Yes but I was hoping that the OP of that post (JulesDB) would answer. It amazes me how people can just repeat something without ever having used the device or OS, that's why I asked for specifics on why he would call it that.
    I agree with you. It's an easy phrase to throw out there without any facts to back it up. Thus my schoolyard comment.
    04-09-16 11:35 AM
    Yes but I was hoping that the OP of that post (JulesDB) would answer. It amazes me how people can just repeat something without ever having used the device or OS, that's why I asked for specifics on why he would call it that.
    04-09-16 12:26 PM
    I guess you could say that 6 years ago when that poster actually came out...

It should probably show a corpse holding a Blackberry now for every option on that poster for a Blackberry user and how iPhone and Android users see them.
    04-09-16 12:33 PM
    People will get a refreshed Z30...................... it'll just run Android.
    Will it be called Z30s?
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    04-09-16 12:39 PM
    Preposterous! Only "sheep" would blindly follow the thought process of others without any consideration!

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-09-16 01:30 PM
    If Blackberry decide to sell to us $300 worth components for price of $400 then this could be a decent device. If they sell to us $200 worth components for $400 that will be disaster because other manufacturers are having lower margins and they will beat Blackberry on specs.
    04-09-16 02:52 PM
    Priv itself is a disaster. What could we expect from ?
    04-09-16 03:28 PM
    I think their only realistic play with mid-range Android is to beef up the security and software offerings. Continue to refine the Hub, make DTEK actionable with Marshmallow (and more convenient than stock Android to change permissions selectively), maybe borrow some ideas from Blackphone and beef up encryption (without needing BES12) ...

I'm not a fan of the Vienna personally (though I like touch capacitive PKB), maybe they can pump that out as the second device in that price range as well so people can choose slab vs pkb. And maybe combined with older BB10 stock (Passport, Leap, Classic), Chen can hit his targets?

Ain't going to be easy though..

EDIT: They could also put a bit of dough into advertising, especially about the touch capactive pkb / shortcuts in action if they want to stay in that area. But pretty sure that's not going to happen.
    04-09-16 03:44 PM
    too little, too late for me. i got a samsung s3 from a friend for $20. and i absolutely LOVE it!

no idea why everyone here keeps crapping on android. it has a hub-like feature(which was a must-have for me) with its dropdown menu. the OS does take time to get use to, but i love learning new things. i thought i was gonna have trouble typing on a virtual keyboard(considering i'm physically disabled), but that hasn't been the case.

no more apks and no more sideloading. a refreshing change!
    04-09-16 03:48 PM
    too little, too late for me. i got a samsung s3 from a friend for $20. and i absolutely LOVE it!

no idea why everyone here keeps crapping on android. it has a hub-like feature(which was a must-have for me) with its dropdown menu. the OS does take time to get use to, but i love learning new things. i thought i was gonna have trouble typing on a virtual keyboard(considering i'm physically disabled), but that hasn't been the case.

no more apks and no more sideloading. a refreshing change!
    You never know what you may discover if you're open-minded and like to learn!
    Enjoy your S3.
    Sal1982 and MikeX74 like this.
    04-09-16 03:52 PM
    You never know what you may discover if you're open-minded and like to learn!
    Enjoy your S3.
    oh i am! thanks!
    04-09-16 03:56 PM
    For me, I've preferred blackberry because of the pkb first and foremost, I've always enjoyed the tactile feed back and accuracy of it over glass slabs, between Blackberries going back to about 07/08 I had one android (Sony experia x10 mini) and an iphone 4 and whilst I never had an issue with either os it was the typing on glass that I've always hated.
    If one of these two new devices is pkb and not as large as priv I will happily migrate to android even though I love my passport and bb10 I'm not married to the os I'm married to the pkb, that's why I've invariably had blackberry phones and I hope I will still be able to buy one when my passport contract expires even if I choose not to do so I'd like blackberry to be there.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 04:10 PM
    We for example deploy roughly 25% high end devices to upper management and everyone else gets mid range devices.

Do the top-dog suits get fancy phones because they need them or is it to emphasize their superior social status?
    04-09-16 04:13 PM
    Having used VKB and PKB both extensively, I simply cannot understand how anyone can say the VKB is as good as or better than PKB. You obviously don't use your device primarily for messaging.
    gugomat and asublimeday like this.
    04-09-16 04:14 PM
    Do the top-dog suits get fancy phones because they need them or is it to emphasize their superior social status?
    It's corporate caste culture, it's an entitlement / perk thingy. Like the key to the executive washroom.
    04-09-16 04:15 PM
    Or the five series while middle management get three's.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 04:17 PM
    PS: what's with all your negativity and trash talk about BlackBerry lately?
    While I'd argue that nothing I've said lately was either overly negative or trash talk, I'm not here to make them look rosy all the time either. They've been missed on already confirmed release dates, they've pushed back on others and John Chen's messages to his users are widely skewed and often times make very little sense. If you listened to the last BerryFlow podcast, I got rather defensive over some things BlackBerry related but there's also some things that just seem way out of whack within BlackBerry.

Also, if I seem negative, it's because I don't dance around reality - never really have and I've taken plenty of heat for it before but that's not going to change. My directness is often considered 'rude', negative' or whatever else you want to call it.. And I might as well mention, what you quoted with the question of me being negative was clearly just a joke.
    04-09-16 08:03 PM
    Well said, Bla1ze. The BlackBerry apologists on here that defend every single awful mistake that BlackBerry makes can really get annoying. There's just no defending some of their actions. Someone has to tell it like it is.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 08:31 PM
    There's nothing wrong with honesty.
    app_Developer likes this.
    04-09-16 08:40 PM
    While I'd argue that nothing I've said lately was either overly negative or trash talk, I'm not here to make them look rosy all the time either. They've been missed on already confirmed release dates, they've pushed back on others and John Chen's messages to his users are widely skewed and often times make very little sense. If you listened to the last BerryFlow podcast, I got rather defensive over some things BlackBerry related but there's also some things that just seem way out of whack within BlackBerry.

Also, if I seem negative, it's because I don't dance around reality - never really have and I've taken plenty of heat for it before but that's not going to change. My directness is often considered 'rude', negative' or whatever else you want to call it.. And I might as well mention, what you quoted with the question of me being negative was clearly just a joke.
    Can you tell how Chen plans on launching two devices by the end of the year, yet will make a decision about hardware by September?

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    04-09-16 09:22 PM
    Well said, Bla1ze. The BlackBerry apologists on here that defend every single awful mistake that BlackBerry makes can really get annoying. There's just no defending some of their actions. Someone has to tell it like it is.

Posted via CB10
    There's less and less apologists these days. The one thing I really don't like about John Chen's style is his tendency to use 'I' instead of 'we' when talking about the company. If I can't make money on phones, I won't release phones, if I can make this I will, etc. Makes it sound like he's running a small variety store. Even if BlackBerry isn't the beast it once was, they should take more cues from Apple when it comes to trying to convey a bigger image. Apple was all about hype even going back to 77-78, when they were competing with Commodore and Radio Shack who were easily outselling them at the time.
    04-09-16 09:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't think I'm an apologist, in fact I have zero ****s to give if the hardware division survives. The only reason I'm even looking at them is because of the hardware keyboard, they are the only one left building one. In fact I should be angry at them for screwing the PKB's chance, and wasting my time and money with that BB10 Classic.
    04-09-16 10:22 PM
    I wonder what about new bb devise runing os10. Will see any devise...at least one?
    ADGrant likes this.
    04-10-16 12:58 AM
    People will get a refreshed Z30...................... it'll just run Android.
    better late than never . Thanks .
    04-10-16 02:13 AM
    This seems to support BBCzech's leak of two medium-to-high-range Android devices, both scheduled for release in 2016, that they claimed to have knowledge of: Blackberry Rome, a higher-end device (but less so than the Priv) with a physical keyboard, and Blackberry Hamburg, a cheaper handset without a physical keyboard. Where this leaves the Blackberry Vienna I don't know, but there has been speculation that Rome refers to the device that we previously knew as Vienna.
    04-10-16 07:20 AM
347 12345 ...