I find that each time I have to reach for the virtual keyboard to type a comma, my typing flow is broken. Typing in numbers is even slower. A workaround I have is to write short sentences. So I avoid the comma. But this is sometimes silly. As I would write differently with commas.

Any feedback on how is your typing flow feels when using the virtual keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 06:24 PM
    I find the flow excellent. Maybe not as good as having a shift key, but very similar. Notice that you can always swipe down and press k to have the similar feel as the older blackberries.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 11:11 PM
    really. I find typing in numbers way easier now that there all on the screen. Love this keyboard design more then the bold 9900 .
    01-05-15 11:22 PM
    faster with numbers because you dont have to hold shift.

just hit the screen and pound out the numbers.

comma makes you have to look down at your screen, which sucks. But so do numbers.
    01-05-15 11:23 PM
    Still divided on this issue myself.

I reckon it's all a matter of, well, ... practice!

:-)

�   A berry good start and God's blessing to all in 2015 ...   �
    01-05-15 11:29 PM
    I also have problems with the virtual row, but it not really is about the commas, but rather the virtual shift key. I often find it responds either to slow not capitalising at all or capitalise two character in row. Plus I agree regarding numbers and also some special characters. Stuff like that make me look at the Classic, which still has a fully featured keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 01:03 AM
    I have had a passport and currently have the new classic and I find I can type good on both devices. I thought I would have a problem going to the classic and the smaller keys, but I found the keys to be just the right size and with the predictive text, I am very proficient and have adapted quite well to me new classic.

Sent from my lovely Classic on T Mobile USA
    01-06-15 04:04 AM

Nope, not slow!

Posted from my Square Monstrosity!
    01-06-15 04:10 AM
    Oops, double post!
    01-06-15 04:10 AM
    Let, me test, to see if , this is, fats'or slow' but it's okay.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 06:21 AM
    It took me a couple of days to get used to the hybrid PKB/VKB, but now I'm pretty adept at typing on it. I like it better than the Bold 9900 now.

However, I can see why people would have issues adjusting to it. It should get easier with time.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk 2
    01-06-15 06:49 AM
    me hitting the space bar....seems like it a bit hard than other keypads...

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 07:28 AM
    You could add a shortcut for comma on the pkb, if you like. For example, you can assign 'nn' to be used as a comma ( in the word substitution setting.) That way you could avoid breaking the flow by simply typing nn wherever you want to put a comma. It's a very useful feature and comes in handy when you don't want to type those long email addresses or special symbols from the virtual keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    imcurved, yoshivan and Saulii like this.
    01-06-15 09:45 AM
    I never really adapted to the Passport keyboard. I have large hands but it was just uncomfortable for me to type with any type of speed on it as the keys were just too stretched out for me to have any type of flow while typing. I loved the feel of the keyboard (minus the space bar which had a different feel than the rest of the keys) but the spacing caused me issues.
    01-06-15 11:28 AM
    I find that each time I have to reach for the virtual keyboard to type a comma, my typing flow is broken. Typing in numbers is even slower. A workaround I have is to write short sentences. So I avoid the comma. But this is sometimes silly. As I would write differently with commas.

Any feedback on how is your typing flow feels when using the virtual keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I've been thinking same thing.
    It would been nice if the comma was included in the row where the question mark is.
    I'll try setting up in the short cut key method been mentioned Above.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 12:16 PM
    I like the shortcut key method! Probably not mm, as it's often used in English inside words but uu for example.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 05:53 PM
    How can you add a shortcut so there's no space needed before it, but can be at the end of the word?

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 05:57 PM
    I find like anything you just get use to it. Give it time.

Posted via CB10 with my powerful Passport
    01-06-15 06:02 PM
    I'm using it for a month now, and still it's a difficulty. For [ - ] or [ ' ] and so on, there is the swipe down plus key press available, but for the chars like [ , ] [ ? ] the only way is the small virtual row as they are not mapped to physical keys for the swipe down.
    01-11-15 11:09 AM
    Although I have reached a decent typing speed on the Passport, I am not nearly as fast as I was on the Q10. It's not only about the commas. It's also when you have to type numbers or other special characters. Passport wins in other disciples though.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 02:20 PM
    Although I have reached a decent typing speed on the Passport, I am not nearly as fast as I was on the Q10. It's not only about the commas. It's also when you have to type numbers or other special characters. Passport wins in other disciples though.

Posted via CB10
    Typing numbers is really confusing. There are like three different ways to enter the numbers (virtual single line, virtual half-screen keyboard, or swipe down and hard keys - none of the is the same layout - especially the zero is an akward placement).
    01-11-15 03:04 PM

Just tested it, works fine for me.

Posted via CB10, Mostly from my Passport, occasionally my Z30
    01-11-15 03:08 PM
    Typing numbers is really confusing. There are like three different ways to enter the numbers (virtual single line, virtual half-screen keyboard, or swipe down and hard keys - none of the is the same layout - especially the zero is an akward placement).
    Swipe-down +Q... for zer0

Problem is, if you want more numbers following, then the @123 key is the go, because when swiping the virtual keyboard doesn't stay up.

Maybe some configuration options for VKB behavior would be great...
    :-)

�   A berry good start and God's blessing to all in 2015 ...   �
    01-11-15 10:00 PM