I've said this before and I'll say it again - run a droid with as few apps as a BB10 phone is running. It'll run faster and smoother than the BB10 phone. I disagree that they run slower, and found BB10 to be slow (especially the browser). But, if you're claiming it is, it's probably the 15 GB of apps on the Droid phone that BB10 doesn't have access to.
    No man, I never had many apps: I'm not interested into.

Don't try to make me look like a stupid who can't actually feel the differences between the two operating systems. I've had Android for YEARS.

Android lags, stutters and slows down with time, there's nothing you can do about it and everybody says the same. Aren't you convinced? Just press the "back" button and wait more than one second.

Anyway I stick with BlackBerry10. To ME it's better.

Posted via CB10
    silversmith75 likes this.
    04-11-16 02:57 PM
    No man, I never had many apps: I'm not interested into.

Don't try to make me look like a stupid who can't actually feel the differences between the two operating systems. I've had Android for YEARS.

Android lags, stutters and slows down with time, there's nothing you can do about it and everybody says the same. Aren't you convinced? Just press the "back" button and wait more than one second.

Anyway I stick with BlackBerry10. To ME it's better.

Posted via CB10
    No, everyone does not say the same thing.
    04-11-16 03:23 PM
    I wonder if eventually we could see the android/bb10 hybryd version of the OS running on existing BB10 devices like my Q10 (hoping) ! What do you think ?
    04-11-16 03:31 PM
    I don't think TgeekB is to blame for that.
    04-11-16 03:38 PM
    Right. Not everyone have really used both.

Anyway it seems that a lot of people here discovered Android. There is an incredible news: it has been around for quite some time now.

Where were you all this time?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 03:49 PM
    I have to say in the short time I've had an Android phone.... OS is much more problem free than BB10 was even before I left. No lag, no stutter, no slow down. And too be honest, it's been years since I've heard people with Android complaining about those type of issues. It's kinda like the joke about iPhone users and battery life... .doesn't apply with newer hardware and newer software.

I've even allowed a number of background apps and widgets to run, something I avoided with my Z10 due to the issue of too small of a battery. Some of this really make the device more functional.... going totally hands free is great while drving.

Now I have had a few issues over the last week... as I've installed the PRIV apps on my phone. The contacts app still crashes even with all the permissions granted. Never had that problem with the native contact app. But then that apps wasn't made for my phone...
    TgeekB and JeepBB like this.
    04-11-16 03:49 PM
    I have to say in the short time I've had an Android phone.... OS is much more problem free than BB10 was even before I left. No lag, no stutter, no slow down. And too be honest, it's been years since I've heard people with Android complaining about those type of issues. It's kinda like the joke about iPhone users and battery life... .doesn't apply with newer hardware and newer software.

Now I have had a few issues over the last week... as I've installed the PRIV apps on my phone. The contacts app still crashes even with all the permissions granted. Never had that problem with the native contact app. But then that apps wasn't made for my phone...

Ok but are processore the same? A comparison MUST be done after months of use and with same processor, same memory. Your Z10 can't be taken as a competitor to Priv...

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 03:55 PM
    I don't think TgeekB is to blame for that.
    You don't look more intelligent than me by writing this.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 03:56 PM

I've even allowed a number of background apps and widgets to run, something I avoided with my Z10 due to the issue of too small of a battery. Some of this really make the device more functional.... going totally hands free is great while drving.

I've played with Android since Gingerbread / Honeycomb days and it's come a long way. I noticed performance gains with KitKat (Project Butter) and battery life improvements with Lollipop (as well as finally making a nice clean UI, imho). Marshmallow is where I'd personally put it on a par / ahead of iOS on all fronts. BlackBerry should be able to pump out a mid-range device on Android with no lag issues given the state of the OS.

BB10 is also an easy to navigate UI and I love it as well, but unfortunately ...
    TgeekB, Ronindan and asublimeday like this.
    04-11-16 03:59 PM
    Ok but are processore the same? A comparison MUST be done after months of use and with same processor, same memory. Your Z10 can't be taken as a competitor to Priv...

Posted via CB10
    I have an older Samsung Galaxy Tab that I just recently rooted and threw on Cyanogenmod 13 (Marshmallow). I find the native OS is nice and fluid but there are some apps where I notice things will 'hang' a bit from time to time. Pretty sure it's app related, and perhaps they're 'phoning' home on loading. AND, the hardware is over 3 years old so that probably doesn't help.

So lag can and does happen on Android, but if you have a newer device I think you'd be surprised. There are also little tweaks you can do (like dialing down animations) that give you further performance gains.
    04-11-16 04:12 PM
    Right. Not everyone have really used both.

Anyway it seems that a lot of people here discovered Android. There is an incredible news: it has been around for quite some time now.

Where were you all this time?

Posted via CB10
    Many, many people on Crackberry have used both. Maybe more than haven't. You're entitled to your opinion but it won't change reality.
    04-11-16 04:23 PM
    People will get a refreshed Z30...................... it'll just run Android.
    At this point, the people will take what they can get, lol

I think it makes sense if you break it down just looking at price though:

The PRIV was $800

Selling two Android devices at the $400 range gets them at that same $800 level, just between 2 devices. Which is actually a better move because they'll be able to give a device to two demographics; those that want an all-touch slab and those that want their Bold/Classic PKB device.

EDIT: I would have preferred they released an $800 Bold/Classic successor but that's just me, lol
    Last edited by Plazmic Flame; 04-11-16 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Additional thought
    anon(9353145) and asublimeday like this.
    04-11-16 06:39 PM
    At this point, the people will take what they can get, lol

The PRIV was $800

Selling two Android devices at the $400 range gets them at that same $800 level, just between 2 devices. Which is actually a better move because they'll be able to give a device to two demographics; those that want an all-touch slab and those that want their Bold/Classic PKB device.
    Well said.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    04-11-16 06:43 PM
    I really, really, really hope these phones are powered by the Dual-Core 1.5GHz - Snapdragon S4 Plus and are priced closer to $600USD. Come BBRY, keep the streak alive!! You know you can do it!
    04-11-16 07:05 PM

The PRIV was $800

It's not nearly that simple, though. First, BB doesn't get $800 when a Priv is sold for $800. They get closer to $400, with the rest going to the distributer and the retailer.

Second, you have to consider the cost of the hardware. I can virtually guarantee you that two mid-grade phones cost a lot more in total hardware costs than one higher-end phone. And I can absolutely guarantee you that the distribution costs are much higher for 2 different phones than for one.

Third, we can be sure that the profit margin is going to be much lower on a mid-grade phone, so while BB might have made $200 in gross profit from a Priv sale, they'll probably only make $50 gross profit on these new phones, and even though they presumably will be selling 2 phones instead of 1, that is still $100 gross profit on 2 devices vs $200 on 1 device. IF, and it's a HUGE "if", BB can sell 5 times as many mid-grade phones, then maybe they're better off, but if not, then they're going to "enjoy" lower profits.
    04-11-16 07:45 PM
    Great! 2 more devices that no one will buy...BB is indeed ran by morons..how many flops it takes for them to open their eyes
    What are they not seeing that you can?
    04-11-16 08:30 PM
    If they come out with a model that's similar to the Classic, I'll get one.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music
    asublimeday and Plazmic Flame like this.
    04-11-16 09:14 PM
    Many, many people on Crackberry have used both. Maybe more than haven't. You're entitled to your opinion but it won't change reality.
    What's reality? Yours?

Why are a lot of people complaining here about going Android? Whimsical people? Or are they the people you are talking about?

The unsuccessful sellings of the Priv says it all, only few crackberrians were willing to change to Android.

Let's stop that and accept that not everyone wants crapdroid.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 10:34 PM
    Second, you have to consider the cost of the hardware. I can virtually guarantee you that two mid-grade phones cost a lot more in total hardware costs than one higher-end phone.
    Guess how much it really costs to make a smartphone

How much could a PRIV without the sliding mechanism and PKB have been sold for?
    04-11-16 11:29 PM
    You think it's a "English as a second language" thing, or is he just a *****? I ask seriously because I've many times heard secondary English speakers say things that really don't come out as intended. It happens all the time right here on CB in fact, since we have a worldwide user base.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    This exactly. The message aside, he is obviously speaking English as a 2nd language. Unless you have a gift for languages, it is difficult to capture the nuances of a 2nd language even after many years. People can be tech geniuses & skilled at math, yet language is not their strong suit. Oriental languages communicate very differently than English. They paint a picture to communicate. (The characters in Oriental languages are, in fact, pictures). It is very easy to carry over the communication style from your 1st language when speaking your 2nd language. English goes from point A to point B. This is one reason it is the language of commerce. We who are used to point A to point B can get lost in the labyrinth of pictures that seem to be confusing. But in a picture there are many aspects. I applied this to Chen and found it easier to understand the multiplicity of what he says. But a spokesperson for him who is knowledgeable, knows what he has in mind, and speaks articulate and idiomatic English with enthusiasm would be a real asset for him. This person could announce these new phones and put a spark in the communication and marketing.
    04-11-16 11:44 PM
    I'm not sure 2 BlackBerry Android phone for the middle class that will be "rewarded" a lot of people, look in the mirror on the BlackBerry 10 and the iPhone 5C.
    04-11-16 11:45 PM
    What's reality? Yours?

Why are a lot of people complaining here about going Android? Whimsical people? Or are they the people you are talking about?

The unsuccessful sellings of the Priv says it all, only few crackberrians were willing to change to Android.

Posted via CB10
    I think most of us here have accepted that not everyone wants android, the problem is many haven't accepted that BB10 is dead
    JeepBB, TgeekB, JulesDB and 3 others like this.
    04-12-16 12:48 AM
    What's reality? Yours?

Posted via CB10
    Did the Passport, Leap or Classic sell well?

I agree, I would never buy a Crapdroid phone but I have purchased an Android phone.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB and Ronindan like this.
    04-12-16 12:59 AM
    Give me a full touch screen with a business Berry stylus pen , huge battery, SD card slot, and then you can count me in.
    04-12-16 01:19 AM
    What's reality? Yours?

Posted via CB10
    Dude, if you're in a group peoples of marketing the product, they will be fanning you to buy best their products.
    04-12-16 04:43 AM
347 ... 34567 ...