is there a way to see how many text msgs you've sent on your blackberry?

-canada
    -rogers
    -blackberry bold
    Last edited by siopow; 11-06-08 at 12:05 AM.
    11-05-08 11:55 PM
    yea it should say on your phone bill or on your carriers website if you have a profile created
    11-05-08 11:56 PM
    other than that ^^ just going to the sms folder and just taking a look at all the ones youce sent i dont think there is a way to actually get a number
    11-05-08 11:57 PM
    I usually dial #3282 from my Verizon phone. If there's a better way I would also like to know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-08 11:59 PM
    yea it should say on your phone bill or on your carriers website if you have a profile created
    im not an *****. i should've been more specific.

other than that ^^ just going to the sms folder and just taking a look at all the ones youce sent i dont think there is a way to actually get a number
    there's no actual way to figure out how many texts you've sent eh? damn..
    11-05-08 11:59 PM
    no need to be a **** about it
    11-06-08 12:03 AM

there's no actual way to figure out how many texts you've sent eh? damn..

YOU could count them
    :-P

and then mine
    :-D
    11-06-08 12:03 AM
    Yes there is a way to see how many you have written and received. Go to options>status>menu button>data base sizes>scroll down to sms messages and it will show the total number. Hope that works for ya

11-06-08 12:54 AM
    last month I only had 8000. I must be slacking

11-06-08 01:04 AM
    I usually dial #3282 from my Verizon phone. If there's a better way I would also like to know.

Wow, I didn't know that existed! Thanks for that tidbit of information, haha.
    11-06-08 01:44 AM
    Yes there is a way to see how many you have written and received. Go to options>status>menu button>data base sizes>scroll down to sms messages and it will show the total number. Hope that works for ya

2 THUMBS UP!
    THANKS FOR THE INFO!
    11-06-08 05:49 AM
    Dont know but then I am on an unlimited txt's plan so I have never needed to know..
    11-06-08 07:58 AM
    That's a great tip... but if you're OCD like me and constantly delete your SMS messages that counter will read 0. I suppose it would work if you SMS day in and day out and never delete anything and have retention set to more than 30 days.
    11-06-08 08:58 AM
    AT&T CS. Rep. Told me
    *data# would send me a count. I can't seem to get it to work on this curve.
    Eight Bit
    <///><

11-06-08 10:19 AM
    Doesn't your phone bill say?? There should be a way to check on your phone, just call your provider and ask them.
    11-06-08 11:31 AM

oooh thanks.. im guessing this shows you sent and recieved? mmm..
    11-06-08 12:38 PM

thanks for the info, but i'm a bit confused with the numbers...
    mine says 1067/340.0 K, does that mean i've sent 1067 messages? or does it mean i've sent 1067 K worth of messages?
    12-25-08 03:30 AM
    Hmmm...on my 8310, it says 0/0.0K, even though I have sent and received about a dozen SMS messsages. Does this counter reset when you reboot the BB?
    12-25-08 10:51 AM
    thanks for the info, but i'm a bit confused with the numbers...
    mine says 1067/340.0 K, does that mean i've sent 1067 messages? or does it mean i've sent 1067 K worth of messages?
    1067 messages sent/received, 340.0k database size. It is not an actual total count of messages sent/received, it's just a count of records currently in the database. Deleted messages are not included.

12-25-08 12:05 PM
    Doesn't your phone bill say?? There should be a way to check on your phone, just call your provider and ask them.

now you can check by dialing;

#674# for text message count (even if you have unlimited it tell you the count) JUST FOUND THIS LAST NIGHT

#225# for billing

#646# minutes use
    12-25-08 01:06 PM
    is that only for tmobile?

yea i just go to my provider (sprint's) website and check.
    12-26-08 09:15 AM
    Thanks for the info
    01-03-09 11:48 PM
    *3282# on att gives me this:
    Data Remaining
    As Of: 01/03
    MEdia Net/Internet(MB): Unlimited
    MEdia Net/Internet(MB): Unlimited
    Messaging: Unlimited

No count =/

01-04-09 01:14 AM