I'm trying to charge my BB using a computer usb port. How do I know if it is charging?
    09-06-09 05:47 PM
    if it's not charging, what do I wiggle?
    09-06-09 05:48 PM
    First you have to have the desktop manager installed. the charging indicator on the battery icon will be on if its working.
    09-06-09 05:49 PM
    First you have to have the desktop manager installed. the charging indicator on the battery icon will be on if its working.
    DM isn't required.

Just plug it in. If the BB needs to be charged then a small plug-like icon will appear next the battery meter. That's it.
    09-06-09 05:55 PM
    how do I verify if I have the Desktop Manager on??
    09-06-09 06:06 PM
    If you took the cd and installed the software then there should be a blue icon that says desktop manager with BB Icon. Or if you installed the software from the internet. You don't have to have desktop manager to charge the phone. I would recommend charge from the wall plug if you have one. It will be quicker. USB charges slower than the wall plug. Just like Radius said, you will see a little lightning bold over the battery meter indicating it charging.
    09-06-09 06:43 PM
    you do not need DM installed. i used a friends computer to charge my storm when i forgot my charger this weekend. took all night to charge but worked fine
    09-06-09 07:02 PM
    It'll charge through a USB port in your car if you have them available. Got MS Sync in mine and it charges BBs & iPods, too. No DM required! (Standard car chargers are 1st choice of course.)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by eBud; 09-06-09 at 07:54 PM.
    09-06-09 07:48 PM
    It'll charge through a USB port in your car if you have them available. Got MS Sync in mine and it charges BBs & iPods, too. No DM required! (Standard car chargers are 1st choice of course.)

I have the same in my car and have found the standard car charger to work faster.

09-06-09 08:15 PM
    Y'all are helping me a lot. Really appreciate it.

re:

digital time am/pm in upper left

day and date upper middle

below day and date is battery charge icon; just to the right is a black plug. I think the plug must be what tells me my phone is charging. Am I correct?

What is the yellow bell just to the right of that?
    09-06-09 08:23 PM
    The plug means it's charging yes.

The bell means you have a daily alarm set.
    09-06-09 08:28 PM
    My son made my BB convert to standby mode after a few seconds. How do I extend the time before it converts?
    09-06-09 09:03 PM
    Options->Screen/Keyboard->Backlight Timeout

09-06-09 09:41 PM
    if i'm using the telephone, which "options" do i go to? ...and how do I get there?
    09-06-09 10:51 PM
    if i'm using the telephone, which "options" do i go to? ...and how do I get there?
    Not sure what you mean by telephone, but from the main screen find the options icon, it looks like a wrench on my series BlackBerry anyhow. From there just go through the steps I laid out above and you can adjust the display timeout.

09-07-09 09:59 AM
    Are there just 2 convenience keys?

Can I make one of them "sms msgs" and the other "camera"?
    09-07-09 04:14 PM
    Are there just 2 convenience keys?

Can I make one of them "sms msgs" and the other "camera"?
    yes, Options -- > Screen/Keyboard -- > Side Convenience keys and then pick the one you'd like. but you can also make sms messages on the home screen and get into them that way as well, same with camera
    09-07-09 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD