Hello,
    Im sure this is something that everyone with unlimited data plan is wondering when buy blackberry .

I have search the web and it seems that there is no such a thing, that does free calls over skype or google talk or any other voip software using your data plan 3g network, with no minutes charges.

There are some applications that do voip calls only with wifi but i couldnt find any with 3g.
    Is that true, should i stop looking?

Thanks
    12-02-10 01:09 PM
    Your carrier has a vested interest in keeping VOIP off your phone.

There is a workaround if you have a BlackBerry Messenger contact on the other side of the World. Use Voice Notes and send to your contact. They can listen and reply to you using BlackBerry Data only.
    12-02-10 01:22 PM
    Any carriers that do it, have strict agreements with the providers. For example Verizon, has a deal with Skype, and DOES provide you the ability to use it on some of their devices including some BBs, but it's on VZW's terms.
    12-02-10 01:38 PM
    No there isn't anything yet. Sorry.
    12-02-10 02:00 PM
    I dont know if you know this but lately there have some companies who have attempted at providing Free international calls, you dont even need to use your 3g data or wifi, all you need is a blackberry mobile with an active line and you can make free calls. I have tried one such service myself and its absolutely true free calls, check it out. Their website is TruefreeCalls.com
    02-05-13 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD