I hear that Yahoo! is suppose to have a two-way sync of read status. That was not the case for me (is there something I'm missing?). However, it still worked quite well. Gmail seems to be full of fail whether using POP or IMAP on the BlackBerry. I don't want to have to use any "work arounds."

Right now I have a .Mac (MobileMe) account that I also use for email. When Apple decided to change the service over to MobileMe, a few things started acting funny along the way. I don't think I'm going to pay to have the service renewed, so I'm looking for a new good email solution.

Gmail was my first choice as I've loved it in the past. However, it really does not work well with my BlackBerry. Yahoo! works great, however they do not offer IMAP and their web client is fair at best.

I've now thought about just having an email account hosted using my domain name. GoDaddy offers email hosting for a low price, but they only offer POP (however, I hear they have nice BlackBerry support.)

Can anyone offer a few suggestions to my problem? I know I'm making this harder and more complicated than it should be!
    08-14-08 09:18 PM
    Sadly, only POP is offered through Yahoo! Plus. I would have no problem paying for the service as it would be completely worth it if IMAP was offered.

Also, do you have any idea why my email wasn't "two-way" syncing?
    08-14-08 09:31 PM
    Yeah, Yahoo! is lame for not offering IMAP. They offer it through Zimbra, but it's in beta and isn't the greatest right now. Also, it doesn't sync contacts or the calendar. I'm sure that will come. Also, the Address Book on the Mac can sync with Yahoo! That's a plus. They just need to bring in IMAP!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-08 10:22 PM
    Yahoo doesn't offer IMAP for Outlook sync, but when you set up the Yahoo address on your Blackberry, it is IMAP. The only email account I use is my Yahoo account and I get my emails on my BB before they appear in my online inbox.
    08-31-08 09:28 PM
    Does BB Mail work with IMAP? I've tried but all I ever see is the inbox.
    08-31-08 10:37 PM
    Hey Noah -- Aubiker is right. Yahoo! Mail offers IMAP via the Blackberry, but currently doesn't offer it through their Mail Plus paid version. Like you said, Zimbra desktop does offer it, but it's in a beta at the moment.

You should have two-way sync (read/unread, delete, sent) when you sync up with a Yahoo! account. If you're having issues or questions, feel free to PM me.
    08-31-08 11:18 PM
    Gmail was my first choice as I've loved it in the past. However, it really does not work well with my BlackBerry. Yahoo! works great, however they do not offer IMAP and their web client is fair at best.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    danieljames
    09-01-08 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD