Okay is this a problem with all cell phones or just cell phones *I* have? I used to have an LG phone that would turn itself off randomly - no warning, no shutting down sound... well twice in the past couple of days my BlackBerry has done the same thing - just turned itself off! Is there something wrong with my Berry?
    03-31-07 06:23 PM
    How odd? What bar is your battery on?

Also, speaking of the battery, why don't you try to take it out and then do a fresh boot (so to speak).

Okay is this a problem with all cell phones or just cell phones *I* have? I used to have an LG phone that would turn itself off randomly - no warning, no shutting down sound... well twice in the past couple of days my BlackBerry has done the same thing - just turned itself off! Is there something wrong with my Berry?
    03-31-07 07:27 PM
    Were you using that SAME sim card in your LG? If yes, it might be a sim card issue, no?
    03-31-07 07:54 PM
    I'll do a battery pull I guess... The battery was at 80% when it shut off the first time so I don't think it has to do with why it shut off. As for the SIM card... I'm with Sprint so I don't have one.

Were you using that SAME sim card in your LG? If yes, it might be a sim card issue, no?
    03-31-07 09:12 PM
    Does it shut off at the same time everyday, or is it random?
    03-31-07 11:31 PM
    No SIM card - I'm with Sprint.

Not at the same time... just randomly. And I did a battery pull last night, I'm waiting to see if it'll do it again.

Oh and the battery was perfect - the first time I had 80% remaining, the 2nd time at least 60%.
    04-01-07 07:45 PM
    This may be a tower/network issue. Have you tried putting in a trouble ticket with Sprint and see if they can find something?

Since your old LG did the same thing, there may be a common denominator here, namely the tower.

Does this happen when you're in other areas, or just at home, work etc?
    04-01-07 07:50 PM
    No, I haven't mentioned it to Sprint... good idea.

It's REALLY random as to when it happens. Saturday it happened at my parent's house in Houston but usually it happens when I'm in San Antonio. It has happened in my house, at work, when I have to go to the other building a few miles away for work...

On that note, it didn't happen Sunday. I still need to take it in or complain about the "e" button not working all the time.. sigh.
    04-02-07 10:06 AM
    I would just call Sprint and tell them about your issues, and since your 'e' button isn't working properly, request a warranty exchange.
    04-02-07 10:23 AM
    Well, now I'm having a new problem - twice today and once yesterday the phone has been in a place with good reception and the call went straight to voicemail.

I'm starting to get irritated.
    04-02-07 05:36 PM
    Since this is happening in random places, then I would take it in to Sprint and have them swap it out with another unit as Kasper suggested.

This sounds more like a BB issue than a network issue.
    04-02-07 05:42 PM
    I was gonna go tonight but the store I went to closed at like 7pm or something. I'm gonna go tomorrow for sure... I called and they said they could run a diagnostics on it in the store to see if they could fix it and if not, then switch it out. Cross fingers, I'm going after work!
    04-02-07 08:15 PM
    Just out of interest do you have Call Waiting set up and what status is your call forwarding at?

But hope you get it sorted?
    04-03-07 02:18 PM
    Just out of interest do you have Call Waiting set up and what status is your call forwarding at?

But hope you get it sorted?
    Um... call waiting, yes... and not sure about call forwarding, I don't think I turned it on.
    04-03-07 05:13 PM
    So, what's the latest, did you get a new/replaced one? Enquiring minds want to know...
    04-04-07 07:08 AM
    What happened?
    04-04-07 12:29 PM
    Ugh, I've been procrastinating and haven't done it yet. But I will. Today. In like an hour.

Maybe.
    04-04-07 05:04 PM
    ...you're not a 'true' addict yet. You have so much to learn 'young Padwan'.
    04-04-07 05:41 PM
    Lol... I didn't want to go BECAUSE I didn't want my BB to get taken.

Anyway, I went today and they took the phone away from me (gasp) to check it out. 45 minutes later (seriously, I was going through withdrawal symptoms) they gave it back, saying they were gonna get me a new one through the warehouse and it should be here in 3 days or so. So I still have my current one til then, thank heavens.

So there ya have it.
    04-04-07 08:42 PM
    They had mercy on you. Bless their hearts
    04-04-07 08:56 PM
    Pink, I believe we both have the exact same phone and the exact same problem. iv had my phone sence Sunday night, its done it once a day at different times, ALAWYS While i am connected via Bluetooth though in a call.
    I have an e mail into the person who sold me the phone and if it does it again i guess im going in to get a replacemnt to
    Last edited by adrik_ubel; 04-23-08 at 09:06 PM.
    04-23-08 09:03 PM
    Wierd...I have a curve and sprint and my phone does this too the calls straight to vmail and turning itself off and then not wanting to come back on...it is GREAT!
    07-06-09 04:49 PM
    i havent had my black berry for less than 3 months and yesterday it was charging over night and i woke up to see what time it was and the screen was black so i tried pressing the power button to see if it would turn back on but nothing.... so i took out the battery and put it bak in and still nothing.. and then i took the battery out again and left it out for a while and when i put it bak in the red light blinked and still nothing i dont know what else to do this has never happened to me before!
    04-05-10 10:58 AM
    My 8330 also will sometimes just randomly shut down and reboot. Usually its when I have something like slacker on and for some reason the music pauses like the phone maybe gets to bogged down, and off it goes.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-10 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD