Finally good sense prevails. It appears the devices will be priced around the US$400 mark.

“The fact that we came out with a high end phone [as our first Android device] was probably not as wise as it should have been," Mr Chen said during a visit to Abu Dhabi.

“A lot of enterprise customers have said to us, ‘I want to buy your phone but $700 is a little too steep for me. I’m more interested in a $400 device’."
    It might be a little too late but at least the acknowledgment and a correction. Now hopefully the promotion will come and it he will think consumer and not only enterprise.

As for BB10 Devices

Mr Chen said that while BlackBerry would continue to release updates for BB10, there were no plans to launch new devices running the operating system.
    A refreshed Z30 will remain the cry of many but there you have it, again.

Source:
    BlackBerry CEO Reveals TWO Mid-Range Android Handsets in 2016- switches focus back on mid-range smartphone market
    velkod, phuoc, web99 and 1 others like this.
    04-08-16 12:05 PM
    People will get a refreshed Z30...................... it'll just run Android.
    04-08-16 12:43 PM
    This....
    Do they still have some stock on old processors?

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 12:53 PM
    This....
    Do they still have some stock on old processors?

Posted via CB10
    I sure hope not. Hopefully the newer processors.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    kbz1960 and BB_PP like this.
    04-08-16 12:54 PM
    Too little and too late!

Where you get a 400$ iPhone with 6s internals and where Samsung will follow.

Who will be interested in a mid-range BlackBerry at this price range?

Maybe the will put in the same chipset known from the Z10, Classic and Leap in there?

BlackBerry is killing it's hardware department like Apple would control it.

Man, they have a monster platform with OS10 and don't know how to use it.

They should drop Priv's price to 400 bucks, that would bring more success!
    Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 12:59 PM
    I thought so. I'll stick with the Priv soon.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 01:00 PM
    Too little and too late!

Maybe the will put in the same chipset known from the Z10, Classic and Leap in there?

Posted via CB10
    Enterprises may be interested. Remember the Android phones Blackberry makes will contain a few extra security features (aside from the timely updates and the DTEK app).

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 01:13 PM
    With Chen... I'd take him at his word. They are just in the "planning" stage right now,
    04-08-16 01:35 PM
    Enterprises may be interested. Remember the Android phones Blackberry makes will contain a few extra security features (aside from the timely updates and the DTEK app).

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, but why should Enterprises go for Android, when there are devices like the Leap & Classic - which are WAY more secure & cheaper than 400 $?

Those AndroidBerries should at least offer better specs than the iPhone SE and/or the Samsung S7 mini. Otherwise reviewers wouldn't give them any chance from the beginning.

I'm not sure if that works. :/
    04-08-16 02:05 PM
    Coming soon. BlackBerry android with a snapdragon s4, 2gb ram and 8mp camera......only $400. But it has DTEK!!! And a cool BlackBerry logo.

Posted via CB10
    Slash82, peednus, andy957 and 4 others like this.
    04-08-16 02:45 PM
    That's some good news for the handset division at least. Hopefully the price reduction helps them sell a bit more.

Disappointed about BB10 but glad I moved on when I did now that Android is 100 confirmed as their only commitment.
    04-08-16 02:55 PM
    Coming soon. BlackBerry android with a snapdragon s4, 2gb ram and 8mp camera......only $400. But it has DTEK!!! And a cool BlackBerry logo.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, that was what came first to my mind.
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    04-08-16 03:04 PM

Those AndroidBerries should at least offer better specs than the iPhone SE and/or the Samsung S7 mini. Otherwise reviewers wouldn't give them any chance from the beginning.

But how is that even possible? Chen has said BB pays high component costs. Apple and Samsung certainly do not.

It's like asking a small Mom and Pop general store to match Walmart's pricing for the same goods. It's absolutely impossible to do that for long.

So I think you have to accept that a $400 BB phone will of course have lesser specs than a $400 Samsung phone. The hope, though, is that enterprises will say that's fine because in return they get better end to end security with the $400 BB phone. That's the play that BB is making here.

You're asking Chen to walk on water if he's going to beat Apple and Samsung on specs at the same price point producing only 3M phones a year.
    JeepBB, fanisk, DrBoomBotz and 9 others like this.
    04-08-16 03:10 PM
    Yeah, but why should Enterprises go for Android, when there are devices like the Leap & Classic - which are WAY more secure & cheaper than 400 $?

Enterprise not only want security but to to be able to run enterprise apps. There are many that have IOS/Android versions but not BB10.
    04-08-16 03:14 PM
    These devices should have launched at the same time as the PRIV.
    04-08-16 04:05 PM
    Too little and too late!

Posted via CB10
    I say drop the Priv to 499.00 on sale to get folks to come back to the brand. It would be cheaper then a V10 and be more competitive.
    Slash82, FenVV and ayngling like this.
    04-08-16 04:05 PM

Because their mission critical apps don't run on BB10. You know what my company did? They bought Galaxy phones and disabled the camera through EMM.

Or would you expect a multi billion dollar company to use Snap and Cobalt to get its critical apps to work?

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    Last edited by kvndoom; 04-08-16 at 04:29 PM.
    FabriciusFab likes this.
    04-08-16 04:18 PM
    The truth, the whole truth, and nothin' but the truth!

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    04-08-16 04:19 PM
    They're long sold out on the Z30, at most it'll be a Leap.

PS: what's with all your negativity and trash talk about BlackBerry lately?
    04-08-16 04:23 PM
    It's deja-vu, really.

Remember how the Q10 was delayed and not launched with the Z10, all when EVERYONE was waiting for the Q10 and not the Z20?
    ayngling likes this.
    04-08-16 04:25 PM
    I say drop the Priv to 499.00 on sale to get folks to come back to the brand. It would be cheaper then a V10 and be more competitive.
    Also: drop Passport's price to 300$ and it'll do better than crapdroid Priv.

Here in Italy it costs 440�, talking about prices!!!!

Posted via CB10
    bakron1 likes this.
    04-08-16 04:38 PM
    Yup and I can get one for my son. He has the Leap and loves it but the app situation might be a problem in High School since some of the classes use apps etc.

Posted via my Priv
    bakron1 likes this.
    04-08-16 04:54 PM
    Enterprises don't purchase high end devices for deployment. We for example deploy roughly 25% high end devices to upper management and everyone else gets mid range devices.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 04-08-16 at 06:38 PM.
    TgeekB likes this.
    04-08-16 05:57 PM
    The midprice market is not full enough

There are other Android stock rom devices like MOTO X and NEXUS 5X both around 300 EURO. Also LG, HTC and SONY (XA) will come out soon for around 300 dollar. Get out the word you will have two identical full touch devices with Android and BB10 not only to lose your customers but also to gain back some old Z10 and Z30 users.

I know two people wanted to go back ,my wife with here nexus 5X since last week and my brother . BlackBerry don't bet on on horse, because the Android Market is getting full with 300 EURO devices wtih 2 Ghz, 2GB Ram, 12/13MP camera and 5 inch screens.

It is a RISK like that boardgame RIKS where the attacker throw 3 dices and shows 1 - 1 - 2

I rather see my thoughts and marketing for a more than a midprice phone but still for a good price around 500 euro/dollar, package deal, identical full touch devices and extra sales to get a second phone in the BlackBerry Shop with discount like the Leap (kids or family member) for example.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/armchai...doubt-1069493/
    04-08-16 06:18 PM
    Reality Check people, please!

There is no way BlackBerry can suddenly pull off a cheap �nd high quality phone design in the $400 price range.
    As usual it will either be underspec'd compared to the devices they'll compete with, or the specs will be okay but the build will be sub-par (bad camera, plastic, screen). In the end -even if they do market these at $400- they will still feel overpriced.

Reality Check #2
    That quote is not Chen saying what he wants the price to be, he is quoting customers saying "boo Priv is too expensive please sell your devices for $400!"
    Nowhere does it say customers are asking for an 'entry level' device, they're just saying they want the best, for cheap.

Looks like BlackBerry is hearing things the way they want to hear them again. I wouldn't get too excited. If they really had an epiphany about their pricing strategy they would have done more with the Priv than a $30 discount.

BlackBerry 10, CB10 signed.
    JeepBB, andy957, aha and 3 others like this.
    04-08-16 06:32 PM
347 123 ...