I am interested in a Priv for the future, but would like to play with one first.

So I went to my local AT&T store in FL. They had a Priv on display, but it didn't work. Salesperson very apologetic and wanted my Z10!!

Today I went to my local AT&T store in NJ. They had a sign and place for the Priv. But no Priv. Sales girl said they took it away to fix it because it was broken!!!

Sure would like to see a working Priv, but I'm afraid if I go to another store, it will be strike 3!!!

Maybe if I win one I'll get to try it out!! LOL

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>
    05-09-16 07:22 PM
    I am interested in a Priv for the future, but would like to play with one first.

So I went to my local AT&T store in FL. They had a Priv on display, but it didn't work. Salesperson very apologetic and wanted my Z10!!

Today I went to my local AT&T store in NJ. They had a sign and place for the Priv. But no Priv. Sales girl said they took it away to fix it because it was broken!!!

Sure would like to see a working Priv, but I'm afraid if I go to another store, it will be strike 3!!!

That and threads here should tell you all you need to know about build quality
    JeepBB and bakron1 like this.
    05-09-16 07:47 PM
    I find the build quality quite good actually. Best thing to do is buy one and return it if you don't like it. You can't really tell anything with 5 minutes in a store.
    zephyr613 and Stelios Gnd like this.
    05-09-16 07:51 PM
    In my experience when shopping for BlackBerry devices, what you experienced sounds like par for the course. Products are difficult to find on display and operating properly. Subsequently, the buyer moves to the next competitor's device. And BlackBerry should make more effort to visit stores to insure their products are properly represented. But holding a working BlackBerry Device in your hand, will sell itself, if everything else (pricing) is in line. So,hopefully there's no strike three.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-16 07:40 AM
    Priv quality is very good. I've dropped mine twice now. All ok.

Keep looking. Maybe try a T-Mobile or VZ store?

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    05-10-16 07:45 AM

You have a local store in both FL and NJ?????
    05-10-16 07:45 AM
    Snowbird here!! That's what old people do. LOL
    Will try NJ store next week again. The girl even admitted the phones are mistreated in the store.

05-10-16 09:14 AM
    My optometrist has a priv.....first one i've seen out here in Hali and got to hold it and play around with it. It's a pretty good looking, sturdy piece of hardware...screen was sharp. Looked good overall and he seems to be really happy with it

Pimp slappin iGeeks, Droinerds and Windufuses with my big white Z30
    05-10-16 01:09 PM
    I find the build quality to be BlackBerry. I really can't complain. I don't know if it will be the tank that my z30 is but it's a nice solid feeling phone for as thin and light as it is compared to the z30

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    05-10-16 01:47 PM
    Snowbird here!! That's what old people do. LOL
    Will try NJ store next week again. The girl even admitted the phones are mistreated in the store.

AAAhhhhh Gotcha!!!
    Carry on!!!
    05-10-16 02:12 PM
    Maybe call around and ask..... even if its a TMobile or Verizon store.
    05-10-16 02:18 PM
    Products are difficult to find on display and operating properly. Subsequently, the buyer moves to the next competitor's device. And BlackBerry should make more effort to visit stores to insure their products are properly represented.
    BB used to have folks who did that. They were contractors, and the contract was canceled back in 2013 when the company was put up for sale. There were almost a thousand of those folks, and BB simply doesn't have the money to employ people like that. The only reason the whole company has survived to this point is because Heins and Chen cut a ton of costs.

But holding a working BlackBerry Device in your hand, will sell itself, if everything else (pricing) is in line. So,hopefully there's no strike three.
    The challenge for BB is that a store demo phone doesn't give you the full experience. Without email and other accounts set up, you can't see much of what BB's phones do. That's always been an issue for BB - and other companies too, but especially for BB, since they're so email-centric.
    05-10-16 06:49 PM
    I find the build quality to be BlackBerry. I really can't complain. I don't know if it will be the tank that my z30 is but it's a nice solid feeling phone for as thin and light as it is compared to the z30

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    Is it much lighter than the Z30?

05-10-16 09:37 PM
    Is it much lighter than the Z30?

Z30 is 170g
    Priv is 192g

Priv is 13% heavier, but has a screen that has 17% more area.
    05-10-16 09:52 PM
    I find the build quality quite good actually. Best thing to do is buy one and return it if you don't like it. You can't really tell anything with 5 minutes in a store.
    Took me only a minute to realize the keyboard was pretty bad.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-16 10:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    Ditto. My experience in the store with the keyboard convinced me that it wasn't up to BlackBerry's usual standards.
    05-10-16 10:38 PM
    Ditto. My experience in the store with the keyboard convinced me that it wasn't up to BlackBerry's usual standards.
    Nonsense. The physical keyboard of the BlackBerry Priv is excellent.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    05-12-16 12:25 PM
    ^^^^ no it is not
    05-12-16 03:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Actually the PKB is pretty good. I love having both VKB for short messages and the PKB for longer emails/messages with accuracy.

The build quality has been solid for me. I only have a hard shell for my Priv. I have other BlackBerry phones, Classic, Leap, Z10 Q10. I find the build quality and looks of the Priv to be on par. Very happy with it but will never let go of my Classic for nostalgic reasons.

You really need more than a short time in the store with the Priv to customize it and adjust to the experience. Just like when we moved from OS7 to OS10. And the Hub is not the same as on OS10 but I find the snooze, swipe to delete features to be really useful. Not sure if that is on OS10 now.

Posted via my Priv
    05-12-16 04:43 PM
    ^^^^ no it is not
    Maybe you're holding it upside down.
    Alain_A likes this.
    05-12-16 07:04 PM
    Nonsense. The physical keyboard of the BlackBerry Priv is excellent.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    I own a Bold 9900, Q10, and an HP Pre3 for comparison purposes. I think I'm capable of assessing keyboard quality.
    05-12-16 07:33 PM
    Maybe the keyboard has a good build quality, but it sure did not felt good when I was typing with it, far from being as smooth as the passport/classic.
    05-13-16 11:31 PM
    Maybe you're holding it upside down.
    Holding it wrong... So Apple was right all along!!

*A3-A20
    TgeekB, JeepBB and Alain_A like this.
    05-14-16 12:02 AM