Just had two conversations here in the UK, Romford, one with CPW, then next door to EE and in both cases I received a warmer than expected response..

1) Carphone Warehouse

I asked straight out whether they would be carrying the Passport, he looked at me like I had switched languages mid sentence but after I explained it was a BlackBerry phone launching in a week he recognised what I was talking about (a first) but he had been introduced to it by BlackBerry as BlackBerry 'X' but now I had called it the Passport he could see how that made sense (dimensions), what surprised me about this is having seen the device, he didn't go straight to negative but rather he was curious about it, whilst acknowledging that it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, he didn't however know exactly when it would be available, just 'within a month'

2) EE

They have terminated their relationship with BlackBerry, and no longer sell even currently available devices so they weren't aware of the Passport at all, but again when I mentioned BlackBerry it wasn't 'oh dear Gaddd why would you want a BlackBerry' however one issue here again was misinformation;

one thought that BlackBerry was now trading under RIM, which I had to explain that it was the other way round, even though he insisted it was RIM in US stock, but he did go on to say that he believed what throttled BlackBerry was it's ginormous size and that every time a decision needed to be made it had to go through 27362 people, and whilst EE have terminated their relationship, if things change (i.e. BlackBerry starts consistently selling more devices) that could be reversed

Another thought that BlackBerry had shut down all operations in UK and was now only operating in the US (lol) obviously oblivious to the fact that just next door (right at the back of the store) is a BlackBerry stand with Z30 Q10 and Q10 displayed

All in all, maybe it was the time of day, but comparing this to my past experiences at both stores I would say that the mood on BlackBerry is shifting, a gross exaggeration based on limited results but still, anyone else had a similar experience?

Posted via CB10
    SunshineStateFlyer likes this.
    09-17-14 07:07 AM
    wow. that's seriously depressing!
    09-17-14 08:25 AM
    wow. that's seriously depressing!
    Lol are you referring to anything in particular?

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 08:29 AM
    09-17-14 08:48 AM
    Why are people still suprised by this? If you expected to find top quality employees selling for phones for minimum wage you would be sadly mistaken.
    09-17-14 09:14 AM
    Why are people still suprised by this? If you expected to find top quality employees selling for phones for minimum wage you would be sadly mistaken.
    Personally that's not what i was focusing on, more of the fact that the response isn't as negative as some have experienced before (including myself)

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 09:31 AM
    Yes. It is interesting.

Everyone I've loaned a z30 to orders one. Most want an iphone or android to move away from a bb os 7 device. Z30 sucks them in quick.

I manage the mobile phones for our company.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-17-14 10:37 AM
    I had a decent experience in Kingston at Rogers when I had to bring my Z10 in for repairs. It was even better when I showed him some of his favourite android apps running on my phone though. In Midland, Brampton and Orangeville I experienced lots of negativity. I told one rep that I was switching to bell and would state that specific stores customer service as the reason lol. I never did obviously because I would have to switch to bell

Posted via CB10
    tinochiko likes this.
    09-17-14 11:26 AM