It's mentioned in this article https://investorplace.com/2017/02/blackberry-ltd-bbry-stock-might-make-money-some-day/#.WKMoL4GvDqA
    02-14-17 09:54 AM
    Guy that wrote the article has no real details on the BlackBerry/TCL licensing deal. And neither do we.

But I doubt BlackBerry could afford to provide the BlackBerry Suite of apps and the updates and tweaks to Android, along with administering this licensing deal.... for $1 per phone.

I doubt they can afford it for $25 a phone - unless sales are going to increase 300% or more. But I would not imagine TCL agreeing to anything over that, as these OEM make decisions on hardware components where $.50 is a big deal.
    02-14-17 10:13 AM
    02-14-17 12:44 PM
    If that was the case, I don't think we would see any BlackBerry device come to life. I don't see them adding a 100 bucks in value like the DTEK devices, but there should be at least a value proposition for BlackBerry. Who knows, I don't think we'll ever know except if the devices sell like hotcakes.. which makes me think we'll never know :lol:

Posted via CB10
    02-14-17 02:53 PM
    BlackBerry has signed 3 important licensing deals and of course all done to promote the brand and make a profit. 1€ a month is what they charge on the HUB suite!
    On devices the profit margin is way way higher!

Posted via CB10
    02-14-17 03:27 PM
    BlackBerry has signed 3 important licensing deals and of course all done to promote the brand and make a profit. 1€ a month is what they charge on the HUB suite!
    On devices the profit margin is way way higher!

Posted via CB10
    Really not all that important... unless those three companies sell a lot of phones. As Chen made it clear he couldn't get anything but a licensing deal based on sales, he wanted up front money... but that didn't happen.
    02-14-17 03:42 PM
    I'd be interested to know the actual numbers as that does seem absurdly low. I'm not sure what it would cost or what their anticipated sales volume is on this phone. You'd have to think they'd require far more than that though to get a return on investment as to what they provide.
    02-14-17 03:48 PM
    they might make only $1 profit but I doubt they only charge $1 per device, thats probably not sustainable on a cost basis.
    02-14-17 05:10 PM
    they might make only $1 profit on the initial deals but I doubt they only charge $1 per device, thats probably not sustainable on a cost basis.
    02-14-17 05:11 PM