I hope this hasn't been covered too many times before....

I am not having any luck using my gps with bb maps or google maps. Bb maps takes forever to locate me and google puts me in such a big radius that its not even worth it.

I read the tip about downloading the free trial of Garmin and that seems to be a quick fix. I downloaded it and Garmin can't even locate me. I had it running for while I was on the road for an hour and a half and it never picked me up.

Are there any kind of settings that I can check on my phone to make sure I can get a gps signal?

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 06:08 PM
    The 8300 does not have a built in GPS. Google Maps has the ability to use the cell tower location to estimate your location in the absence of a gps.

If you want to use gps capabilities, you will need to purchase a bluetooth gps puck.
    11-13-09 07:04 PM
    Your post said you have an 8300, but your profile indicates you have an 8330. Which is it? 8300 does not have an internal gps, but an 8330 does.

If you have an 8330, make sure your gps is turned on. Go to Options/advaced/gps. Make sure Location is ON, not 911 Only.
    11-13-09 07:06 PM
    Yeah, my bad I have a 8330. I checked the options and my location is set to on. Still no luck...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD