Hi everyone, so i was rocking the 9900 for almost 1 year and 7 months and it was a dream phone, and these 4 past days i got sort of problems with the trackpad and lock button, tried to email my phone provider with no reply till now.

But do you know what the funny thing is? i used my sister's curve as she took a Galaxy s3 phone so i've been using it for a while, too hot but meh it was fine till now
    I had the same issue.. maybe even bigger then my 9900? how could that be possible?

i've used it for around 4 days or so, that's impossible to be a coincidence, i was just laying using it, was on whatsapp to be specific, and all the sudden i couldn't use the trackpad well and i'm like no please no, battery pulled and tada, i can't even use the keyboard!
    What kind of infection is this? i can't stand the fact its not a software issue as i just did the following:
    1-Uninstalled Blackberry Desktop Manager
    2-Cleaned the registry
    3-Deleted "Research in motion" file in the "Common files"
    4-Did a restart
    5-installed Blackberry Desktop manager
    6-Did a Security wipe to the 9900 (didn't work)
    7-Installed the hybrid i have (BL Anniversary) and shrunk everything i can
    8-Wiped my device with "Full Erase" (which was very destructive)
    9-Installed the hybrid over my device while there was no SIM card or memory card
    And that didn't work, problem still exist, and i'm going to explain it very specifically at every point i can, and will show the curve problems if i can and know that i have:

__________________________________________________ ___________________
    1-Back button is working properly
    2-Touch is working fine
    3-End call button works great too
    4-Call button works too
    5-Trackpad:
    a-when selecting an app, it goes right, up, left, and down till it gets stuck with the top apps as it can't get up
    b-Pushing it works great
    c-When selecting app section i can surf left and right, but can't surf up and down
    notification bar: it goes numb
    d-Top Banner: Goes numb, too
    e-banner shows: numb, but when its not selecting anything in the "Mobile network, wifi, etc.." page i can get down but till it select anything it goes numb
    f-Profiles and search: numb
    g-Menus: Working left, right, up and down very nicely
    h-Music player: Goes up and down very well, don't know about left and right
    i-Pop up menus: Goes numb
    j:Contacts: numb as well
    k:Options: goes numb, but when i get into any section in the options i can surf up and down
    l:Browser: Works fine..

6-Keyboard:Combos aren't working, ex: if i typed "f" and "h" really fast, i get "f" only, another ex: when i hit "alt" and "h", alt button works, but it types nothing (Suppose to be ":")
    7-Camera button: Works fine, Takes pictures fine, with flash too!
    8-SIM Card slot: Numb, yes numb, it doesn't even recognize having a SIM card at all
    9-Memeroy card slot: Same.. numb
    10-the "a" button while holding: Locks the phone
    11-Wi-Fi: Works fine, and receiving notifications too!
    12-Tried going on Safe Mode, didn't do anything
    __________________________________________________ __________________

That's for my bold, and now going to the curve:

__________________________________________________ __________________
    Hmmmm, that was interesting as i was trying to see if the camera works, noticed it was pushed inside the blackberry, got it out, everything works find magically but what was happening before is:
    1-Keyboard not working, waited for the device to dim pushed hard on the bb, and it worked, then when it dim again, nothing worked
    2-All the other buttons failed to work too except lock button
    3-trackpad is totally numb, just it sense when i touch it as the button glows
    Now after i restarted the phone, looks like the problems are the same as in the 9900, however the lock button works great, and notice every time i adjust the camera button everything goes good as the SIM card works as well as the memory card.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________

So yea kind of confusing but i would really need help on it, i thanked god i had the curve and now i'm thanking god cause i can just adjust this camera button to still do my jobs like i can't live without a smartphone, not willing to buy a new one though.. So could anyone please provide me with some good information why all that happened?
    How can i fix it too? Thanks!

and sorry for making anyone annoyed really, i've made this topic for anyone facing the same issue as i've surfed everywhere but i just found one only facing something like i have, would be great to make this topic detailed and i don't think its related to OS7 but more of legacy phone, hoping that someone could save me and save anyone else that would have familiar problem in past present or future
    08-30-13 09:00 PM
    Would you consider running a straight official OS?
    08-31-13 03:04 AM
    Try loading an official os but I think its more a hardware problem

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 4
    08-31-13 03:09 AM
    I've had this problem before it was on Anniversary hybrid, but downloaded it in hope to fix it
    and i went to an expert guy, i think that it has something to do with the side of the phone, that maybe the orders aren't accurate or something, will take it after 2 hours and see
    08-31-13 10:54 AM
    Buddy of mine experienced same wonky phone ; noticed a button felt different ; googled how to take it apart and clean it up.
    He said it works great again and said it was easy to disassemble

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 08:06 PM