Hey Guys,

I turn off data when I'm at home with the family, this is the quickest way for me to shut off messaging. But when I turn it back on in the morning, Blackberry sends me the messages I received last night or while it was off even though I deleted them or acrhived them in Gmail.

Any way to prevent Blackberry from sending me my Gmail messages while I kept off data? I dont want to create another email address to filter etc.

thanks!

BLACKBERRY 8830 - Verizon
    08-29-07 02:47 PM
    Sorry the system will automatically send you an email, as soon as it hits any of your accounts...

Only other option is to log into the BIS account, and disable forward to handheld. But, rather annoying to continuously having to do it...
    08-29-07 08:07 PM
    I desperately want an option to do this as well. I want to be able to stop the email service from pulling down all new emails to my Blacberry when I'm at home, and not download them later either once I want to receive them again.

It looks as though the only way around this is to totally disable emails on that service and use the Gmail app, but that will only work if you remember to turn off your mail client when you leave the house (or else Gmail will archive them and the mobile app can't find them) or tell Gmail not to archive any downloaded messages, which means they all sit in your inbox online and you have to manually move them at some point.

Neither of which is very practical.
    09-22-07 10:07 AM
    I find that when I see an new unread mesage indicator on my home page I can't resist checking my email. But when I'm at home, and at other times, I would like to ignore my email. So I would like to remove that indicator. I have already turned off all notifications, but I don't even want to see that envelope. I just want to remove all indicators/envelopes/icons from my home screen. HOW DO I DO THAT?! I don't want to turn off data.... I want my email messages to be there whenever I feel like checking.... I just don't want to know that I have any messages.
    10-24-07 09:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD