I have to say in the short time I've had an Android phone.... OS is much more problem free than BB10 was even before I left. No lag, no stutter, no slow down. And too be honest, it's been years since I've heard people with Android complaining about those type of issues. It's kinda like the joke about iPhone users and battery life... .doesn't apply with newer hardware and newer software.

I've even allowed a number of background apps and widgets to run, something I avoided with my Z10 due to the issue of too small of a battery. Some of this really make the device more functional.... going totally hands free is great while drving.

Now I have had a few issues over the last week... as I've installed the PRIV apps on my phone. The contacts app still crashes even with all the permissions granted. Never had that problem with the native contact app. But then that apps wasn't made for my phone...
    Head on over to Android Central and read up. Reviews on the Nexus 5x prior to a more recent release had users up in arms over how crappy it operated. Read up on Battery life of the S6, Camera lag on the 6p. Fragmented OS between devices and carriers. I have had my Samsung Tab Pro tablets since October of '14. Android is FAR from being a panacea that many that have converted phone wise make it out to be. I'll happily keep using my BlackBerry 10 devices through the next two OS updates.

Z10 on 10.3.2
    JulesDB likes this.
    04-13-16 12:36 AM
    I say more like the 8700 remember the Jogwheel?
    People will get a refreshed Z30...................... it'll just run Android.
    04-13-16 01:28 AM
    Head on over to Android Central and read up. Reviews on the Nexus 5x prior to a more recent release had users up in arms over how crappy it operated. Read up on Battery life of the S6, Camera lag on the 6p. Fragmented OS between devices and carriers. I have had my Samsung Tab Pro tablets since October of '14. Android is FAR from being a panacea that many that have converted phone wise make it out to be. I'll happily keep using my BlackBerry 10 devices through the next two OS updates.

Z10 on 10.3.2
    I updated my S6 to Marshmallow yesterday and today I am absolutely eating every bad word I've said about this phone. I've never used a phone so fast or smooth in my life. It's like a new iPhone but with the customization of Android. Can't wait til MM hits the Priv. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised when BB10 does die and you come to the green side.
    04-13-16 07:45 AM

Z10 on 10.3.2
    And yet they sell and sell and sell. Kinda makes you wonder if the complaints on forums are a true representation of the population as a whole.
    04-13-16 03:48 PM
    I updated my S6 to Marshmallow yesterday and today I am absolutely eating every bad word I've said about this phone. I've never used a phone so fast or smooth in my life. It's like a new iPhone but with the customization of Android. Can't wait til MM hits the Priv. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised when BB10 does die and you come to the green side.
    There's no doubt that Android is a very fluid and ever-changing environment. Some people call it fragmentation, but it can also be what Spurs development. Whatever it is, it's flourishing.
    04-13-16 03:51 PM
    And yet they sell and sell and sell. Kinda makes you wonder if the complaints on forums are a true representation of the population as a whole.
    Marketing does wonders. Most people, call, txt, message in some way, snap some photos and use some social media.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    04-13-16 08:05 PM
    Marketing does wonders. Most people, call, txt, message in some way, snap some photos and use some social media.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    The right product at the right time with the right marketing...
    JeepBB and MikeX74 like this.
    04-13-16 08:07 PM
    I want another BlackBerry 10 phone so bad. But I know I won't happe cuz if they announce one, it'll be suicide.
    04-13-16 10:04 PM
    I want another BlackBerry 10 phone so bad. But I know I won't happe cuz if they announce one, it'll be suicide.
    Get one of the great ones still for sale. Classic and Passport are excellent.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    04-13-16 10:20 PM

Z10 on 10.3.2
    I'd love to stick it out for another year at least with my z30 but as every day passes less and less android apps work, and now even native apps like FB and whatsapp are no longer being supported. As much as we like to look down on iOS and Android for numerous reasons they have the apps that are required to make these nice glass slabs usable.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 11:04 PM
    I read a similar review of the moto x play. Apparently a poor experience when it was running 5.1, but improved dramatically on 6.0. Will probably be my next phone. Decent specs and reasonably priced.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 11:06 PM
    S6 is really nice phone.

04-14-16 05:08 AM
    this may be a great news but if the renders of the Vienna were correct, I would still stick with my Classic for its PKB. An BB phone running Android with an always available PKB would be way too long. Really wish that the Classic or Passport could run Android though ))
    04-14-16 06:01 AM
    The right product at the right time with the right marketing...
    What a concept?
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-14-16 06:07 AM
    What a concept?
    True dat.

Though he could have expressed the same concept with one word - "Apple".
    04-14-16 07:39 AM
    I hope they let Passport run Android OS!
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    04-14-16 07:43 AM
    True dat.

Though he could have expressed the same concept with one word - "Apple".
    Pretty much!
    04-14-16 08:48 AM
    S6 is really nice phone.

Not for everyone. With no microSD slot and pack full of Samsung bloatware, I would never consider the S6. Not even waterproof like the model before it. Makes you wonder if they use sometimes use dice to decide what is and isn't included.
    04-14-16 12:10 PM
    Chen has abandoned the (Approx: 8 Million) mmillions of BB10 loyal users , and forcing them to choose crapdroid. Chen should resign!!!

Posted via CB10
    Chen obviously has shows he knows nothing about hardware. Each and every decision he makes with regards to hardware has been a failure. The Priv is a failure, going Android was a failure, and yet he announces 2 more Android phones which, once again will be failures.
    What people want and what the Millions of BB10 owners want is an upgrade path from the Z10/Z30 with the BB10 OS. We don't want to downgrade to a 2007 based OS called Android. Android is designed to irritate the user, plain and simple.
    04-14-16 02:42 PM

Z10 on 10.3.2
    BB10 is the best mobile OS and best Platform ever created. Chen going Android is very wrong. Abandoning the best for such a useless Android platform is irresponsible on his part. It's amazing how "Android" device manufacturers got consumers to think about Hardware Specifications all while the actual OS is terrible both in design and navigation. The most fragmented operating system ever and consistently requires a battery pull and/or restart every week or so. Not to mention, MAJOR FRAGMENTED Android kills the device battery.

BlackBerry moving from Awesome (BB10) to Worthless (Android). This CEO is a Joke for leaving all the BB10 owners without a BB10 all touch option.
    bh7171 and nt300 like this.
    04-14-16 02:51 PM
    BB10 is the best mobile OS and best Platform ever created. Chen going Android is very wrong. Abandoning the best for such a useless Android platform is irresponsible on his part. It's amazing how "Android" device manufacturers got consumers to think about Hardware Specifications all while the actual OS is terrible both in design and navigation. The most fragmented operating system ever and consistently requires a battery pull and/or restart every week or so. Not to mention, MAJOR FRAGMENTED Android kills the device battery.

BlackBerry moving from Awesome (BB10) to Worthless (Android). This CEO is a Joke for leaving all the BB10 owners without a BB10 all touch option.
    BB10 is too costly to maintain and manufacture hence the move to Android.
    TgeekB and anon(9353145) like this.
    04-14-16 03:24 PM
    Chen obviously has shows he knows nothing about hardware. Each and every decision he makes with regards to hardware has been a failure. The Priv is a failure, going Android was a failure, and yet he announces 2 more Android phones which, once again will be failures.
    What people want and what the Millions of BB10 owners want is an upgrade path from the Z10/Z30 with the BB10 OS. We don't want to downgrade to a 2007 based OS called Android. Android is designed to irritate the user, plain and simple.
    They released the Leap after the Z30 (if you're talking all touch) and it was cheaper.
    04-14-16 03:48 PM
    this may be a great news but if the renders of the Vienna were correct, I would still stick with my Classic for its PKB. An BB phone running Android with an always available PKB would be way too long. Really wish that the Classic or Passport could run Android though ))
    I would expect the length to be comparable to the Leap or about one half inch longer than a Classic.
    04-14-16 07:04 PM
    BB10 is too costly to maintain and manufacture hence the move to Android.
    BB10 is not costly. Android is costly, especially how BlackBerry is trying to make it somewhat different over the other fragmented versions. BlackBerry is better off supporting its own OS and platform. Continue to feed the niche until people catch on to it.

BlackBerry Android has failed for good reason. Priv has failed, and soon to follow will be those 2 Android phones. I though Chen would have learned Quarters Ago. I was wrong. He's tanking this company into oblivion.

They released the Leap after the Z30 (if you're talking all touch) and it was cheaper.
    The Leap was a mistake, as you can see by the poor sales. Regardless of price, who would buy a device with such poor specs? Had the Leap come with Passport like Specs, that would have given many BB10 owners a solid upgrade path. But Chen seems quite confused as to why BlackBerry hardware is not selling well. Can somebody tell Chen he's the reason why they don't sell.
    nt300 likes this.
    04-14-16 07:49 PM
    BB10 is not costly. Android is costly, especially how BlackBerry is trying to make it somewhat different over the other fragmented versions. BlackBerry is better off supporting its own OS and platform. Continue to feed the niche until people catch on to it.
    Which is likelier to come first, the BB10 niche suddenly becoming profitable or Hell freezing over?
    04-14-16 07:54 PM
347 ... 678910 ...