1. For Verizon users, is there a way to install "Backup manager" on my new BB? I can't find it... Because all of my numbers were on there, and now, well, I have none and it would really suck to have to put them in manually.

2. Is there a way to put my SMS texts in with the whole messages pile... thing? I've tried to understand tha but can't, and can't find it in the manual.
    07-16-09 08:36 PM
    1. For Verizon users, is there a way to install "Backup manager" on my new BB? I can't find it... Because all of my numbers were on there, and now, well, I have none and it would really suck to have to put them in manually.

2. Is there a way to put my SMS texts in with the whole messages pile... thing? I've tried to understand tha but can't, and can't find it in the manual.
    Not sure about your first question but if you want all messages to show up together, go to Messages --> Options --> General Options --> SMS and Email Boxes. Set that to combined and they all should show up.
    07-16-09 09:06 PM
    Not sure about your first question but if you want all messages to show up together, go to Messages --> Options --> General Options --> SMS and Email Boxes. Set that to combined and they all should show up.

Awesome, thanks so much Did it and it works fine now!
    07-16-09 09:09 PM
    You can't use backup manager on the blackberry with verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 09:28 PM
    You can't use backup manager on the blackberry with verizon.

Lame. So is there any way to get my numbers back?
    07-16-09 09:29 PM
    Do you still have your old phone? Verizon can transfer them at the store for you.

07-16-09 11:01 PM
    What kind of phones was it?

Treos Winmo phones ect u can just sink it with out look then ur good

07-17-09 12:20 AM
    If you can get your numbers into Outlook, the Desktop Manager will sync the phone (appts, contacts, memo(notes).
    07-17-09 09:15 AM
    Do you still have your old phone? Verizon can transfer them at the store for you.

My old phone was totally broken. I have my old OLD phone which I was using which has numbers that are even older, which I guess would be worth syncing rather than having no numbers, but yeah...

What kind of phones was it?

Treos Winmo phones ect u can just sink it with out look then ur good

Nope :/ The phone WAS a Samsung "Alias" or whatever. SCH-U740. But it is physically in pieces, so I had been using an old LG phone that was so old it didn't have "get it now" so I couldn't get backup manager. It's some super-old LG phone flippy phone, no camera, no buttons.

If you can get your numbers into Outlook, the Desktop Manager will sync the phone (appts, contacts, memo(notes).
    Hm.. that may be useful.
    07-17-09 09:59 AM

You could use the Desktop Manager software to move the data from the old phone to your BB. Click on Device Switcher.

And welcome to the BB world. Here's some links you might want to look at:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/wha...ions-bb-14431/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/
    07-17-09 11:34 AM
    Thanks for the tips guys.

07-17-09 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD