The one in Marsmallow? Nah. More like Hub Mini Mega Micro Max to most.

I still like it better than the stupid BB10 one. It doesn't remind me every 5 minutes I'm connected to Blend.
    I reckon you might be in the minority in liking the Android Hub-lite more than the BB10 Full-Fat Hub.

Most of the Hub-lite related posts I've seen are complaints that it doesn't work like the BB10 Hub, and is missing BB10 features.
    04-15-16 05:28 AM
    Having the option to load BB10 and Android on phones would be a win win for the diehard BB10 fan and those that don't mind giving Android a spin. That would save the hardware division for sure.
    Die hard bb10 fans? I don't think they exist, especially considering every bb10 device was a dud (from a sales pov).
    04-15-16 05:28 AM
    I reckon you might be in the minority in liking the Android Hub-lite more than the BB10 Full-Fat Hub.

Most of the Hub-lite related posts I've seen are complaints that it doesn't work like the BB10 Hub, and is missing BB10 features.
    Might sound like minority here, but the majority here still thinks BB10 is a market leader and Google is the reincarnation of the evil Axis.
    DrBoomBotz, TgeekB, JeepBB and 1 others like this.
    04-15-16 06:06 AM
    I hope they let Passport run Android OS!
    Don't hold your breath, if blackberry succeed in its android endeavor they will love you to buy a new berrydroid from them. A passport Os update will not make any of the cash flow they are trying to regain. New phones, new costumers, new business. And I wouldn't put my money on the hardware division, we all have been witnesses of the special efforts of Mr Chen to remind people that blackberry is not just phones.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-16 07:00 AM
    Are you serious? Crazy. BlackBerry should have kept BB10 but sold a BlackBerry suite on iOS and Android.

Posted via CB10
    Kept BB10... that's like keeping a cow that doesn't give milk anymore. All it does is cost you money with no return... and every day that goes by the opportunity for any return diminishes as it gets older and tougher.

I think the cost of developing a full suite for just Android was more that Chen was willing to gamble on, maybe only a quarter of what they planned has been done. With no indication they were going to do the other key apps. I think an iOS one was technically impossible based on how BBM is working on iOS. And I think the failure of BBM Meetings showed Chen that Enterprise wasn't interested.

Now personally I really like the BlackBerry Priv's Apps on my Droid... would even pay for them (if the prices was reasonable). But that's because I came from BlackBerry.
    04-15-16 07:22 AM
    I am hoping for an Android passport in the range of 300USD.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-16 07:34 AM
    Die hard bb10 fans? I don't think they exist, especially considering every bb10 device was a dud (from a sales pov).
    The android people simply took over here now that it is acceptable to talk about droid over BB10. Most of the BB10 guys no longer post or go elsewhere. They complain about BB10 guys bashing the priv in the Priv forum but there are many more android guys bashing BB10 in the BB10 forums.
    I like to come here still for the drama, not much real news or information comes from these forums anymore.

Anyway back on topic:
    A BB10 autoloader for future devices would be GREAT. Even if it has no further development other than drivers to support new hardware.
    04-15-16 07:36 AM
    I would love to see bb release a high end (slab) android device. These half arss attempts are not impressive.
    Lozfromoz likes this.
    04-15-16 07:39 AM
    Interesting comment, seeing how the Priv made BlackBerry a ton of cash. Oh wait? BlackBerry wouldn't be running out of money, they would have been selling enough BB10 phones to help keep revenue up. All it takes is the one smart phone BBRY customers asked for and a bit of Marketing. Instead John Chen does it backwards. Name one device John Chen came out with that sold well? Priv? no, Leap? no, Classic? no, Passport? no. Yet he continues his failed strategy with 2 more Android phones LOLOL
    So I agree wth you on the two new devices. I can't imagine how those will be successful financially. We'll see.

But to say that the Priv doesn't make money is true. That doesn't, however, mean that continuing to pour more money and take more risk with BB10 would be a better choice!
    Elephant_Canyon and JeepBB like this.
    04-15-16 08:12 AM
    They released the Leap after the Z30 (if you're talking all touch) and it was cheaper.
    The Leap was not an upgrade path for the Z30. I had a Z10 and my brother wanted a BB10 device moving from BBOS.

He looked at the Z10, then the Z30 and the Leap. The Leap was newer but the Z30 had the better specifications and features. He bought the Z30.

That said I don't think a new BB10 device would make any difference to Blackberry's fortune.
    Last edited by roleli; 04-20-16 at 12:57 AM.
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    04-15-16 08:14 AM
    I've said this before and I'll say it again - run a droid with as few apps as a BB10 phone is running. It'll run faster and smoother than the BB10 phone. I disagree that they run slower, and found BB10 to be slow (especially the browser). But, if you're claiming it is, it's probably the 15 GB of apps on the Droid phone that BB10 doesn't have access to.
    If only that was true. Not even the high end droids work as fast or efficiently as BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    04-15-16 08:36 AM
    I absolutely do. I think the launch of Android by BlackBerry was mediocre at best but it's a huge improvement over BB10. I do wish BlackBerry would have brought all of BB10's features and main applications over to Android, the execution of Android by BlackBerry would have been loads better.

I originally used a BlackBerry (my first device was a Pearl Flip) before moving to Android. I then came back to BlackBerry where I have been since 2011. After moving back to Android, it becomes apparent how basic and simple BB10 is. It's not very advanced, I would call it no frills.

While I wish Android by BlackBerry would allow me to root or install custom add-ons requiring root, I'm not complaining that much. Android is a step up from BB10 because it has all the applications I want to use, widgets and also time-saving features. I heavily use Google Now and I also like getting notifications from all my apps without the app developer having to integrate it into the HUB (which pretty much needs to happen on BB10).

Don't get me wrong, I love BB10 features like file manager, timeshift, changing music tracks using volume rockers etc. But Android by BlackBerry is just a better execution of a mobile operating system. It's more advanced and developed. It shows too.
    Ever try connecting a Samsung device to Samsung TV? It's a fail. The BlackBerry "no frills " as you say is just wow !

Posted via CB10
    04-15-16 08:39 AM
    I would love to see bb release a high end (slab) android device. These half arss attempts are not impressive.
    Ever used a Z30?

Posted via CB10
    bh7171 likes this.
    04-15-16 08:41 AM
    I think it is fair to say BlackBerry has no delusions about attempting re-take the consumer market with the two new Android devices being planned. As Chen himself has already stated, the focus is corporate buyers. Probably as a lower cost, perhaps 'entry level' secure solution to compete with Knox, etc. and as an upgrade path from BB10 that will inevitably be required as it is slowly phased out. So yes, as sad as it is to say this, and barring a miracle, these phones will most likely be dead in the water from a consumer perspective and are likely to be trashed accordingly by the consumer market (if they are released as such). BlackBerry should consider private, bulk sales direct to their Clients, and through their website, and not even make these phones available to carriers at all. It is highly doubtful there are many Android fans out there willing to trade the highest specs at said price point for a handful of esoteric (at least to the average consumer) security features. Do the same for what is left of BB10, and they have a framework for a low cost, low scale implementation of a device business that is focused on end to end security and cuts out the high overhead of marketing, distributing, and promoting to a largely unappreciative consumer market.

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and bh7171 like this.
    04-15-16 08:52 AM
    If only that was true. Not even the high end droids work as fast or efficiently as BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    Maybe if there were a modern BB10 device to make a comparison with, that might be true.

But for the vast majority of BB10 users, which last year was by far still Z10 owners.... there is really no comparison between and S7 or a G5 and a Z10 when using the browser or apps. Even most users that went from a Passport to a PRIV have noticed an improvement in performance. And sadly Android hardware will only get faster and more powerful, while BB10 hardware goes EOL.

Now efficiency of the HUB or gestures, that I'll give you to a degree. With a little more time I think I'll be able to navigate Android just as well as BB10. Maybe faster with the Widgets and shortcuts that can be created, and if I'd stop trying to swipe. And I do have the PRIV's Hub which is "close" to the original.

I will admit that if BB10 had a future and had an ecosystem, and if there was an all touch flagship at a competitive price. I would not have taught twice about it when my Z10 had to be replaced.
    roleli likes this.
    04-15-16 09:20 AM
    Interesting comment, seeing how the Priv made BlackBerry a ton of cash. Oh wait? BlackBerry wouldn't be running out of money, they would have been selling enough BB10 phones to help keep revenue up. All it takes is the one smart phone BBRY customers asked for and a bit of Marketing. Instead John Chen does it backwards. Name one device John Chen came out with that sold well? Priv? no, Leap? no, Classic? no, Passport? no. Yet he continues his failed strategy with 2 more Android phones LOLOL
    Can you name a more profitable phone that was put out by the three CEOs before him since 2010?
    web99 likes this.
    04-15-16 09:22 AM
    The android people simply took over here now that it is acceptable to talk about droid over BB10. Most of the BB10 guys no longer post or go elsewhere. They complain about BB10 guys bashing the priv in the Priv forum but there are many more android guys bashing BB10 in the BB10 forums.
    I like to come here still for the drama, not much real news or information comes from these forums anymore.

Anyway back on topic:
    A BB10 autoloader for future devices would be GREAT. Even if it has no further development other than drivers to support new hardware.
    A lot of the BB10 guys stopped commenting because they're busy with their Droids or iPhones
    johnny_bravo72 and idhbar like this.
    04-15-16 09:29 AM
    A lot of the BB10 guys stopped commenting because they're busy with their Droids or iPhones
    Not too loud, or else you'll feel the wrath of the BB10 diehards (all 0.2% of them).

*ME173X
    04-15-16 10:23 AM
    Ever used a Z30?

Posted via CB10
    Nope. Gave up on bb10 after the z10, q10...the lack of ecosystem prevented from buying the z30.
    04-15-16 02:19 PM
    Not too loud, or else you'll feel the wrath of the BB10 diehards (all 0.2% of them).

*ME173X
    Sorry to correct you... the .2% is representative of the whole BlackBerry userbase, which is still primarily BBOS devices. If you are worried about just BB10 users I think that was more like .02%. But that includes many that aren't die hards as they are now carrying PRIV... so maybe it's more in the range of .0015%?

Of course it only takes 1.....
    JeepBB and johnny_bravo72 like this.
    04-15-16 02:35 PM
    Sorry to correct you... the .2% is representative of the whole BlackBerry userbase, which is still primarily BBOS devices. If you are worried about just BB10 users I think that was more like .02%. But that includes many that aren't die hards as they are now carrying PRIV... so maybe it's more in the range of .0015%?

Of course it only takes 1.....
    Yeah I realized that too, but correcting myself in this situation would be like ground-and-pounding a knocked out MMA fighter. Thanks for pointing that out, though.

*A3-A20
    04-15-16 11:36 PM
    I will admit that if BB10 had a future and had an ecosystem, and if there was an all touch flagship at a competitive price. I would not have taught twice about it when my Z10 had to be replaced.
    So many persons will agree with you on this.
    04-16-16 07:03 PM
    You've obviously had more beers than me tonight.
    Yes, but he is sober, he is a better drinker and you are not. He is right.
    Priv is selling less than Bb10 devices even now.
    It does not matter if BB10 would have been a success had Chen supported it from day one and not focused on Android from pretty much day one. That is a conjecture.
    What is fact is that Priv was less of a success than Bb10 and therefore going android is not going to work either.
    04-16-16 09:21 PM
    Maybe if there were a modern BB10 device to make a comparison with, that might be true.

But for the vast majority of BB10 users, which last year was by far still Z10 owners.... there is really no comparison between and S7 or a G5 and a Z10 when using the browser or apps. Even most users that went from a Passport to a PRIV have noticed an improvement in performance. And sadly Android hardware will only get faster and more powerful, while BB10 hardware goes EOL.

It is unlikely that hardware will get faster because Moore's law is pretty much dead. 14nm FinFET technology is already not faster than 22nm bulk CMOS.
    04-16-16 09:25 PM
    Too little and too late!

Where you get a 400$ iPhone with 6s internals and where Samsung will follow.

Who will be interested in a mid-range BlackBerry at this price range?

Maybe the will put in the same chipset known from the Z10, Classic and Leap in there?

BlackBerry is killing it's hardware department like Apple would control it.

Man, they have a monster platform with OS10 and don't know how to use it.

They should drop Priv's price to 400 bucks, that would bring more success!
    Posted via CB10
    What's killing the BlackBerry Priv sales is the ability for people to download the Priv software onto any non BlackBerry phone. Why buy the Priv when you can have it with the phone you already have? I think it's worth. I own the BlackBerry Priv and love it, won't ever have anything else.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my BlackBerry Priv �
    04-16-16 09:30 PM
347 ... 89101112 ...