My daughter has a samsung phone with 3g and it works fine on at&ts 3g network, and there are other phones that use at&ts 3g network that work fine also, so why exactly is the BOLD not working on at&ts 3g network?
    08-26-08 01:20 AM
    Why do you add color to every at&t reference? It's annoying.

Just FYI if you want a legitimate response.
    08-26-08 01:31 AM
    So adding color means I won't get a legitimate response? Are you serious? Dude its a legit question. Just imagine all the words are black.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-08 02:33 AM
    the iphone has issues with at&t and no one knows why... they didn't make any public statements. the bold isn't even released on at&t.. again they won't exactly tell the public why. we really have no clue why, we just know that there are problems relating to 3g because of the people have used unlocked ones in the states.

seriously what kind of answer did u expect.

ohh and i don't really mind the colored text
    08-26-08 02:41 AM
    crackberryhead... where did you hear the Bold will not be 3G?

It hasn't even been released yet but every report from RIM and AT&T has said it will be 3G! Please prove to me the opposite.
    08-26-08 04:34 AM
    I never said the BOLD will not be 3g, the point of my post was this, if the BOLD is supposedly being delayed due to issues with at&ts 3g network, and the BBB not working correctly on that network, then why do other 3g phones seem to have no problem working on it? Apparently its not a network problem, its a BBB hardware problem correct? I believe they are delaying the BBB so the crapphone has no competition for a couple months. Crapple and at&t you SUCK!!!!

08-26-08 08:14 AM
    I never said the BOLD will not be 3g, the point of my post was this, if the BOLD is supposedly being delayed due to issues with at&ts 3g network, and the BBB not working correctly on that network, then why do other 3g phones seem to have no problem working on it? Apparently its not a network problem, its a BBB hardware problem correct? I believe they are delaying the BBB so the crapphone has no competition for a couple months. Crapple and at&t you SUCK!!!!

What does other phones working on the network have to do with the Bold having problems? For one the Blackberries are different devices than other phones so there may need to be more extensive testing to make sure the network support ALL blackberry features. Other devices especially non-smartphones, definitely don't have the same technology requirements that a Blackberry has. And they are being smart about it by not release a phone that has network issues and make sure they get all the kinks out before its release. This is something Apple should have done. You rather them release a phone that is having network issues just to compete with the iPhone? Are you kidding me? If you ask me, it makes it look better than the iPhone that they have recognized issues and are going to fix them before we get them. I'd rather get it a little later and work correctly than get it a few weeks earlier and have all kinds of issues that should have been taken care of.
    08-26-08 09:16 AM
    This thread should be moved into the AT&T ;-) forums... You'll get better help, for this question you have asked.
    08-26-08 09:26 AM
    Why do you add color to every at&t reference? It's annoying.

Just FYI if you want a legitimate response.
    Seriously, why can't you just try to help/answer the question instead of being rude and critical. I'm sure you have asked questions here before and would appreciate answers, not criticism regarding how you post.
    08-26-08 10:14 AM
    I agree that BB tests their phones on the networks as part of a quality process, and I also think its better than releasing it and then worrying about the bugs like the iPhone.

08-26-08 11:38 AM
    whats that other phone that is having 3g issues worldwide.. hmm....ohh yeah THE IPHONE

no details are ever public. apple still never acknowledged any issues or explained what the new fix actually fixes.

at&t has never said why the bold hasn't been released yet... so don't jump to random conclusions which no one can support.

phones are so complicated these days. the hardware and software is more complicated than we can imagine.
    08-26-08 05:35 PM
    its more than a 3g issue...the phone was overheating, poor battery life, etc..you cant just release a phone with all of those problems, but like PG said, AT&T recognizes they need to launch this phone so hopefully mid sept it'll be out
    08-26-08 06:52 PM
    its more than a 3g issue...the phone was overheating, poor battery life, etc..you cant just release a phone with all of those problems, but like PG said, AT&T recognizes they need to launch this phone so hopefully mid sept it'll be out
    I think I may just wait for the Jav to come out. I love 3g, but only when it works properly.
    08-26-08 07:21 PM
    iphone stinks on 3g too, ask me i should know lol.

Just wait it out, hopefully it all irons itself out while everyones waiting.
    08-26-08 07:24 PM
    ohh, i have seen people reporting that the bold works just fine on 3g on at&T whereas other report quite the opposite. but bottm line, a providers job is to fix any isues they can before releasing a product.
    08-26-08 08:24 PM
    Heck there are several celebs using the Bold right now. You think they would be using a new device with problems? Heck no. They are probably beta testers for RIM or something.
    08-27-08 07:36 AM
    CBK, it's not just the Bold. There are other devices on AT&T's 3G having some problems. That being said, there seems to be some hardware issues also. Atleast AT&T is NOT following suit with other carriers and releasing the device BEFORE it's ready.
    08-27-08 07:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD