So I went to a website on my blackberry, and a popup said that my system is at danger and should download Antivirus 2009. I know the dangers of Antivirus and have removed it from 2 computers at my organization. However, I am not sure what can happen on a blackberry.

It's been running slower since the popup. Is there a diagnostic I can run? I backed up my blackberry before I updated the OS. Should I just restore the "image" and start fresh?

Thanks
    12-08-08 04:13 PM
    This is a very good question..its hasn't happened yet on my blackberry but it didn't happen on my computer...damn thing took me 5 hours to completely remove!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 04:15 PM
    There are no viruses for blackberry. Pull your battery out for 30 seconds with the phone on this will clear your cache.

12-08-08 04:15 PM
    What blueberry said BB doesn't have the same registry and file system as windows.

12-08-08 04:18 PM
    Another reason why I love my blackberry!!!

12-08-08 04:25 PM
    also try holding ALT the hitting L,G,L,G then hit the blacking berry button and clear the logs.
    12-08-08 04:34 PM
    a popup said that my system is at danger ...
    LOL, what a sales pitch, if you get this message, you could also get a virus.

I is most likely aimed at Windows users, they are the fertile breeding grounds of most virus.

BlackBerry is immune to anything targeted at Windows. It is possible to craft a malicious program for BlackBerry, but it would have to be installed. It can not infect by taking advantage of security hole, their are none.

If you notice your Browser running slowly, pull the battery and try it again.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-08-08 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD