Sorry to correct you... the .2% is representative of the whole BlackBerry userbase, which is still primarily BBOS devices. If you are worried about just BB10 users I think that was more like .02%. But that includes many that aren't die hards as they are now carrying PRIV... so maybe it's more in the range of .0015%?

Of course it only takes 1.....
    Your math is wrong. 0.02% is the number of phones sold in the quarter, not the total users.
    According to the latest report, there are still over 20million BBOS and bB10 active users. If those represented 0.2% of the market, there would be 10 Billion active phone users on Earth, while the Earth's population is about 7Billion.
    Less than 300k Priv's were sold. Subtract that from 20million. And you don't get from 0.2% to 0.015%.
    04-16-16 09:33 PM
    So many are missing the point. Enterprise customers are BlackBerrys main concern. The cheaper phones are for them not the regular consumers. We are just given access to the phones. If enterprise customers are happy with the 400 dollar price point that's what it will be set at. I believe the Privs price was set high because of build cost and BlackBerry wanting the make as much off of each device as possible.

Posted via the CrackBerry App from a BlackBerry Priv
    04-16-16 09:57 PM
    I don't think 700 for a phone is to much, I bought 2 at one time and bought them out right because I'm not signing a contract, but I think the BlackBerry Priv is well worth the $700. I had the S7 for a few days and I paid the same and now that's a phone that's not worth $700.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my BlackBerry Priv �
    Bay 13 likes this.
    04-16-16 10:08 PM
    Yes, but he is sober, he is a better drinker and you are not. He is right.
    Priv is selling less than Bb10 devices even now.
    It does not matter if BB10 would have been a success had Chen supported it from day one and not focused on Android from pretty much day one. That is a conjecture.
    What is fact is that Priv was less of a success than Bb10 and therefore going android is not going to work either.
    So one attempt (Android) is automatic failure but multiple attempts (BB10) and we get to make excuses? Got it.
    04-16-16 11:39 PM
    I don't think 700 for a phone is to much, I bought 2 at one time and bought them out right because I'm not signing a contract, but I think the BlackBerry Priv is well worth the $700. I had the S7 for a few days and I paid the same and now that's a phone that's not worth $700.

700 dollars is what I make in two weeks if lucky. Usually around 680. This is Canadian too. So it's like a months whole wage to buy a 1k phone for me. And that's if I don't pay rent, bills and eat. I wish I could randomly throw down 700 and buy a new phone every 2 or 3 months.
    04-17-16 01:31 AM
    So one attempt (Android) is automatic failure but multiple attempts (BB10) and we get to make excuses? Got it.
    How dare Chen take the sunshine, lollipops and rainbows that was BB10 in November 2013 and not conquer the market with it!
    JeepBB, TgeekB and MikeX74 like this.
    04-17-16 03:37 AM
    So many are missing the point. Enterprise customers are BlackBerrys main concern. The cheaper phones are for them not the regular consumers. We are just given access to the phones. If enterprise customers are happy with the 400 dollar price point that's what it will be set at. I believe the Privs price was set high because of build cost and BlackBerry wanting the make as much off of each device as possible.

Posted via the CrackBerry App from a BlackBerry Priv
    Go back and read Chen's statements when he announces a new phone, he always claims it is for enterprise then when it bombs he then says 'oh enterprise really liked it but they actually wanted this other thing' then then that bombs he repeats.

Maybe enterprise just doesn't want bbry devices at all?
    04-17-16 04:52 AM
    700 dollars is what I make in two weeks if lucky. Usually around 680. This is Canadian too. So it's like a months whole wage to buy a 1k phone for me. And that's if I don't pay rent, bills and eat. I wish I could randomly throw down 700 and buy a new phone every 2 or 3 months.
    I don't buy a new phone every couple months, although I can afford to I just don't think it's necessary for me to do that. I could buy 2 BlackBerry Priv phones each week with the money I make, but my income wasn't the point I was trying to make, I was just saying that I think with the way the BlackBerry Priv is built that it's well worth the $700 I paid for it, but I totally agree with you, I wish the price would drop so more people would be able to afford it. If BlackBerry wants to stay in the phone business and be competitive their going to have to drop the price to help people afford it and to draw people to it.

Bay 13 likes this.
    04-17-16 10:23 AM

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my BlackBerry Priv ™
    "Price is what you pay. Value is what you get." Warren Buffett.

I agree with you. I paid $649.00 USD for Priv a few months ago unlocked from BB...no contract. I believe the Priv is worth the price. I feel you get value for what you pay for with the Priv. I have no regrets. Now..some people can not afford that price. No need to bash the phone because you can not afford it. I would not bash a Chevy Corvette because I can not afford one. I would buy what I can afford and move on. If you pay less, you will probably get less too. I would be shocked if the two Android phones they release soon at a lower price out spec the Priv.
    04-17-16 12:38 PM
    "Price is what you pay. Value is what you get." Warren Buffett.

I agree with you. I paid $649.00 USD for Priv a few months ago unlocked from BB...no contract. I believe the Priv is worth the price. I feel you get value for what you pay for with the Priv. I have no regrets. Now..some people can not afford that price. No need to bash the phone because you can not afford it. I would not bash a Chevy Corvette because I can not afford one. I would buy what I can afford and move on. If you pay less, you will probably get less too. I would be shocked if the two Android phones they release soon at a lower price out spec the Priv.
    Well said man!!

04-17-16 12:49 PM
    Well said man!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my BlackBerry Priv ™
    Thanks...
    04-17-16 01:06 PM
    Thanks...
    Post a screenshot of your Priv, here's mine

Attached Thumbnails Two new Android Devices - John Chen-40088.jpg  
    04-17-16 02:09 PM
    How dare Chen take the sunshine, lollipops and rainbows that was BB10 in November 2013 and not conquer the market with it!
    That's what a good CEO is supposed to do. Do everything to promote and push his product.
    Instead Chen started to cry like a baby that he didn't know what the market wanted and that he was praying to the Oracle (i.e market) to tell him what to do. In the meantime, he kissed his competitor's hand and adopted her product.
    04-17-16 03:04 PM
    Go back and read Chen's statements when he announces a new phone, he always claims it is for enterprise then when it bombs he then says 'oh enterprise really liked it but they actually wanted this other thing' then then that bombs he repeats.

Maybe enterprise just doesn't want bbry devices at all?
    This.
    04-17-16 03:08 PM
    Looks like more Passports were sold on the launch day of the Passport online than Priv's were sold so far through all carriers.
    At least yesterday's BerryFlow said so.

Even in this last quarter, when everybody knew BB10 was EOL, more BB10 phones were sold than Priv's. The ASP at 315 dollars was the same as in the previous quarter.
    The issue is, carrier sales channels are blocked at the front line,...

...devices either not on display or demo devices not working, sales people don't show or suggest, but refer to the "safe (and commission-padded) choices", etc ...

That needs to chance, but it needs some effort which costs money. BlackBerry better start selling online, ... worldwide... forget the carriers, if they don't make sure front lines are cooperating. :-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    04-17-16 03:08 PM
    That's what a good CEO is supposed to do. Do everything to promote and push his product.
    But what if the product is impossible to push? Keep in mind, by the time Chen had come in, Thorsten Heins was happily promoting BB10 with that dumb Alicia Keys/Tame Impala/Super Bowl ad campaign, yet somehow it didn't work.

A good CEO would also know when to fold 'em.
    04-17-16 04:45 PM
    But what if the product is impossible to push? Keep in mind, by the time Chen had come in, Thorsten Heins was happily promoting BB10 with that dumb Alicia Keys/Tame Impala/Super Bowl ad campaign, yet somehow it didn't work.

That tame impala song is a good song. But I do agree.
    04-17-16 04:48 PM
    No need to bash the phone because you can not afford it.
    What about people who can afford Priv but still bash the phone?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    04-17-16 06:20 PM
    The issue is, carrier sales channels are blocked at the front line,...

...devices either not on display or demo devices not working, sales people don't show or suggest, but refer to the "safe (and commission-padded) choices", etc ...

That needs to chance, but it needs some effort which costs money. BlackBerry better start selling online, ... worldwide... forget the carriers, if they don't make sure front lines are cooperating. :-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    Sales people are not going to push a product they feel has a high certainty of being returned. And if the prevailing word of mouth from their peers is that blackberry is poison but Samsung and Apple are sure bets, then can you blame them? They have to make a living too.

When I was in the T-mobile store a month or so ago, they sold nearly 10 phones in the few minutes I was there. I think one family alone walked out with 4 iphones. That's north of $2500 in one swoop. And that was a 10 minute snapshot. Those people won't be returning those phones. Trading them in a year or two from now? Most likely!

I can only imagine the verizon stores 3 years ago when customers were returning z10s they had just bought. I'm sure other folks who were in the store at the time swore they'd never buy one! Bad word of mouth is a killer.
    JeepBB and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    04-17-16 06:55 PM
    For me, I've preferred blackberry because of the pkb first and foremost, I've always enjoyed the tactile feed back and accuracy of it over glass slabs, between Blackberries going back to about 07/08 I had one android (Sony experia x10 mini) and an iphone 4 and whilst I never had an issue with either os it was the typing on glass that I've always hated.
    If one of these two new devices is pkb and not as large as priv I will happily migrate to android even though I love my passport and bb10 I'm not married to the os I'm married to the pkb, that's why I've invariably had blackberry phones and I hope I will still be able to buy one when my passport contract expires even if I choose not to do so I'd like blackberry to be there.

Posted via CB10
    Yes totally agree. I want the physical keyboard too. I want Blackberry to still exist in some way.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    04-17-16 07:08 PM

Not sure. Example, Sprint was so far deep into Apples ****, and refused to sell any BB10 device, though eventually conceded into offering the Q10. Do you think they were pushing the Q10 forward? Nope, it was all iPhones, all thanks to the Rip Off terms Apple has on the Carriers. This type of business practice should be illegal. Because it represents Anti-Competition. And due to this Anti- Competition behavior tactics, we now have an un-intuitive, old and tiresome home button OS that should have been retired years ago.

Sure, I blame BBRY for all the delays and the ridiculous marketing choices, but its not entirely all there fault.
    What about people who can afford Priv but still bash the phone?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    Because its an un-intuitive mess. Its nothing like BB10, and that's the problem. Many Priv's got returned in my neck of the woods. And where is the BB10 Experience suite that was suppose to come out cross platform? Oh I forgot, iOS and Android are incapable of running such innovation. Because they are both too old.
    04-18-16 06:59 AM
    Not sure. Example, Sprint was so far deep into Apples ****, and refused to sell any BB10 device, though eventually conceded into offering the Q10. Do you think they were pushing the Q10 forward? Nope, it was all iPhones, all thanks to the Rip Off terms Apple has on the Carriers. This type of business practice should be illegal. Because it represents Anti-Competition. And due to this Anti- Competition behavior tactics, we now have an un-intuitive, old and tiresome home button OS that should have been retired years ago.

Sure, I blame BBRY for all the delays and the ridiculous marketing choices, but its not entirely all there fault.

Because its an un-intuitive mess. Its nothing like BB10, and that's the problem. Many Priv's got returned in my neck of the woods. And where is the BB10 Experience suite that was suppose to come out cross platform? Oh I forgot, iOS and Android are incapable of running such innovation. Because they are both too old.
    Sprint is one small US Carrier.... BlackBerry didn't just fail in the US. They failed back in their home base of Canada also. They failed in markets where BlackBerry still had marketshare and where Apple still hadn't had any effect on the market.

And sorry but iOS is very intuitive, unless you have learned some other OS first. It's one of the reason people use iOS.... it just so easy to use. With BB10 there was no consistency between the UI, Native Apps and ported Apps

BlackBerry failed because they fell behind. BB10 was about five years too late to market, people already had an expectation of what a smartphone should be. And at launch BB10 wasn't it... Granted to with a more mature BB10 and with some help of a few hackers... it's a much more useful experience. But why settle for old hardware, or trust some hackers... when you don't have to?
    04-18-16 07:17 AM
    And sorry but iOS is very intuitive, unless you have learned some other OS first.
    You contradict yourself right here! You can say that about any other OS.
    I for one, coming from Linux and bb10, find MacOs and IoS very un-intuitive and very unproductive, more so than Windows...
    04-18-16 08:06 AM
    You contradict yourself right here! You can say that about any other OS.
    I for one, coming from Linux and bb10, find MacOs and IoS very un-intuitive and very unproductive, more so than Windows...
    iOS unintuitive?
    You're using it wrong.

*C5303
    JeepBB and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    04-18-16 08:19 AM

Perhaps, but what about carriers that actually matter? Rogers, Bell and Telus up here all had BB10 devices for sale, with displays and everything for the first couple months. But then, the numbers came in.
    04-18-16 10:50 AM
347 ... 910111213 ...