What about people who can afford Priv but still bash the phone?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    Hey, it is all subjective. Some people usually point out some other issue they do not like when they bash the Priv, such as PKB too small, or too much plastic for a premium phone. I directed my message to folks who want the phone, but complain about price. There is alot of things I want but can not afford...like I said, I will not bash the company or the product if I can not afford it. Instead of saying the phone is too high...just say I can not afford the Priv. It is easier to attack BB instead of looking at themselves.

Like my boy Samuel Jackson asks in the Capitol One Commercial: " What's in your Wallet?"

Apparently not enough to buy the Priv...
    04-18-16 05:57 PM
    Priv price has been dropped to $450 on Dealshare or whatever it's called.
    04-18-16 05:59 PM
    Priv price has been dropped to $450?
    Only while supplies last thru an AT&T vendor...
    04-18-16 06:08 PM
    Only while supplies last thru an AT&T vendor...
    If they sell a lot might be an indicator price needs to be lower?
    04-18-16 06:09 PM
    If they sell a lot might be an indicator price needs to be lower?
    Yes..a lower price will yield more sales. The market has spoken in regards to this. If you slapped the name "Iphone" on the Priv's body it would sell like hotcakes. The brand name is important...people will buy Jordan shoes over Adidas and Under Armour even if the other shoes have more technology in them than the Jordan's. IMO the Priv is a well built, unique device. Money was no objective for me so I have no problem paying close to full retail.
    04-18-16 06:36 PM
    Yes..a lower price will yield more sales. The market has spoken in regards to this. If you slapped the name "Iphone" on the Priv's body it would sell like hotcakes. The brand name is important...people will buy Jordan shoes over Adidas and Under Armour even if the other shoes have more technology in them than the Jordan's. IMO the Priv is a well built, unique device. Money was no objective for me so I have no problem paying close to full retail.
    If you slapped the iPhone name on it people would quickly realize it's not an iPhone. Apple has built a reputation and, while I'm sure the Priv is a nice device, it doesn't match that reputation. It needs to build its own reputation and needs the correct price point. It ain't there yet.
    04-18-16 06:46 PM
    If you slapped the iPhone name on it people would quickly realize it's not an iPhone. Apple has built a reputation and, while I'm sure the Priv is a nice device, it doesn't match that reputation. It needs to build its own reputation and needs the correct price point. It ain't there yet.
    What is an Iphone?? It is under spec compared to alot of the flagship androids... I had a friend who stated that my Z30 display looked better than his 5S. Apple is buying screens from Samsung for there 2017 Iphones. Apple is not the best out there.
    04-18-16 06:50 PM
    What is an Iphone?? It is under spec compared to alot of the flagship androids... I had a friend who stated that my Z30 display looked better than his 5S. Apple is buying screens from Samsung for there 2017 Iphones. Apple is not the best out there.
    iPhone is what Blackberry should be wishing they were; popular and making money.

I'm not trying to compare specs, I'm talking marketing and sales.
    04-18-16 06:52 PM
    iPhone is what Blackberry should be wishing they were; popular and making money.

I'm not trying to compare specs, I'm talking marketing and sales.
    BB was that...mistakes and competition along the way hurt them. Tides are changing now... Apple is facing competition now...
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    04-18-16 07:18 PM
    BB was that...mistakes and competition along the way hurt them. Tides are changing now... Apple is facing competition now...
    Yes they are, but I doubt they'll drop out of existence like Blackberry did. Though it will be harder to innovate with Jobs gone.
    04-18-16 07:21 PM
    While I'd argue that nothing I've said lately was either overly negative or trash talk, I'm not here to make them look rosy all the time either. They've been missed on already confirmed release dates, they've pushed back on others and John Chen's messages to his users are widely skewed and often times make very little sense. If you listened to the last BerryFlow podcast, I got rather defensive over some things BlackBerry related but there's also some things that just seem way out of whack within BlackBerry.

Also, if I seem negative, it's because I don't dance around reality - never really have and I've taken plenty of heat for it before but that's not going to change. My directness is often considered 'rude', negative' or whatever else you want to call it.. And I might as well mention, what you quoted with the question of me being negative was clearly just a joke.
    I have this issue all the time in real life and virtual, especially with woman. Ha your a realist, me also.

More then half these people would be banned on any other forum but you don't just take your view and not let others speak theirs or i'd be banned by now as many others so all I can say is fairness equals - RESPECT!..

We need more "REALIST"...

Posted via CB10
    04-18-16 07:21 PM
    Yes they are, but I doubt they'll drop out of existence like Blackberry did. Though it will be harder to innovate with Jobs gone.
    The Greece empire fell when the Romans invaded. Samsung could be Rome...
    04-18-16 07:38 PM
    The Greece empire fell when the Romans invaded. Samsung could be Rome...
    While I don't use an iPhone, I'm not sure why we should want them to fall.
    04-18-16 07:40 PM
    I don't think 700 for a phone is to much, I bought 2 at one time and bought them out right because I'm not signing a contract, but I think the BlackBerry Priv is well worth the $700. I had the S7 for a few days and I paid the same and now that's a phone that's not worth $700.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my BlackBerry Priv �
    Except they're offering BOGO free, so really more like $350. At least for now.
    04-18-16 07:43 PM
    As much as some of the faithful would love to see Apple fall, that's a pipe dream and is not going to happen. They have embedded themselves into the mainstream culture similar to what Blackberry did back in the day.

The big difference is they listened to what the consumer asked for, delivered it and Blackberry didn't. They now have the capital and resources to be around for years to come and I don't see them slowing down any time soon.
    TgeekB, MikeX74, JeepBB and 2 others like this.
    04-18-16 07:48 PM
    I am impartial when it comes to phones and manufacturers. Which means I will buy from anyone if that product meet my needs...which the Priv is doing now. One day I could have an Iphone..but my point is that empires fall. The reviews from sites and users stated the Samsung S7 is ahead of the IPHONE 6S in alot of areas. Hey, Apple is buying screens from Samsung for 2017 Iphones. Apple is not leading anymore...they are following...just like Blackberry. The Priv curve display is from Samsung.
    04-18-16 07:48 PM
    I am impartial when it comes to phones and manufacturers. Which means I will buy from anyone if that product meet my needs...which the Priv is doing now. One day I could have an Iphone..but my point is that empires fall. The reviews from sites and users stated the Samsung S7 is ahead of the IPHONE 6S in alot of areas. Hey, Apple is buying screens from Samsung for 2017 Iphones. Apple is not leading anymore...they are following...just like Blackberry. The Priv curve display is from Samsung.
    A phone that came out in March of this year is better than a phone that came out in September of last year. Shocker.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-18-16 08:37 PM
    A phone that came out in March of this year is better than a phone that came out in September of last year. Shocker.
    You are right..every 6 months these phones take a leap in the technology department.
    04-18-16 08:46 PM
    Maybe a lower priced Android will sell better than the Priv. But aren't there a bunch of mid/low priced Android devices already in the market? What's the real advantage of of a BlackBerry branded Android device? The security argument is questionable, the HUB on Android seems inconsistent, and how many Android users really want a PKB?

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-18-16 08:57 PM
    Priv price has been dropped to $450 on Dealshare or whatever it's called.
    If you are a consumer who has been deterred by the high-price of the Priv, then that's good news ... but, I'm not sure that should be regarded as good news for BB.

Even if sales do receive a boost, and that's likely IMO, the lower price simply means Chen's profitability target becomes harder to reach. I doubt the retailer is going to eat the reduced margin all on their own, so BB will get less revenue on each discounted Priv.

Being the old cynic that I am, I view a price drop as a great way to flush "old model" stock through the supplier chain quickly so that nobody gets stuck with unsold inventory.
    04-19-16 12:42 AM
    Perhaps, but what about carriers that actually matter? Rogers, Bell and Telus up here all had BB10 devices for sale, with displays and everything for the first couple months. But then, the numbers came in.
    But throughout those months the people in the store tried their best to dissuade people from buying them, even in Toronto.
    If you tried to get a BB10 device or a PlayBook, they looked at you as if you were from another planet.
    When I asked them to show me a tablet or phone that could livestream BBC World News live in HD in Toronto and hot swap the simcard like I was doing in front of them on my Playbook and Z10 in February 2013, they shut up.
    No IoS device was a better media player in February 2013 than the playBook and Z10. Ipads and and iphones could not play flash nor youtube videos...and users thought it was acceptable.
    roleli likes this.
    04-19-16 12:54 AM
    Apple has always bought their chips and displays from elsewhere because they are not semiconductor or display manufacturers. Samsung is. For that reason, it is cheaper for Samsung to make phones.
    Samsung's problem is that they cannot design the chips and the software as well as Apple does...
    04-19-16 12:58 AM
    Maybe a lower priced Android will sell better than the Priv. But aren't there a bunch of mid/low priced Android devices already in the market? What's the real advantage of of a BlackBerry branded Android device? The security argument is questionable, the HUB on Android seems inconsistent, and how many Android users really want a PKB?
    Which is why several posters here doubt that the mid-price phones will ever appear.

As the Priv has demonstrated, few out there (other than ex-BB10 folks) see much to attract them in a BB Android phone. I've seen close to zero enthusiasm in the wider Android community for the Priv, never mind the Hub. Knox (with the might of Samsung pushing it) will eat BB's "security" lunch, which leaves the PKB as BB's only real remaining USP... and one of these "planned" phones won't even have that!

Even if these phones are "launched" towards the end of this year (a big "if" IMO), I see no prospect of them ever being available to buy.

The "world" (both consumer and Enterprise) has spoken clearly. They are content with Android/Apple, who build phones at every spec and price-point and which meet their needs, and see no compelling reason to use a BlackBerry phone - certainly no BB10 phone, and probably not a BB Android phone either because it arguably brings nothing more to the party. Ironically, BBOS trundles on regardless, it fills a niche and will probably outlive BB10... but it will never challenge for dominance and the bigger players are content to let it have its tiny space in the market.
    04-19-16 01:07 AM
    I've said this before and I'll say it again - run a droid with as few apps as a BB10 phone is running. It'll run faster and smoother than the BB10 phone. I disagree that they run slower, and found BB10 to be slow (especially the browser). But, if you're claiming it is, it's probably the 15 GB of apps on the Droid phone that BB10 doesn't have access to.
    Good luck with that. I left android because I had no choice on the 18 google apps I had no choice in installing and that rung in the background junking up the OS. plus they are updates that hit randomly and frequently. the only g-app I used, occassionaly, was the maps and even there I pretty much switched to Here.

Very happy with my Classic and LTE nexus 7 running CM...
    04-19-16 08:46 AM
    The "world" (both consumer and Enterprise) has spoken clearly. They are content with Android/Apple, who build phones at every spec and price-point and which meet their needs, and see no compelling reason to use a BlackBerry phone - certainly no BB10 phone, and probably not a BB Android phone either because it arguably brings nothing more to the party. Ironically, BBOS trundles on regardless, it fills a niche and will probably outlive BB10... but it will never challenge for dominance and the bigger players are content to let it have its tiny space in the market.
    Maybe "the world" has, but not the market, relative to BB10. Otherwise there would be no one d/l CM, buying a one+, buying a jolla, windows phone or blackphone...heck, Samsung would never have launched tizen, which it did, if that was the case.

There is a market for BB10, it just requires some patience and it is smaller than most on crackberry understand, but it is still a viable market. as desolate as blackberry world can seem at times, I believe it's in a better spot than a tizen app market. the android runtime is not sandboxed on the blackphone, so no apps there w/o compromising some security.

BB should not be competing, phone sale by phone sale, with Apple or android. I think Mazda and it's history with the rotary engine is instructive here and I think, imho, Chen should consider it. I've got a big post drafted in my head using this Mazda example, which I may post in the next few days...

standard specs hardware wide, GSM, direct to consumers, choice of OS....slab + pkb...perhaps slightly more for the BB10 for support reasons. I personally would pay slightly more for a BB10 device over and android, provided they get the price right ($299-399 USD...maybe a standard $349 for android phones...they need to keep it in the $315 per device range for earnings)
    BlackGuy likes this.
    04-19-16 08:57 AM
347 ... 1011121314