Just doing some research for my manager. We have more and more blackberry users, and they all love to jump on bandwagons. The problem is we are a non-profit and we have to handle our cellphone billing differently than a normal company. Because of that, anything that uses SMS or MMS isn't going to work for us. Is there an app that operates within the data service that interfaces with twitter?
    03-30-09 01:29 PM
    Yes there is! Check out TwitterBerry: Orangatame Software
    03-30-09 01:35 PM
    Try Twitterberry. It's easy to use for all blackberry users so you shouldn't have any confusion.

It sends and receives tweets over the data, no SMS needed. You don't even need to have the phone registered with Twitter. And of course, Twitterberry is free. You can also set up alerts so you can be alerted of new tweets or @replies right away.
    03-30-09 01:36 PM
    I use TwitterBerry... Tiny Twitter is also an option.
    03-30-09 02:07 PM
    03-30-09 02:15 PM
    +1 for TwitterBerry. Killer app for Twitter.
    03-30-09 02:32 PM
    Hmm, this goes against everything I've read. Even the Verizon rep I contacted said the Twitterberry uses SMS and counts as a text message. I'll investigate more.
    03-30-09 02:35 PM
    Hmm, this goes against everything I've read. Even the Verizon rep I contacted said the Twitterberry uses SMS and counts as a text message. I'll investigate more.
    When you sign up via pc and don't give your phone number there's no way it can be used via text. Think that's right. Have been wrong alot today though.
    03-30-09 02:40 PM
    That VZ rep you spoke to is incorrect. None of the aforementioned apps (and my personal fave, SocialScope) use SMS to access Twitter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 02:57 PM
    Thanks everyone! You guys are correct. TinyTwitter and Twitterberry both make it clear they use the data stream. I just loaded TinyTwitter and my manager is using Twitterberry. Gotta love the internet and message boards.
    03-30-09 02:59 PM
    SocialScope is still the best Twitter Client IMO, if you can get an invite.
    03-30-09 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD