Twice now I have went to my txt msg to reply to them and send and they are completely gone. Why are the gone, I am not removing them they are gone on there own. This is really weird, and kinda annoying...
    07-02-08 11:11 AM
    this might be memory related...

from your home screen press Alt, LShift, H

This will bring up an infomation screen... check your File Free and report back with what you find!
    07-02-08 11:12 AM
    How much free space do you have?
    options>status>files free?
    You might be running low on memory space.
    07-02-08 11:13 AM
    damn it bmc always beats me
    07-02-08 11:14 AM
    damn it bmc always beats me

Now if the OP would report back, we could get his problem fixed!
    07-02-08 11:23 AM
    HUH I AM SO LOST!!!! i dont understand where the sift k is or, can u pls be more detailed in helping me....
    07-02-08 04:36 PM
    Alt key = below the letter "A"
    Shift key = below the alt key
    H key = self explanatory
    07-02-08 04:41 PM
    Or follow what gs warrior said and go into Options > Status

There is no more detail to be added... we just need you to report back with what you find so we can narrow it down to a memory issue or not.

More than likely, the problem is memory related... so have a look at Stoner's Guide to Free Memory (link is in my signature!!)
    07-02-08 04:46 PM
    EShieldss,
    What device are you using? Maybe I missed that but I didn't see it above
    As the others have said it sounds memory related. If you happen to be using a pearl then it is likely related to the known flaw which causes a memory leak. Messages and phone logs are deleted by the phone in an attempt to generate more available memory.

Go to options then status. That gives you the device memory and free memory. If that number is low, below 10MB, then perform a soft reset. That initially requires pulling the battery out and putting it back. You can also download a program called soft reset that will do the same thing and is far more convenient.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-08 04:52 PM
    EShieldss,
    What device are you using? Maybe I missed that but I didn't see it above
    As the others have said it sounds memory related. If you happen to be using a pearl then it is likely related to the known flaw which causes a memory leak. Messages and phone logs are deleted by the phone in an attempt to generate more available memory.

Go to options then status. That gives you the device memory and free memory. If that number is low, below 10MB, then perform a soft reset. That initially requires pulling the battery out and putting it back. You can also download a program called soft reset that will do the same thing and is far more convenient.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    He is using an 8310, and you can tell from his info (EDIT : Sorry, forgot you were on WAP browser )

As for the whole soft reset... a battery pull is a hard reset

And you can perform a soft reset by pressing Alt, R Shift, Del (you do not need that third party app!!)

^^ That works on Curve... it is different on Pearl ^^
    Last edited by bmcclure937; 07-02-08 at 05:01 PM. Reason: change
    07-02-08 04:59 PM
    ok now i cant even call 611 it wont let me dial a number.....what the heck
    07-02-08 05:02 PM
    hey im a girl thanks
    07-02-08 05:03 PM
    You are getting good advice, the symptoms are common.

Pull your battery first. That will let you restart with full control.

Next, visit our local memory recovery thread... we will guide you through it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    07-02-08 05:09 PM
    07-02-08 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD