What I'm trying to accomplish is adding the new NFL schedule to my calendar. Someone said that you can find a csv file for your team but I watch most all televised games so I want the entire schedule. After some quick searching I found this link which has a csv file for this year's schedule. I don't use Outlook so after some searching it looks like Google Calendar will accomplish this. I installed it on my BB 8900 and it appears to be a success.

So far so good.

Now, after a little more research I figured out that I can use the 'add' button at the bottom of the left hand side and them 'import calendar' to import the csv. I use the browse option to select the csv file I downloaded and then the only calendar I have setup and when I click 'Import' I get the following error:

Failed to import events: Unable to process your iCal/CSV file..

I think it may have something to do with format or the header or... I really don't know. If anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
    08-01-09 01:21 AM
    It is usually the header that causes the problem. Make sure there are no extra characters in each column header, usually an underscore.
    08-01-09 07:51 AM
    Go here and get the one you want. Import it to your gmail calender then google sync your device. MySportsCal.com - Download NFL schedules
    Only problem I have found so far is it doesnt have the game times.
    08-01-09 07:56 AM
    Here is what I did. I'll start at the beginning. I know that half of what I say will be obvious to you. But Somewhere in here will be your specific answers, and the rest of it will hopefully help others.

First thing is I am using Google Sync with my Blackberry.

I found my calender somewhere else. I went to Yahoo. Kansas City Chiefs - Schedule - NFL - Yahoo! Sports I chose the Chiefs, you can pick who you want. On here you can get the iCal format. Copy that address, then go to your calender.

Go to your Google Calender and on the sidebar, under "Other calenders" I clicked on "Add" then on "Add by URL" Then paste the iCal address.

To put this calender onto your Blackberry, go to Google Sync and "sync now" Then click on options, you will see a list of "Sync these calenders" at the bottom. Click on that list, you should have your NFL calender listed and unchecked. Check it, and done.
    08-01-09 08:06 AM
    I got that error, too. But it is working now!
    08-01-09 08:28 AM
    Here is what I did. I'll start at the beginning. I know that half of what I say will be obvious to you. But Somewhere in here will be your specific answers, and the rest of it will hopefully help others.

I found my calender somewhere else. I went to Yahoo. Kansas City Chiefs - Schedule - NFL - Yahoo! Sports I chose the Chiefs, you can pick who you want. On here you can get the iCal format. Copy that address, then go to your calender.

Go to your Google Calender and on the sidebar, under "Other calenders" I clicked on "Add" then on "Add by URL" Then paste the iCal address.

To put this calender onto your Blackberry, go to Google Sync and "sync now" Then click on options, you will see a list of "Sync these calenders" at the bottom. Click on that list, you should have your NFL calender listed and unchecked. Check it, and done.

Thats pretty crafty. Great info!. Thanks, works better than the .csv I had.
    08-01-09 08:46 AM
    South End Zone - iCal NFL Schedules

Best NFL schedules for your BB. It automatically updates the game time if a change occurs. It also gives you a ton more info and options than a csv file.
    08-01-09 08:50 AM

Yep, any ical will work fine. I posted my link without reading yours first, sorry.
    08-01-09 08:53 AM
    South End Zone - iCal NFL Schedules

Best NFL schedules for your BB. It automatically updates the game time if a change occurs. It also gives you a ton more info and options than a csv file.
    Like I said in the other forum I tried this but I get the following error message:

"The address that you provided did not contain a calendar in a valid iCal or GData format."
    08-01-09 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD