Wow.

One thing is for sure he's likely been using an unsecured phone for Twitter? Does his phone now have the presidential security approval?

Another thing there is no way he's going to get away with using a Canadian or a Korean phone especially after people find things like this out and criticize him for it… there would be a major backlash because it goes against what he preaches....

Attachment 415926
    Considering that Foxconn is planning on moving its production to the states thanks to Trump, the Iphone seems like a good option for him.

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    01-16-17 11:15 AM
    Considering that Foxconn is planning on moving its production to the states thanks to Trump, the Iphone seems like a good option for him.

Posted via CB10
    Cheap labour and outsourcing was the only reason most Americans could afford an iPhone. I'd like to know what it is going to cost in the US without outsourcing and now paying American salaries and wages to build them, good luck with that.

It will also drive up the cost for what Canadians pay for these devices as well it's not just the US affected by these policies.
    01-16-17 11:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    Government still has a "Buy American" preference.... one reason I think BlackBerry stuck with Mexico (it qualifies under NAFTA) manufacturing for so long. Now they can get around it.. when there are no competitive products. But Apple brings one small manufacturing plant to the US, they'll probably make a special US SKU that the Government will pay 20% more for. The rest get mixed into the consumer market and Apple writes off the loss as a "marketing scheme".
    01-16-17 11:42 AM
    Cheap labour and outsourcing was the only reason most Americans could afford an iPhone. I'd like to know what it is going to cost in the US without outsourcing and now paying American salaries and wages to build them, good luck with that.

It will also drive up the cost for what Canadians pay for these devices as well it's not just the US affected by these policies.
    Who cares? Better to be a part of the solution than part of the problem. Many companies have tried a return to USA manufacturing for a variety of reasons. Better the jobs here than somewhere else...
    01-16-17 12:22 PM
    Who cares? Better to be a part of the solution than part of the problem. Many companies have tried a return to USA manufacturing for a variety of reasons. Better the jobs here than somewhere else...
    Not if the cost of an iPhone or a FORD or GM pricing become so astronomical that they are the same price as a Mercedes and NO ONE will buy them!

I was talking to an economics professor friend and he said that Trump will bankrupt the BIG 3. There is NO WAY you can keep costs down without outsourcing!

The simple fact that GM cars are built in Canada saves GM roughly 5 billion in savings because Canadian workers are covered by government Heath care
    01-16-17 12:26 PM
    While taking his 3 AM dump, the president-elect tweeted the following: "Samsung CEO arrested! Sad! United Technologies building Ohio factory to make my new phone! 700,000 new jobs thanks to me! DJT = forever King of Twitter!"
    01-16-17 12:30 PM
    Not if the cost of an iPhone or a FORD or GM pricing become so astronomical that they are the same price as a Mercedes and NO ONE will buy them!

I was talking to an economics professor friend and he said that Trump will bankrupt the BIG 3. There is NO WAY you can keep costs down without outsourcing!

The simple fact that GM cars are built in Canada saves GM roughly 5 billion in savings because Canadian workers are covered by government Heath care
    Maybe it will just mean less profits for the execs at the top.

They're not going to jack the prices sky high if Trump forces them to start manufacturing in the USA because they won't sell any.

Oh, who am I kidding, iPhone people will pay anything. You could stamp an Apple logo on a dog turd and they'd buy it.

Posted via CB10
    skstrials likes this.
    01-16-17 12:32 PM
    Cheap labour and outsourcing was the only reason most Americans could afford an iPhone.
    Gotta disagree with you, Ralph. The vast majority of iPhone owners couldn't "afford" their devices, so they did what millions of Americans do when they can't afford something they just gotta gotta gotta have: They signed up with carriers that promise them "free" iPhones.
    skstrials likes this.
    01-16-17 12:36 PM

Fixing the economy will be tough but it has to be done. Our middle class has been gutted to point that it can't afford the current big three offerings. I'm pro-business and I was pro-nafta but we have to change things or we're going to keep getting same results. Henry Ford was a pretty sharp guy in his day and he understood importance of paying wages that would allow people to buy his vehicles. Problem is we need to bring industry back to our country. Not everyone can be an MBA running the companies. I'm an MBA that realizes this..
    skstrials likes this.
    01-16-17 12:38 PM
    Maybe it will just mean less profits for the execs at the top.

They're not going to jack the prices sky high if Trump forces them to start manufacturing in the USA because they won't sell any.

Oh, who am I kidding, iPhone people will pay anything. You could stamp an Apple logo on a dog turd and they'd buy it.

Posted via CB10
    The question remains, will you buy an American car IF it costs the same as a Mercedes or BMW?

Of course they're going to pass the extra costs and expenses on to the consumer, Who else is going to pay for it?
    01-16-17 12:38 PM
    Fixing the economy will be tough but it has to be done. Our middle class has been gutted to point that it can't afford the current big three offerings. I'm pro-business and I was pro-nafta but we have to change things or we're going to keep getting same results. Henry Ford was a pretty sharp guy in his day and he understood importance of paying wages that would allow people to buy his vehicles. Problem is we need to bring industry back to our country. Not everyone can be an MBA running the companies. I'm an MBA that realizes this..
    Then how you going to keep the cost down? You better start by killing the unions? Because unions always demand a high wage and then the cost of the product goes up.

I seem to recall seeing a link one time that said the cost of an iPhone would be about $2100 if it was made in the US. There's a lot of American jobs at stake with Apple also.

So the question for you is how is it going to be built cheaper then so that the average Joe can afford one?
    01-16-17 12:46 PM
    The question remains, will you buy an American car IF it costs the same as a Mercedes or BMW?

Of course they're going to pass the extra costs and expenses on to the consumer, Who else is going to pay for it?
    Yes I would pay more for any domestic product.

The rich execs are going to get their profits cut to pay for some of the extra costs otherwise they won't sell many cars.

I understand you're pretty triggered by Trump but is this really the place for it?

Posted via CB10
    skstrials likes this.
    01-16-17 12:55 PM

The rich execs are going to get their profits cut to pay for some of the extra costs otherwise they won't sell many cars.

I understand you're pretty triggered by Trump but is this really the place for it?

Posted via CB10
    A lot of Americans and Canadians WON'T pay more for a domestic product. And this will hurt Apple and American jobs in the long run. I cannot see the execs taking any pay cuts either.

Is this the place then for you to ask me similar questions. Sorry for thinking ahead
    01-16-17 01:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    Ok to get back on track NO, I cannot see Trump using a Blackberry unless he gets special government approval or encryption, and even then he won't look very "Patriotic" using it will he.
    01-16-17 01:34 PM
    Trump Emergency Phone

01-16-17 02:23 PM
    The Mexicans in the same bill as the wall?
    01-16-17 02:41 PM
    Gotta disagree with you, Ralph. The vast majority of iPhone owners couldn't "afford" their devices, so they did what millions of Americans do when they can't afford something they just gotta gotta gotta have: They signed up with carriers that promise them "free" iPhones.
    Oh do I have permission to answer this now, or is it considered "off topic"....

Ya or Americans take out a loan or have to mortgage their homes all over again to buy that new Ford that costs as much as a Mercedes that no one will want in the first place, and basically you have debt again. Not everyone leases a car, or can outright pay cash or can afford astronomical prices and that long term debt WILL catch up with you if you have to make payments. (remember 2008?)

Nor should people have to have to pay more for anything made in the US but there is no way around it. Outsourcing is how we have cheaper products and it is a global market whether we want to accept it or not. No, I do not agree, this will have long term consequences...

EDIT: Perhaps for an iphone but just imagine the used prices to buy one outright from ebay? It will be insanity.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 01-16-17 at 03:43 PM.
    01-16-17 03:28 PM
    01-16-17 03:29 PM
    Donald Trump will do more good for the country than his predecessor. I hope he bypasses the media and communicates directly with the people.
    Sure he will.... bigly....

Android BlackBerry
    01-16-17 06:40 PM
    ... 1465 days left.

Yeah, I know. I'm a pessimist.
    01-16-17 06:47 PM
    Those jobs you speak of aren't ever coming back. Technology has changed that. The incoming needs to wake up smell the coffee and realize that he is better off investing in retraining the work force, who depended on these jobs and move ahead.

Coal workers for example , have to understand this and many on the rust belt and be willing to be retrained. If not they will be left behind.

Android BlackBerry
    01-16-17 06:57 PM
    With Guiliani as his cyber security advisor, it likely means that Trump will move to a BlackBerry device. Not sure if that would be BB10 or Android, but i thought it was stated that anyone that partners with Giuliani and Partners must be using BlackBerry. I guess we will see.
    The President's phone is always hand built by the NSA. All of Obama's phones were built by the NSA.
    01-16-17 07:01 PM
    A robot's hourly salary is the same in US or China...

Besides, Apple sells the iphone for huge profit. It has room to pay real salaries.
    How do you explain the fact that Germany and Switzerland manufacture pretty much everything and they pay higher worker salaries than in US?
    Why couldn't US do it?

Are the Germans and Swiss better managers and business people that they can turn profits and provide high paying jobs at the same time?

Posted via CB10
    Because they don't have the unions we do in North America.

Standard knowledge that we demand more wages in North America that means less profit for the company so they go where it's cheaper to make them so that they can make more money, commonsense is how business works.

Edit: paying off the Unions is where a LOT of $ goes. GM supposedly loses around $4,000 per vehicle on union fees. Toyota doesn't have or need a union, nor does WestJet in Canada and these are very profitable companies.

And actually Apple was accused of paying inadequate wages in the past.

Trumps Phone?-img_1484629904.142513.jpg
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 01-16-17 at 11:11 PM.
    01-16-17 10:26 PM
    A robot's hourly salary is the same in US or China...
    Also we pay much higher taxes in Canada, Germany and Switzerland than Americans do. God forbid any new president ever suggest raising taxes like Reagan did no less than eight times, they would be crucified today.

Look at all them robots…Trumps Phone?-img_1484627393.622114.jpg

Now please try to stay on topic I was warned once already
    01-16-17 10:30 PM
    Encrypted phone from Putin's special collection
    Trumps Phone?-15724639_1538526899496387_595087299756821525_o.jpg

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.3.2163 / Telus
    01-16-17 11:18 PM
57 123