This is a tweet Stephen Fry posted today:

‏@stephenfry
    Just had very exciting meeting with @blackberry people. Boy, have they got some exciting things in the pipeline �

i know it's not a lot, but he has more then 5 million followers, and he is a current iPhone user. I think it is good for RIM, some free publicity.
    And it makes me more excited for BB10!
    11-14-12 11:00 AM
    Actually I think this is great news, Stephen Fry would be an excellent celebrity endorsement, certainly for the UK, he's well know as pro Apple, would be great to get him to change sides.

Gordon
    11-14-12 11:37 AM
    Actually I think this is great news, Stephen Fry would be an excellent celebrity endorsement, certainly for the UK, he's well know as pro Apple, would be great to get him to change sides.

Gordon
    agreed, +1
    11-14-12 12:04 PM
    stephen fry is big in the UK, this can only be a good thing...
    11-14-12 12:05 PM
    He has plenty of fans in the US, as well. Myself included.

This may sound a little self-centered, but I absolutely loved Stephen Fry in America. It was refreshing hearing an Englishman talking about the US in a positive way, actually meeting and getting to know the people, not just spewing hate based on ignorance and bigoted hyperbole.

Sorry, [/rant].

Yes! Stephen Fry would be a great spokesman!
    lorax1284 likes this.
    11-14-12 12:13 PM
    This is good news, but I've noticed he's doing a lot of voice overs for adverts in the UK so maybe he's just being paid by RIM and has sold out? Doesn't matter either way as people trust him, but it would be nice if he truly were impressed by it. Although it's occurred to me that I think celebs aren't allowed to do paid endorsements on twitter in the UK so maybe he's not being paid by RIM.

Xader - yes stereotypes are frustrating, like how all British people are Cockney football hooligans with bad teeth or we all speak like the Queen, and produce poor food? It works both ways, and at least our perceptions aren't reinforced globally by Hollywood, like you do with British stereotypes. I don't like the stereotypes on either side of the Atlantic but Britain has definitely got the raw end of the deal.
    11-14-12 04:57 PM
    This is good news, but I've noticed he's doing a lot of voice overs for adverts in the UK so maybe he's just being paid by RIM and has sold out? Doesn't matter either way as people trust him, but it would be nice if he truly were impressed by it. Although it's occurred to me that I think celebs aren't allowed to do paid endorsements on twitter in the UK so maybe he's not being paid by RIM.

Xader - yes stereotypes are frustrating, like how all British people are Cockney football hooligans with bad teeth or we all speak like the Queen, and produce poor food? It works both ways, and at least our perceptions aren't reinforced globally by Hollywood, like you do with British stereotypes. I don't like the stereotypes on either side of the Atlantic but Britain has definitely got the raw end of the deal.
    I'm well aware that everyone gets it pretty bad. I just saw the show recently and was just particularly impressed with Stephen's open-mindedness. It's in pretty short supply these days.
    11-14-12 05:22 PM
    Sounds good.
    11-14-12 05:25 PM
    Basic question, wondering why would RIM present BB10 to Stephen Fry?
    11-14-12 05:41 PM
    I would guess some type of commercial with him or a voice over with him.
    OR
    Maybe they showed it to him to spread the word?
    11-14-12 05:45 PM
    dont know but it is a good endorsement having him say that, as everybody in Britain knows he loves his IClump
    11-14-12 07:57 PM
    400 + retweets. Holy s...
    Attached Thumbnails Tweet from Stephen Fry-capture.jpg  
    11-14-12 09:24 PM
    I wonder what was shown...
    11-15-12 01:23 AM
    hmm, it seems like RIM already try to show BB10 to some famous persons too, besides govs and businesses basics. That's good for BB10 popularity.
    11-15-12 01:51 AM
    Stephen Fry is a well known tech nut so it is not usual for him to see new stuff early.
    Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    kevinnugent likes this.
    11-15-12 01:56 AM
    Stephen's new gadget show starts Monday I believe so let's hope to see BlackBerry's on that series.
    11-15-12 02:15 AM
    Stephen's new gadget show starts Monday I believe so let's hope to see BlackBerry's on that series.
    Really? What's it called??

He's a world renowned tech/phone tart, and is honest in his appraisals. I'm quietly optimistic after his endorsement.
    11-15-12 03:00 AM
    Really? What's it called??

He's a world renowned tech/phone tart, and is honest in his appraisals. I'm quietly optimistic after his endorsement.
    LOL @ tech / phone tart.

Its called Stephen Fry: Gadget Man - Monday 20:30 Channel 4

He did do the 100 best gadgets before which was a good watch too.
    11-15-12 03:30 AM
    He has plenty of fans in the US, as well. Myself included.

This may sound a little self-centered, but I absolutely loved Stephen Fry in America. It was refreshing hearing an Englishman talking about the US in a positive way, actually meeting and getting to know the people, not just spewing hate based on ignorance and bigoted hyperbole.

Sorry, [/rant].

Yes! Stephen Fry would be a great spokesman!
    You are talking about Jeremy Clarkson arnt you? Go on admit it.
    Ben1232 and Barljo like this.
    11-15-12 03:39 AM
    LOL @ tech / phone tart.

Its called Stephen Fry: Gadget Man - Monday 20:30 Channel 4

He did do the 100 best gadgets before which was a good watch too.
    Damn!! Sure as gonna watch that new show. Stephen Fry is the Man!!!
    11-15-12 11:30 AM
    You are talking about Jeremy Clarkson arnt you? Go on admit it.
    lol. Not specifically, but he sure does fit the bill, doesn't he?
    11-15-12 11:55 AM
    Stephen Fry now got his BB10 device

https://twitter.com/stephenfry/statu...90309551280128

I�m a very lucky bunny. Playing happily with the all new BlackBerry. Some amazing features on BB10. Released 30th Jan. Back to Shakespeare�
    Made in flanders and zyben like this.
    01-25-13 02:03 PM
    I like Fry's view on tech quite a bit. Yes, he's something of an Apple fan, but not without reason.

Nice to see him giving BB10 a chance, though
    01-25-13 02:07 PM
    I like Fry's view on tech quite a bit. Yes, he's something of an Apple fan, but not without reason.

Nice to see him giving BB10 a chance, though
    He's a reasonable man...Just watch his debates .
    01-25-13 02:08 PM
    our perceptions aren't reinforced globally by Hollywood, like you do
    Does anybody else see the sheer irony in this statement?
    01-25-13 02:27 PM
37 12