I have a user with a Tilt and the BlackBerry Connect. When trying to activate the device we get the error "No Activation Password". I have recreated the account, confirmed the password and confirmed that the BlackBerry Connect service is part of the user's plan. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
    11-19-07 08:46 AM
    I thought with BlackBerry connect devices you had to connect the device to a pc, and activate it that way, no?

Have you tried that?
    11-19-07 07:07 PM
    We did and it didn't.
    11-20-07 03:22 PM
    What is Tilt?
    12-22-07 09:51 AM
    Just get a curve it will fix your problems.
    01-17-08 03:02 AM
    May want to check over at the xdadevelopers forums to fix a problem connecting with the Tilt too. They are the HTC Gurus just like you have the BB gurus here.

Over there the Tilt is also known as the Kaiser which is what it's technically called by HTC
    01-17-08 07:17 AM
    What is Tilt?
    About the only smart phone/PDA on the market that actually has EVERYTHING in it.

3g, camera, wifi and gps
    01-17-08 07:20 AM
    How did you get your pin for your tilt? Mines keep saying pending...
    01-30-08 11:40 PM
    Just the usual stupid questions are all I can think of right now. Does BBC have access to the Tilt's radio or is some other application using it? Have you tried using the Clear Storage app to perform a hard reset on the Tilt, then reinstall BBC and try again? Do apps that access Media Net work?

Outside of that I would call RIM on this one. Maybe there is something weird going on in BES. I've done several BES activations on my Tilt and they all went through seemlessly and smoothly.
    02-01-08 11:07 AM
    Mine have been successful also.

I have another issue. I'm in a situation where I'm getting 200 to 300 emails a day - mostly system generated from some stuff I'm monitoring. Has worked great except a week ago after deleting everything from the inbox it read "0 items; 1 unread". The folder list shows (1) next to the inbox. No matter how many resets or battery removals and restarts, I can never get rid of the "1 unread" with an empty mailbox.
    03-02-08 07:01 PM
    Dropping the battery out of a WM device doesn't force a full reboot like it does on a BB. It's basically the same as pushing the reset button, which is a soft reset. If the email account is handled via BES I would try a BES activation. That will clear out all the data managed by BBC and force a reload. If that doesn't do it an uninstall and reinstall of BBC and then another BES activation should. Either should wipe out the corrupted database for that inbox and rebuild it. If you're using BIS then deleting the service book from BBC and having BIS resend it should fix that as well.
    03-02-08 08:02 PM
    I got my Tilt to accept the Blackberry feature. I went into: Programs -> Messaging -> get Blackberry Connect. Followed all the instructions it gave me and it worked fine.

*** BE ADVISED YOU CANNOT USE ACTIVE SYNC WITH BLACKBERRY CONNECT***

Active sync has to be disabled for it to work.

I had my Tilt set up to sync with mail2web to get my mail automatcially. I had to "delete" that setting for Blackberry to work. You also have to have a Blackberry plan for it to work. I then signed up with mail2web's enterprise server ($14.99/month) I was assigned a password.

After all this then I signed into the Blackberry website with at&t and setup my e-mail accounts...

...Hope I can post this website below and not break the rules...

http://www.wireless.att.com/blackberry <-- this will allow you to sign in and enter e-mails on your Blackberry account (of course AT&T customers only). Then select BIS E-mail login to get in...enter your Blackberry name and password. your blackberry name is the "blackberry name" before the @ sign in your Blackberry email address...sorry I cannot help you with your password, your on your own for that one.

I hope this helps...pm or "pin" me if you need more help.

msblueline
    03-09-08 09:34 AM
    what WM version 5 or 6? if 5 need to upgrade to 6 and install bbc again..
    happy to help
    07-21-08 06:56 AM
    Configure an e-mail account for BlackBerry Connect service
    • There are two methods to configure e-mail for BlackBerry Connect on the AT&T Tilt.
    • Both BlackBerry Enterprise Server and BlackBerry Internet Service may be configured to use at the same time.
    • Choose one or both of the following options to configure e-mail:
    Additional Support Articles
    BlackBerry Connect Desktop for Windows Mobile (BlackBerry Enterprise users only)
    Microsoft ActiveSync (Informational Only Article)
    Microsoft Active Sync Overview
    08-08-08 08:59 PM
    what WM version 5 or 6? if 5 need to upgrade to 6 and install bbc again..
    happy to help
    Tilt is loaded with 6 anyways..
    08-08-08 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD