I am trying to track my kids web usage. you know, i would to see which sites he is visiting. any way to do this? ps. he knows i am tracking, i am not "going behind his back" so please no "your a terrible father!" replies tnx
    04-11-10 05:51 PM
    Does he even have a Blackberry?
    04-11-10 05:55 PM
    yes. he is using a curve 8530 on sprint with os 5. both using the same phone actually. no enterprise server though
    04-11-10 05:58 PM
    Have him hand you the BlackBerry and then check the browser history.

Tell him that if the history is deleted or edited, then you take the device away permanently.
    04-11-10 06:31 PM
    Go Dad!!! You're probably going to get hammered by the lbb owners here that think everyone (including minors that you created) have privacy rights. If you've got a few $$$ to spend, the best thing would be some spy ware (like this: Catch Cheating Spouses with FlexiSPY - Spy Phone, GPS Tracker, Location Tracking, Remote Listening for Mobile / Cell Phones) that would let you see the kids text as well as everything else. Short of that, going through his phone is probably your only option, and I'm guessing that will get old for both of you pretty quick.
    04-11-10 06:45 PM
    If he knows you are tracking he can just delete the sites he goes to. Only way would be to randomly ask him for it and see what sites he was on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-10 06:46 PM
    I am trying to track my kids web usage. you know, i would to see which sites he is visiting. any way to do this? ps. he knows i am tracking, i am not "going behind his back" so please no "your a terrible father!" replies tnx
    It's called responsible parenting. AND it's your business anyways. Not that my opinion really matters, but I'd say your a pretty good father.

I'd probably stay away from flexispy its VERY expensive. I'd just do the random checks, and the threats of should help to keep him honest too.
    04-11-10 07:26 PM
    Couldn't he use Opera Mini and get away with it?
    04-11-10 07:29 PM
    He could as well just delete the history after every browser use.

I think I saw apps for stuff like this, let me see if I can find it.

EDIT: It was FlexiSpy.
    Last edited by diegonei; 04-11-10 at 07:55 PM.
    04-11-10 07:48 PM
    Here come the parenting tips.....

04-11-10 07:54 PM
    Oh yes Forever29....I can smell them coming a mile away. Prepare for it, here it comes.

04-11-10 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD