The only thing that made sense would have been that BB had compiled Android for the rest of products in their stock. Easy, fast and clever. They would have had a full portfolio in 15 days. And BB10 users wouldn't have felt abandoned.
    And it's been stated many times their existing stock won't work, maybe except for the Leap.

EDIT: not even the Leap. That uses the old MSM8960 so they can't source LPDDR2 to build more.
    04-12-16 10:37 AM
    Kinda doubt it was a failure, I actually knew some people with one. Besides if it was that big of a failure there wouldn't be the iPhone SE.
    The iPhone 5C was only a failure by Apple's standards. It still sold well. We would be in much better spirits around here if any BB10 phone had sold what the 5C sold.
    Ernest Xiang likes this.
    04-12-16 11:01 AM
    The only thing that made sense would have been that BB had compiled Android for the rest of products in their stock. Easy, fast and clever. They would have had a full portfolio in 15 days. And BB10 users wouldn't have felt abandoned.
    It would make no difference for those of us who have no intentions on running android.
    04-12-16 11:18 AM
    Good move to save blackberry. I will keep on using Priv although I hardly use Pkb.
    04-12-16 11:38 AM
    it will be interesting to see whether these blackberry/android phones will gain traction. we're still in the early days of the priv but i expected an uptick in hardware sales from Q3 '16
    04-12-16 11:57 AM
    BB10 is done whether you want to believe it or not. Do you know how many people, over the last few years, have moved on to Android? More than you wish to know.

And just a word of advice, using words like crapdroid makes you sound like you're in grade school.
    I don't care too much, as my choice of words suits what I really think. Plus I am italian so I like to play with words as school days are gone forever.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 12:00 PM
    Just like failure of iPhone 5c.
    Good one. In the holiday quarter of 2013(Calendar Q4, Apple's fiscal Q1, 2014), Apple sold 51.025 million iPhones, with 12.8 million of them being 5C's. For some perspective, BlackBerry's entire smartphone portfolio totaled 4.5 million units sold, with 3.2 million of them being BB07 devices.

http://http://www.statista.com/stati...-quarter-2007/

http://http://seekingalpha.com/artic...ailure-baloney

http://http://money.cnn.com/2013/12/...erry-earnings/

Some failure.
    TgeekB likes this.
    04-12-16 12:28 PM
    I used both, and I totally agree. I admit Android will lose speed over time. You have to hard-reset every few month to keep it in shape. Still Blackberry 10.2 is one of the most solid operating systems I've ever seen. Considering it developed in a year or so, it's still much more stable than Android and even 10.3! Heins did a great job putting OS10 together. Chen was in rush and only thing he added to 10.3 was speed and more bugs! (Blank BBM video call while connected to VPN, HotSpot endless circle, Wi-Fi signal drop in Z30 STA100-2,...)

Thorsten Heins was the best CEO for "Hardware Division"... He rose like a gentleman, and fallen like a gentleman. I'm proud of him.
    Thank god somebody thinks the same thing I'm thinking.
    And it's not a spped problem in Samsung's devices or old versione of Android: my GF's phone is sometimes totally unresponsive to commands and freezes for seconds even if it's new.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 12:40 PM
    Kinda doubt it was a failure, I actually knew some people with one. Besides if it was that big of a failure there wouldn't be the iPhone SE.
    In India, price of iPhone SE is ₹39k, whereas iPhone 6s price is ₹45k. By spending $100 more people can get 6s. 5c was not successful to capture Indian smart phone market. I think same thing is going to happened this time.

04-12-16 01:03 PM
    Looks like more Passports were sold on the launch day of the Passport online than Priv's were sold so far through all carriers.
    At least yesterday's BerryFlow said so.

Even in this last quarter, when everybody knew BB10 was EOL, more BB10 phones were sold than Priv's. The ASP at 315 dollars was the same as in the previous quarter.
    That's interesting. I'd personally love if they took the current Passport hardware and threw Marshmallow on it and sold it for $300. I'm not holding my breath but I'd snag that so fast.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 01:13 PM
    Chen has abandoned the mmillions of BB10 loyal users , and forcing them to choose crapdroid. Chen should resign!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 01:16 PM
    No more BB10 phones. Very sad! Looks like I'm going back to Android. Wife just got the S7. Looks good and fits in my BB holster (slightly slimmer than my Z30). Will wait until the Fall to buy mine, unless T-Mo runs some sort of sale on them, then may jump sooner (Priv is overpriced & oversized; Z30 or the S7 are the perfect size). Will see when the BB android phones appear and what their specs are, but I expect middle of the road specs, so it will probably be an S7.
    04-12-16 04:18 PM
    What are they not seeing that you can?
    That no one is buying their phones. Only here ppl think that releasing new phones would matter. Funny that Chen said " enterprise is telling us to release cheaper phones" same as "enterprise is asking for the Classic". Total bs since the Classic was a flop and these 2 new devices will follow suit.
    04-12-16 05:06 PM
    Chen has abandoned the mmillions of BB10 loyal users , and forcing them to choose crapdroid. Chen should resign!!!
    If Chen were to resign, the next CEO of BlackBerry would probably ban any further mention of BB10. His or her only focus would be the one thing that is working, enterprise software. Be careful what you wish for.
    JeepBB and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    04-12-16 05:16 PM
    That no one is buying their phones. Only here ppl think that releasing new phones would matter. Funny that Chen said " enterprise is telling us to release cheaper phones" same as "enterprise is asking for the Classic". Total bs since the Classic was a flop and these 2 new devices will follow suit.
    If the classic was a flop, how come I bought it, and how come I see people in my area using many of them? Do you work at BlackBerry, or are you a stock holder?
    04-12-16 05:22 PM
    If the classic was a flop, how come I bought it, and how come I see people in my area using many of them? Do you work at BlackBerry, or are you a stock holder?
    Are you saying something can be considered a flop only if they sold exactly zero units?
    DrBoomBotz, TgeekB, JeepBB and 1 others like this.
    04-12-16 05:28 PM
    If Chen were to resign, the next CEO of BlackBerry would probably ban any further mention of BB10. His or her only focus would be the one thing that is working, enterprise software. Be careful what you wish for.
    I would actually love it! "Careful what you wish for!"

Man the sheer entertainment on these forums if that happened...

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    04-12-16 06:06 PM
    No point in people constantly saying John Chen should resign. Blackberry will swim or sink with John Chen. They will not fire him and he will stay on until his mission is complete. That is to make BB profitable again. That is what he was hired to do.
    Bay 13, JeepBB and Ernest Xiang like this.
    04-12-16 06:20 PM
    John Chen is what blackberry was John Sculley for Apple...
    There is no Steve Jobs waiting in the wings.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-12-16 06:37 PM
    Looks like more Passports were sold on the launch day of the Passport online than Priv's were sold so far through all carriers.
    At least yesterday's BerryFlow said so.

Even in this last quarter, when everybody knew BB10 was EOL, more BB10 phones were sold than Priv's. The ASP at 315 dollars was the same as in the previous quarter.
    Where does this data come from? Just curious.
    Bay 13 likes this.
    04-12-16 08:19 PM
    No point in people constantly saying John Chen should resign. Blackberry will swim or sink with John Chen. They will not fire him and he will stay on until his mission is complete. That is to make BB profitable again. That is what he was hired to do.
    I disagree. I think that the board of directors would not be out of line firing him now. Just because he had a "mission" does not mean he should be given forever to achieve it. The software business that he promised to replace the hardware business is floundering.
    04-12-16 08:31 PM
    I disagree. I think that the board of directors would not be out of line firing him now. Just because he had a "mission" does not mean he should be given forever to achieve it. The software business that he promised to replace the hardware business is floundering.
    How is it floundering?
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    04-12-16 08:36 PM
    Yes but I was hoping that the OP of that post (JulesDB) would answer. It amazes me how people can just repeat something without ever having used the device or OS, that's why I asked for specifics on why he would call it that.
    Blind hatred?

*C5303
    04-12-16 10:14 PM
    It sounded like the classic is getting hard to manufacturer, so I'm guessing the workhorse 400 processor inventory is getting low
    Well, it's not like they've been in production in the past year anyway, but, yes, if they tried to make more of them, the lack of S4 stocks would definitely be a problem. That chip is almost 4 years old - ancient by mobile tech standards.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-13-16 12:10 AM
    Chen has abandoned the mmillions DOZENS of BB10 loyal users , and forcing them to choose crapdroid. Chen should resign!!!
    There, fixed it for you.
    04-13-16 12:14 AM
347 ... 56789 ...