Having had a bb (blueberry, blackberry, 8700, 8310) for a while, one thing bugs me that I cannot seem to solve.

If I bring up the calendar, I can switch to it using the app switcher.

If I "close" and go back to the desktop it doesn't stay in the switcher - email, browser, phone log and messenger do.

What can I do to make calendar stay in memory?

Second question - is there a way to make an appointment from an email? In Outlook, I do this by simply dragging the email in question to my calendar.
    09-29-09 06:00 PM
    The calendar app is always in memory, but it's not one of the apps that permanently stays on the App Switcher and I don't know any way to force it to stay. To make an appoinmtment from an email, copy the text and paste it into the calendar notes, then copy the subject to the meeting line. It's a manual copy and paste, no automation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 06:10 PM
    Having had a bb (blueberry, blackberry, 8700, 8310) for a while, one thing bugs me that I cannot seem to solve.

If I bring up the calendar, I can switch to it using the app switcher.

If I "close" and go back to the desktop it doesn't stay in the switcher - email, browser, phone log and messenger do.

What can I do to make calendar stay in memory?
    Don't close it.
    Just hit end to go back to desktop. Keeps it open, and it stays in the task switcher.

Second question - is there a way to make an appointment from an email? In Outlook, I do this by simply dragging the email in question to my calendar.
    I'm 99% sure there's an app or two for that... I'll check...

*Update*
    BB Smart email viewer can do it, but it's not the apps I was thinking of...

*Update 2*
    Found them!
    Empower is a paid app that integrates all the PIM apps.
    ontocalendar is free, but less robust. I think I used it briefly when I first got my Berry... I didn't use much, but I was still learning the ins and outs of my Curve.
    Last edited by smnc; 09-29-09 at 07:48 PM.
    09-29-09 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD