Greetings all. I'm going to be working on a "Blackberry Troubleshooting 101" in the upcoming days, and would like some input on common issues that most users have (ie. losing call logs/text, mem issues, not receiving emails etc) and common steps to try to resolve problems (like battery pull). Just want to make sure I get as much as I can into it. Granted, it won't have all the possible issues, but a good deal of common ones and the best steps to troubleshoot most problems. Thanks in advance!
    09-05-08 02:39 PM
    Great Idea!! From being around the boards, some of the most common questions/problems I come across are :

1) Losing SMS/call logs (needs memory optimization : http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/)

2) Confusion between device memory and media card

3) Resending service books / registering to your network

4) How to upgrade to a Beta / Where to get a Beta (http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/pro...cedure-53359/)

5) Connecting to WiFi (http://forums.crackberry.com/f65/com...ifi-how-47229/)

6) Honestly, many of the common questions have been answered numerous times on the boards and can be found in the HowTo Section or BB 101 Lecture Series... just n00bs don't know where to look! haha

**I will post more when I think of them... Good Luck!**
    Last edited by bmcclure937; 09-05-08 at 02:47 PM.
    09-05-08 02:42 PM
    6) Honestly, many of the common questions have been answered numerous times on the boards and can be found in the HowTo Section or BB 101 Lecture Series... just n00bs don't know where to look! haha
    I don't think it's always a case of not knowing where (or how) to look, there's also the question of being able to recognize the information you're looking for when you see it. For example, if I'm loosing all my call logs I might not recognize that a thread entitled "Memory Optimization" has the information I need to solve my problem. On the other hand if the there was a trouble-shooting thread entitled "Missing Call Logs", I'd know right away that I'd found what I was looking for.

IMO a trouble-shooting forum sounds like a great idea.
    09-05-08 03:09 PM
    This is SUCH a great idea. I will have to come up with a list of ideas - there's so much!!!
    09-05-08 05:14 PM
    Hmmm... I don't know on this one. I think a newbie with a "crisis"
    will still post in the various forums. The only people who will really
    know this exist are those who have been around a bit.

Great idea to consolidate all the info in one place, I am just
    not sure if it will reach it's intended target.

Gotta think on this.......
    09-05-08 05:23 PM
    Another one to add... "How do I delete multiple messages at once??"

I answer that one at least 2 times a day!!

Will add more when I come across them
    09-05-08 07:02 PM
    Great idea mate, should cut down on the first time user questions!
    09-06-08 03:21 AM
    Good stuff so far .. I have a good deal to work with and like I said, I can't cover everything - but will try to pack in as much as possible. Keep em comin!
    09-06-08 09:07 AM
    A couple more for the masses :

1) Provide a link to Keyboard Shortcuts!! People always ask about page up/down, etc. (the link in my signature is good)

2) How to "mass delete" messages! (Either Menu > Delete Prior or the Highlight + Delete)
    09-08-08 11:39 AM
    Here are a few more:

1) Separate SMS/MMS from Email messages folder
    2) How to enable mass storage mode.
    3) How to add BBM contacts.
    09-08-08 11:48 AM

3) How to add BBM contacts.
    DEFINITELY. If I had a quarter for everytime this has been asked. BTW, great job with the trouble shooting idea.
    09-08-08 11:54 AM
    And one more:

I just upgraded and now my browser icon is missing. Granted this
    one will reduce my post count by about 68.47% but it's all yours.
    09-08-08 12:05 PM
    The difference between sending service books and registering a device. Often someone will need to send service books and they will be told how to register a device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-08 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD