It seems like Twitter, FB and other high level applications are taking turns irritating users with intermittent issues lately. But this one is with the mobile web and not an application but is only happening on a mobile device. I am using a 2 month old VZW BB10 Z30 with the latest native OS but this post is not intended to be z30-specific. I want to know if it is happening on other BB devices, only on the BB network or cross-carrier devices. I did the usual steps like clearing the cache, cookies and history as well as a restart but the issue still exists.

Could someone please go to http://m.twitter.com/cnn or whatever site you want & see if the behavior described below happens on your phone too? Thanks

I don't use Twitter personally but I do follow a few news sites' Tw feeds via Tw's mobile web interface on my phone.

Usually and without having to log-in, I can just scroll down through tons of posts and tap on buttons that say 'view image' or tap on a post to view its conversation. But as of today, it just stops after about 15-20 posts without revealing any further posts as it normally did and there's no response when I tap on posts or a 'view image' button. However, I can tap on a post's link(s) and the link(s) will open. I opened the Tw mobile site on a PC & it worked fine like it did on my phone earlier. Is anybody else experiencing this? Hopefully, this not a persistent browser issue due to no updates in months and it will be resolved soon. Thanks
    Last edited by BlackBerryMagnet; 03-23-16 at 03:33 PM.
    03-22-16 10:24 PM
    Well, it looks like my thread was moved from the General to this specific forum and I couldn't even find a trace post left in the original section. My thread title was also altered & appended, what's up with that? I was not clear in my original post that my issue was not meant to be Z30 specific but that has been updated to indicate that it was for any device possibly experiencing this issue. Could a moderator please move this thread back to the General forum so this issue can get more broad exposure? My current e-mail on file here is not valid so if you want to reply to me, just post it here. Also, I've been away from this board for a few years so was the private messaging feature removed? Thanks.
    03-23-16 03:47 PM
    I use the native Twitter app daily and have had no issues. I went to your Twitter CNN link and had no issues scrolling through tweets as far back as two days ago. Image links worked as well. Have you done a restart on your phone or even a hard reset and tried again? Maybe clearing your cache as well?

When I do experience weird anomalies such as this, while very rare, a restart or hard reset always clears it up. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    03-26-16 12:11 AM
    Hello Wrench & thanks for the reply. You mentioned you use the native Tw application but my issue is with using Twitter's mobile site to view posts and NOT the application on the phone. Also, as I mentioned in the first paragraph of my first post, I did the usual steps like clearing the cache, cookies and history as well as a restart but the issue still exists, but, I did not do a hard reset. Is a hard reset simul-pressing the volume keys? If so, what's the difference in that and using the soft restart icon on the main main access screen?

Try going to http://m.twitter.com/cnn or whatever Tw site you want but make sure you're not logged-in which you will not be if you see the Log-in button at the top. As of today, almost a week later this issue is still present. I didn't mention this earlier but there is no response when I tap the search icon or the menu bars icon. Also, when it was still working early last week, when I scrolled down, the Tw page's entire menu bar containing the search icon, the menu bars icon, sign up and log-in buttons would partially auto-hide but since this issue started that stopped as well, it's just frozen. But, I can tap successfully the sign up & sign-in buttons. Twitter may being following FB's model by requiring a log-in to view posts past a default amount and to view each posts' associated conversations to encourage more people to create an account.

So, if you or anybody would please try accessing posts & those 'frozen' menu items via Tw's mobile site without being signed-in and let me know what happens, I would appreciate it. Thanks
    03-28-16 09:28 PM
    UPDATE: This issue was resolved a couple of weeks ago. After a test with another mobile device in a VZW store & on my VZW Z30 using an At&t hotspot connection via wi-fi to isolate my phone from VZW's network, the issue was still there, so it was decided that it had to be a native Twitter issue that they finally fixed. Thanks to all that did absolutely nothing that I specifically asked to help duplicate this weeks ago and special thanks to the mod that moved this thread into this nearly dead forum to dramatically reduce the chances of me getting others to help duplicate the issue.
    Last edited by BlackBerryMagnet; 05-10-16 at 08:52 PM.
    05-10-16 08:42 PM
    I'm glad it was resolved. I missed your second post, I apologize.

My response was in regard to the link you mentioned, I was only mentioning the Twitter app as what I normally use. My comments were specific to the mobile link you put in your post.

Glad it's working for you now.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-16 11:39 PM
    Hey Wrench. Thanks for checking in & clarifying that. I'm glad it's fixed too but I'm sure something else will happen just like with the ongoing runaway train wreck FB mobile site randomly turning key features on & off for weeks & months.
    05-11-16 12:37 PM
    Well, it looks like my thread was moved from the General to this specific forum and I couldn't even find a trace post left in the original section. My thread title was also altered & appended, what's up with that? I was not clear in my original post that my issue was not meant to be Z30 specific but that has been updated to indicate that it was for any device possibly experiencing this issue. Could a moderator please move this thread back to the General forum so this issue can get more broad exposure? My current e-mail on file here is not valid so if you want to reply to me, just post it here. Also, I've been away from this board for a few years so was the private messaging feature removed? Thanks.
    Moved back to General Discussion. It appears this was not moved by one of our Moderator's but rather by a site administrator via a different tool. There's no record of a Mod move. (yes I can check) I agree with you that this is more of a general issue rather than a Z30 specific issue. I almost moved it to BB10 Apps, BUT it's not an app, rather its the mobile site. Glad to hear you got it resolved. Sorry for any confusion the move may have caused.

Additionally please note when a Mod DOES move one of your threads you will get a system PM and new link. And we ALWAYS leave a redirect, that is the old link still works.
    05-12-16 08:32 PM