I wonder what about new bb devise runing os10. Will see any devise...at least one?
    Doubt it.
    asublimeday likes this.
    04-10-16 07:22 AM
    There's less and less apologists these days. The one thing I really don't like about John Chen's style is his tendency to use 'I' instead of 'we' when talking about the company. If I can't make money on phones, I won't release phones, if I can make this I will, etc. Makes it sound like he's running a small variety store. Even if BlackBerry isn't the beast it once was, they should take more cues from Apple when it comes to trying to convey a bigger image. Apple was all about hype even going back to 77-78, when they were competing with Commodore and Radio Shack who were easily outselling them at the time.
    It's also terribly demotivating for the people working at a company. It makes it sound like everyone else who works there is a minion to the CEO.

The "I" thing went out of style decades ago. I'm surprised Chen still does it. It sounds ugly. In a period where BB needs all the great talent they can get, someone (head of HR maybe) should tell him to quit it.
    Uzi, JeepBB and terminatorx like this.
    04-10-16 07:45 AM
    Reality Check people, please!

Looks like BlackBerry is hearing things the way they want to hear them again.
    This

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-10-16 08:37 AM
    Oh, I do hope they give us another sh�tty camera that we know and love lol...

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    04-10-16 08:43 AM
    It's also terribly demotivating for the people working at a company. It makes it sound like everyone else who works there is a minion to the CEO.

The "I" thing went out of style decades ago. I'm surprised Chen still does it. It sounds ugly. In a period where BB needs all the great talent they can get, someone (head of HR maybe) should tell him to quit it.
    You think it's a "English as a second language" thing, or is he just a *****? I ask seriously because I've many times heard secondary English speakers say things that really don't come out as intended. It happens all the time right here on CB in fact, since we have a worldwide user base.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    04-10-16 08:52 AM
    BlackBerry SE :3
    04-10-16 10:43 AM
    they should have improved the os10 and its capability to run apps smoothly or improve # of apps natively. Thi is why devs drops support for os10. he killed os10
    04-10-16 10:45 AM
    they should have improved the os10 and its capability to run apps smoothly or improve # of apps natively. Thi is why devs drops support for os10. he killed os10
    You're putting the carriage in front of the horse.
    04-10-16 11:06 AM
    You think it's a "English as a second language" thing, or is he just a *****? I ask seriously because I've many times heard secondary English speakers say things that really don't come out as intended. It happens all the time right here on CB in fact, since we have a worldwide user base.
    But he lives in SV. He must have seen Musk speak. Or Hastings. None of these guys talk like that. Chen very rarely talks about his team who are working under very tough competitive conditions. Talent trumps all other things in the tech business, so I think he should be super sensitive to this. Talent is the best lever that an underdog has.

Anyway, I would hope there are other highly compensated executives who are native English speakers who could pull Chen aside and give him some coaching on this point.
    04-10-16 11:41 AM

I think it might be an ego thing.

Nobody who gets to that position is likely to be the shy, retiring type... and I reckon he genuinely does speak as he thinks... In his head, John Chen is BlackBerry... and he probably does think the use of "I" is appropriate.

But, I agree, it sounds bad and implicitly devalues everyone else in BB.
    04-10-16 11:48 AM
    I wonder what about new bb devise runing os10. Will see any devise...at least one?
    I wouldn't put my money on that... sadly.
    04-10-16 02:48 PM
    Great! 2 more devices that no one will buy...BB is indeed ran by morons..how many flops it takes for them to open their eyes
    04-10-16 04:44 PM
    BlackBerry needs high end phones that's in par with Apple and Samsung if they wanna compete. Mid tier phones aren't gonna sell, especially the Rome that's supposed to be high end but less than Priv which is already less than Galaxy S7 and S6..

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 12:58 AM
    I'm glad blackberry is still committed.
    04-11-16 01:33 AM
    I'm curious. What is it about Android that makes you want to label it "crapdroid"? Have you used it?
    I've had three droid smartphone, 2 galaxys and HTC One.

BlackBerry10 is way better, period. I am not saying the apps, but the operating system itself just works faster and flawlessly.

Posted via CB10
    Condoleeza likes this.
    04-11-16 02:38 AM
    I've had three droid smartphone, 2 galaxys and HTC One.

BlackBerry10 is way better, period. I am not saying the apps, but the operating system itself just works faster and flawlessly.

Posted via CB10
    I've said this before and I'll say it again - run a droid with as few apps as a BB10 phone is running. It'll run faster and smoother than the BB10 phone. I disagree that they run slower, and found BB10 to be slow (especially the browser). But, if you're claiming it is, it's probably the 15 GB of apps on the Droid phone that BB10 doesn't have access to.
    04-11-16 08:09 AM
    In what world does Chen think that $400 is a "midrange" android phone?

Or a midrange anything for that matter?

Cheap android phones are < $150.

Midrange android phones are $150-$300.
    I disagree.. garbage Android phones are < $150, Midrange (Nexus 5X) are $400, and high-end are $800.
    04-11-16 10:12 AM
    Mid tier is Not what I would like to see I think the Vienna type should be high end specs or go home .
    I completely agree. I'd gladly pay Galaxy/iPhone prices for a premium build, high-spec droid with a Classic keyboard.
    04-11-16 10:13 AM
    I'm curious. What is it about Android that makes you want to label it "crapdroid"? Have you used it?
    I'll save you the wait for his stereotypical response:

Most of the "crapdroid" haters had a Samsung or some other bloatware-laden phone two years ago and think that's what all Android phones are. They played with a Priv in a store and scoffed at how different it was than BB10, then they came home and posted on every message board they could about how much Android sucks.
    valer466, MikeX74 and Polt like this.
    04-11-16 10:18 AM
    This seems to support BBCzech's leak of two medium-to-high-range Android devices, both scheduled for release in 2016, that they claimed to have knowledge of: Blackberry Rome, a higher-end device (but less so than the Priv) with a physical keyboard, and Blackberry Hamburg, a cheaper handset without a physical keyboard. Where this leaves the Blackberry Vienna I don't know, but there has been speculation that Rome refers to the device that we previously knew as Vienna.
    The article you're referencing actually stated that the PKB device would be the one with the higher-end build, as it should be.
    04-11-16 11:57 AM
    Lazaridis wanted to kill OS10 way before Chen did.
    04-11-16 11:59 AM
    I completely agree. I'd gladly pay Galaxy/iPhone prices for a premium build, high-spec droid with a Classic keyboard.
    Me too. Good looking, high specs pkb-phone...take my money already! But I know I am a niche (of a niche) customer in these respects ;-)

Posted via CB10
    asublimeday likes this.
    04-11-16 12:52 PM
    If the Passport dropped to 300$, I'd buy one immediately. If BB would have sold a white classic in the US--again, would have bought one immediately. No understanding of what they're doing, but no marketing (really) and not making the price of the phone competitive, it's not working to woo shoppers at all.
    04-11-16 02:15 PM
    new means atleast 18 months old in blackberry speak
    04-11-16 02:20 PM
    sounds like a winner in........in 2013
    04-11-16 02:23 PM
347 ... 23456 ...