OK, I've always had a Berry it seems.
    Probably over 10 years of Berry experience. I quite simply, LOVE my BlackBerry.
    Not sure why. It's hard to quantify.
    The tactile keyboard? Perhaps.
    The outstanding email and text delivery and management? Sure.
    The fluid use of the trackpad VS a touch screen (I've got a 9780 and LOVE it), maybe.
    But I guess it's partly because from the moment I picked a Berry up, I felt it was made for ME. Love at first sight. I did not have to read a manual. Everything I wanted to do, it did as if I HAD WRITTEN THE OS. Yep. I truly love my Berry.

Now, there are times, I admit, that my Legacy Berry falls short. I've had issues with a Reboot loop twice. I loaded Pandora, and had to remove it, ONCE I GOT THE REBOOT LOOP TO STOP. Yikes.
    I've had issues with Applications and AppWorld itself disappearing after an upgrade. I'm on that now. I have NO AppWorld. But, since the Apps I have are good enough (I'd like to have WhatsApp back! - it disappeared after an upgrade), I'm happy except for the lack of WhatsApp. It's a GREAT business phone. Leisure phone? I prefer my Android, but I can get by with the Berry if I have to.

I have an Android 2.3 that I use as a backup (it's on a separate network) and for leisure. I like it very much. It does things my Berry can't. Like deposit checks remotely via photo to my bank. But when it comes to raw communication power, it falls short.

I had an iPhone 4s. Nice phone. Did not like the fact that every app you get dumps on the screen unlike Android where they go in a master menu. It was like Android otherwise. Very ICON driven User Interface touchy feely.. I see why some love it, but not me. Siri and I never saw eye to eye.

Finally, I got a Windows 8 Phone. Nokia Lumia 521. Prepay T-Mo model (that I put on Simple Mobile. My carrier of choice).
    Net, net, I love it.
    I am a fan of the app FlipBoard. Windows 8 is similar to that. You have live tiles updating the things that are important to you. You have Microsoft Office front and center and very integraded. Nice. You have a very nice email package via Outlook with sync. You have good UI experience with the tiles, thay you can modify for a look and feel you like. It's simple, elegant, and built for speed.
    You know, I am a fan. Go figure.

I'm not leaving Blackberry, but I gotta' tell you, the Nokia Lumia 521 Windows Phone (for 99 bucks) really rocked my world. If I had to have only one phone for business and leisure, this one would do! I'm sure their more robust phones are even more impressive. I may dump the Android, and have my Berry for Business, and this WP8 for Leisure! I'm shocked how much I like it.
    kbz1960 and Etios like this.
    10-09-13 11:07 PM
    Try the z/q10 or z30 see the difference

Posted via CB10
    BBerryPowerUser likes this.
    10-09-13 11:13 PM
    I would wanna rock a BB10/Lumia combination too if I could afford it (My BB10 would be my primary phone though!). It's all about what works the best for you. There never is this perfect hardware + software combo, each phone falls short in one or more areas, but some phones can have all you want and need in a phone.
    Dual wielding could indeed be the perfect solution for you!

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 11:13 PM
    Life's too short, go with what you feel but hang onto old faithful better known as the 9780. When the others stop working, it'll keep on going, and going like the energizer bunny. Now that's my definition of a quality device.
    10-09-13 11:26 PM
    Have you tried any BlackBerry 10 phones yet?

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 11:38 PM
    Thanks guys. Good replies.
    I take them to heart. This is an awesome group (mostly) and the experience and advice is mostly first rate.

I have tried a Z10 and a Q10 for about a 1/2 hour each IN STORE ONLY. The thing I can't get past, is I love my 9780. I happen to like the legacy BIS service, especially when traveling abroad or in Canada. I'm a Yankee. For a very minimal amount, you can have foreign BIS while traveling. Not so with regular data services. And foreign BlackBerry SIM cards are cheap and plentiful. I have one for Rogers in Canada and Orange for Europe.

Anyway, I'd really like to try the Q10 and the Z10 for a few months, but I'm not sure I can afford that luxury. I only do Prepay. It's why my devices are on Simple Mobile here in the US. True BIS for only 40 bux a month unlimited BlackBerry. Wow.
    My 9780 has some serious shortcomings. It does not and will never run "FlibBoard" one of my favorite apps. There is "SideSwipe" but it's a very VERY poor substitute for "FlipBoard". I have tried for the last year to get my "BlackBerry AppWorld" back. It disappeared during an upgrade last year. I also lost "WhatsApp" during an upgrade, never to return. But I still have plenty of apps to keep me going that still work, I just won't every upgrade them, because I'll probably lose them if I do. I'm surprised my Bank still supports my Legacy Berry. They'll probably drop it soon. And, you can't deposit checks. That's reserved for iOS, WP8, and Android.

What I need is a friend who has a Z10 or Q10 and who will allow me to use it for a few hours or a day and really get the feel for it. Then maybe I'd find that it really would be the ONE device that replaces all the others?

For now, I have the 9780. The TANK, as I call it.
    I've had it since the day it came out (actually a few weeks before thanks to a friendly T-Mobile Store Manager), and it still looks and operates like new. Only had to replace the battery last year. Otherwise. it's ROCK SOLID.

The WindowsPhone 8 is really a neat architecture and OS. I'm, as I typed earlier, surprisingly a fan. Microsoft really did hit a home run IMO. And if you ever happen to visit one of their stores (I was in the Microsoft Store in Ala Moana in Honolulu a few weeks ago), you'd be as impressed as you would be if you walked into an Apple store.

But never fear. I LOVE BlackBerry. I'm a PowerUser, as my name suggests. I'm not jumping ship unless it goes Bye-Bye and I don't see that happening anytime soon.
    bunky1971 likes this.
    10-10-13 03:47 PM
    Just wait until that first time you need to send two attachments in a single email, the whole Windows Phone 8 experience will come crashing down. At least it did for my wife: she's using a Q10 like me now.

Even without BIS, join the twenty-first century and come to the goodness of BB10.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 07:14 PM
    Nice OP! I actually recently traded my Z10 for a Lumia 928 and absolutely love it. The Live Tiles really are genius. There are a few things I miss about BB10 but I plan on keeping the 928

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    10-10-13 07:40 PM
    The 928 is a superb machine to be sure. That would be my upgrade. Enjoy it.

Rthonpm, I hear you. At some point I'll probably (probably) upgrade to a Q10, but the price without contract has to come down substantially before I do. As far as sending 2 attachments at once via my smartphone, I've never done this in the history of me having a smartphone, so that's not a deal-breaker to me. And if whatever smartphone I have would crash because of it, I'd simply send 1 attachment at a time.
    10-10-13 09:01 PM
    The 928 is a superb machine to be sure. That would be my upgrade. Enjoy it.

Rthonpm, I hear you. At some point I'll probably (probably) upgrade to a Q10, but the price without contract has to come down substantially before I do. As far as sending 2 attachments at once via my smartphone, I've never done this in the history of me having a smartphone, so that's not a deal-breaker to me. And if whatever smartphone I have would crash because of it, I'd simply send 1 attachment at a time.
    Well in that case try q5 I also use simple mobile with the z10 it's 40 a month which is nice check amazon or ebay to get cheaper prices even on new ones

Posted via CB10
    bradu1 likes this.
    10-11-13 10:49 AM
    I had lumia 820. Pretty useless for work..incosistent apps even worse than BlackBerry apps. Try Bloomberg news for wphone..horrible.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 11:10 AM
    I love WP. Had a Lumia 800. Fell in love with the live tiles, the jet-black blacks, and the gorgeous Lumia 800 design - IMO the best looking phone ever!

Went to the Z10 after that and love that just as much. Waiting to see what happens to BlackBerry, but either way my next phone will be a BlackBerry or back to WP.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 11:49 AM
    Got a friend to show me his WP last week out of curiosity (you know, just in case! ) and was hopeful until the keyboard appeared and at that point that was it for me. I needed BlackBerry to keep going even more!

I think we've been spoiled by the Z10/Z30 touchscreen keyboard, it's something that isn't often referred to but it really is a work of genius and something I'd really struggle with losing.

Feel it, Swipe it, Love it. BlackBerry Z10...
    newcollector and Sexy Sadie like this.
    10-11-13 03:18 PM
    Just wondering - what didn't you like about the WP keyboard?
    My issue with the Z10 is I can't scale the HTML e-mails to make them larger (font control in BB10 in general needs work) and I can scale (and read) the e-mails on WP..
    10-11-13 03:24 PM
    Yep, it really hurts my eyes trying to read half the emails I receive on my Z.

Windows Phone keyboard is nice. Can't touch BB10's buy nothing can!

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 03:29 PM
    My issue with the Z10 is I can't scale the HTML e-mails to make them larger (font control in BB10 in general needs work) and I can scale (and read) the e-mails on WP..
    You can check accessibility settings to zoom in.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 03:53 PM
    Yes, then you have to scroll left and right to read the e-mail. Unusable to me.

It is possible to scale the fonts so the HTML message appears larger, but that isn't done in BB10.

Font control needs work; if you set the font to larger than 9, text boxes don't work once you get passed 3 lines. It is pretty back actually. But not being able to read e-mails without grabbing reading glasses is an issue. I was wondering what people didn't like about the WP8 keyboard (believe me - WP8 is not infallible - I have plenty of issues with it)..

Thanks.
    10-11-13 03:55 PM
    Just the way it was laid out, it looked a bit iPhone to me and I've played with that in the past and found it difficult.

The Z10 keyboard is incredible, once you get used to it, the combination of the auto correct in the space bar, the flick to type, the clever way it knows which letters you really mean and the way it learns what you like to say is pretty damn smart.

Not to mention the clever way it deals with punctuation, swiping once left to delete a whole word, down for more options and the speed all that gives you and I honestly think it is best in class and something that I would really miss if I had to go elsewhere.

It did my head in for the first 5 days but after that I began to really appreciate it and now it's difficult to imagine life without it.

Feel it, Swipe it, Love it. BlackBerry Z10...
    10-11-13 04:17 PM
    Hmmm... good thread.
    Well originally, I was thinking I'd do the Q because of the Keyboard, but after goofing around with WP8, I'd probably go Z.

Personally, I happen to like the WP8 Keyboard on Nokia very much. It is as good to me as "SwiftKey" on Android. Very intuitive and good to use.

If the preceding posters love the Z so much for the virtual keyboard, I must investigate this.
    10-11-13 06:02 PM
    Hmmm... good thread.
    Well originally, I was thinking I'd do the Q because of the Keyboard, but after goofing around with WP8, I'd probably go Z.

Personally, I happen to like the WP8 Keyboard on Nokia very much. It is as good to me as "SwiftKey" on Android. Very intuitive and good to use.

If the preceding posters love the Z so much for the virtual keyboard, I must investigate this.
    You must

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 06:18 PM
    You must

Posted via CB10
    I shall.

Was really steering toward a 9900, which for me is an upgrade coming from the 9780. But after playing with the WP8, I would like to try the z.
    10-11-13 10:43 PM
    Well once you get hands on the Z10 give it a good week to get a good feel of it. And tell us how you feel about it.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 01:07 AM
    The cost of owning a Z10 unlocked for GSM and off contract has dropped substantially, but still a bit too much for me.
    I think in another six months, I'll be able to swing one. I'll definitely try it!
    10-13-13 10:54 AM
    Attachments to emails?
    Nope

Muted music player and audible notifications?
    Nope

VPN?
    Nope

File manager?
    Nope

3 available tile sizes?
    Yes
    SifiGamer likes this.
    10-13-13 11:30 AM
    Glad to hear you like the keyboard. If BlackBerry stopped making phones I think the only serious contender for me would be a Windows phone. Just don't know how I would deal with not having the HUB.

I know what you mean about being surprised with the better typing on glass experience. I almost waited for the Q10 because I couldn't stand typing on glass. The Z10 has changed my mind completely.

The most important thing is that you are happy with your choice.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 12:24 PM
81 123 ...