First things first.. I'm not bashing OS7 as i do have love for it and it did serve me well. However, I can't deny the fact that for my usage preference.. it is well behind the curve and I would not recommend it to anyone who wants a hassle free and smooth mobile phone experience.

Dunno about you but to those that say os10 is going backward for BlackBerry.. Ya'll are really clueless.

Just tried to use my wife's Bold to update her BBM.. she's got like only 3 or so third party apps and guess what.. the spinning clock of death been running for like the last two minutes. Do you guy's know how annoying that is after using a phone that never ever freezes? I really can't blame ios and android users who told me the same thing all those years but still I refused to listen. Basically.. not even gonna bother cos I know I'll get the spinning clock again when I unlock the phone go into BlackBerry World.. slow download speed then on top of all that I'll have to reboot the phone after install. Smfh..

Word to the wise, put your emotions and fanboyism is aside and upgrade today. Deal with the learning curve and after a week or two you'll never go back. Change is good.. embrace it!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BlackB_G; 07-15-13 at 06:37 AM.
    07-15-13 02:09 AM
    But I wouldn't call it a complete step forward either. There are still things that BBOS devices does better without a doubt. Like the combination of the trackpad with keyboard shortcuts makes it super easy and fast to edit text. Email capabilities BB10 is still lacking in remote search (though confirmed to be coming in 10.2). Some apps are available natively on BBOS but not BB10. LIke Endomondo is native on BBOS and BBM Connected. Like Spotify. And importantly banking apps. It's not just about the learning curve. I used a Z10 for 3 months, and I still feel this way.

Personally, I would definitely prefer BB10 over BBOS, but it's not that simple for everyone. Generalising users who still prefer BBOS with just "Emotions" and "Fanboyism" doesn't help anyone. There are definitely still things that BBOS does better than BB10, and some users love their BlackBerry devices for those things.

Of course learning a new OS is part of the equation, but it is not everything. There are features that are simply missing in BB10 that were in BBOS. This is something BBRY needs to address as the consumers most likely to give BB10 a try are existing BBOS users, not iOS or Android users. BBRY sold more BBOS devices than BB10 devices last quarter, that says something.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    07-15-13 02:25 AM
    There's nothing that BBOS does that's worth not moving to BB10. That's just my opinion. Yours differs.. great. I've got no problem with that. That track pad issue is not that big a deal. You are human.. we adapt better than any species that walks the earth which is why we are where we are today. To belittle ourselves and say things like the trackpad this and trackpad that only so you can remain on an OS that is killing the company you claim to love makes no sense. The benefits of OS10 faaaaaaaar outweigh and trackpad or native Endomondo excuse. Endomondo is already on bb10. An Android port but done for BlackBerry by the company itself.. just like Skype did and the features and capabilities are more advanced than the bbos version.

Each to his/her own though but man.. I'm never going back to a spinning clock and reboots as long as there are better choices out there.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BlackB_G; 07-15-13 at 05:48 AM.
    ajst222, Alex_Hong and ibpluto like this.
    07-15-13 03:22 AM
    But I wouldn't call it a complete step forward either. There are still things that BBOS devices does better without a doubt. Like the combination of the trackpad with keyboard shortcuts makes it super easy and fast to edit text. Email capabilities BB10 is still lacking in remote search (though confirmed to be coming in 10.2). Some apps are available natively on BBOS but not BB10. LIke Endomondo is native on BBOS and BBM Connected. Like Spotify. And importantly banking apps. It's not just about the learning curve. I used a Z10 for 3 months, and I still feel this way.

Personally, I would definitely prefer BB10 over BBOS, but it's not that simple for everyone. Generalising users who still prefer BBOS with just "Emotions" and "Fanboyism" doesn't help anyone. There are definitely still things that BBOS does better than BB10, and some users love their BlackBerry devices for those things.

Of course learning a new OS is part of the equation, but it is not everything. There are features that are simply missing in BB10 that were in BBOS. This is something BBRY needs to address as the consumers most likely to give BB10 a try are existing BBOS users, not iOS or Android users. BBRY sold more BBOS devices than BB10 devices last quarter, that says something.
    Remote search is on 10.2 using it right now just adding that to thread.

I used bbs through my teen years for bbm, text, email ,etc. i.e communication.

Due to toast notifications, and the instant w.e it called (u know, press search type text contact and tap) the Z10 is a better communicator than the bold 9900/torch 9810 I had before.

There's no reason to go to bbos, and my only hope is that BB10 survives as it is vastly better than Droid/Ios. Awaiting a quad core BB to switch next year or the year after from my trusty Z10.
    anon3230140 likes this.
    07-15-13 03:56 AM
    The improvements from OS 7 to BB10 is huge! I could never go back it wouldn't make any sense. I understand the lack of track pad and BlackBerry buttons but the new OS doesn't need these any more to operated. I

I can navigate around my Q10 faster than any older OS that blackberry has. Its the "change" no one likes to change but it's inevitable.

Posted via CB10
    anon3230140, Alex_Hong and ajst222 like this.
    07-15-13 05:35 AM
    No thank you.

Dunno about you but to those that say os10 is going backward for BlackBerry.. Ya'll are really clueless.

Just tried to use my wife's Bold to update her BBM.. she's got like only 3 or so third party apps and guess what.. the spinning clock of death been running for like the last two minutes. Do you guy's know how annoying that is after using a phone that never ever freezes? I really can't blame ios and android users who told me the same thing all those years but still I refused to listen. Basically.. not even gonna bother cos I know I'll get the spinning clock again when I unlock the phone go into BlackBerry World.. slow download speed then on top of all that I'll have to reboot the phone after install. Smfh..

Word to the wise, put your emotions and fanboyism is aside and upgrade today. Deal with the learning curve and after a week or two you'll never go back. Change is good.. embrace it!

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 06:35 AM
    No thank you.
    Oh man as I was reading this thread, I just knew you would show up haha

Posted via CB10
    anon3230140 and scorpiodsu like this.
    07-15-13 06:45 AM
    Oh man as I was reading this thread, I just knew you would show up haha

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, right back at you lol, I knew you'd have to comment.
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    07-15-13 06:49 AM
    Multi picture sending over BBM would be nice
    07-15-13 07:43 AM
    Not everyone have the same problem as your wife. My bold 9900 worked perfectly fine. I installed an app that helped my spinning clock of death. The browser was quick and smooth. So no, if someone is fine with their current os7 then they have no reason to upgrade to bb10

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 09:56 AM
    Not everyone have the same problem as your wife. My bold 9900 worked perfectly fine. I installed an app that helped my spinning clock of death. The browser was quick and smooth. So no, if someone is fine with their current os7 then they have no reason to upgrade to bb10

Posted via CB10
    I have never had the spinning clock on my 9900 - yet. What App are you talking about ?
    07-15-13 10:05 AM
    I agree with that, coming from a Bold 9900 to the Q10 I missed some features at first but don't notice anymore. Q10 is awesome. My Bold 9900 was laggy for some reason, probably needed an OS reload/update but I didn't have a computer to do it. After a few days on the Q10 I don't think there is any going back and I really really liked my Bold 9900 too!
    07-15-13 10:40 AM
    As long as you have a BB OS7 phone and below.. I can assure you, you do have that problem. I came from a Curve 8520, Curve 9360, Torch 9810 and finally a Torch 9860 so I'm not talking like I don't have personal experience with it. Note... I loved those phones and still do.

I tried all the memory cleaning/ garbage collection apps from stand alone ones to the one included in Advance OS & LED and the like and also the in built memory cleaner. You know what was the most annoying thing about them? While they we're supposed to be cleaning your memory or whatever... guess what... the Spinning Clock pops up. Quite contradictory if you ask me.

Can't tell you how many times I wanted to do something real quick and bam... just like this morning.. the clock of death or a total freeze then I have to remove the battery. Even if it only happens occasionally.. it is those moments of unreliability that used to make me afraid to just pull out my phone to do stuff. Kinda caused me some anxiety that I never knew I had until I upgraded to the z10.

For me it's not even worth the back and forth argument. i've been on both sides so I know where i'd rather be.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BlackB_G; 07-18-13 at 09:21 AM.
    07-15-13 11:03 AM
    As long as you have a BB OS7 phone and below.. I can assure you, you do have that problem. I came from a Curve 8520, Torch 9810 and finally a Torch 9860 so I'm not talking like I don't have personal experience with it. Note... I loved those phones and still do.

I tried all the memory cleaning/ garbage collection apps from stand alone ones to the one included in Advance OS & LED and the like and also the in built memory cleaner. You know what was the most annoying thing about them? While they we're supposed to be cleaning your memory or whatever... guess what... the Spinning Clock pops up. Quite contradictory if you ask me.

Can't tell you how many times I wanted to do something real quick and bam... just like this morning.. the clock of death or a total freeze then I have to remove the battery. Even if it only happens occasionally.. it is those moments of unreliability that used to make me afraid to just pull out my phone to do stuff. Kinda caused me some anxiety that I never knew I had until I upgraded to the z10.

For me it's not even worth the back and forth argument. i've been on both sides so I know where i'd rather be.
    So in your opinion, why do you think people have put up with the spinning clock and just kept using Legacy while iPhone and androids were available at the same prices? When BB10 came out why do you think Legacy users didn't make the change?

Do you think that perhaps regardless the occasionally spinning clock, Legacy has some features that make users hold on to their aging Legacy device? Surely there must be a logical explanation for why Legacy users are not making the change to BB10 other then the fear of change.
    07-15-13 11:12 AM
    So in your opinion, why do you think people have put up with the spinning clock and just kept using Legacy while iPhone and androids were available at the same prices? When BB10 came out why do you think Legacy users didn't make the change?
    Because people have blind loyalty and are steadfast on not using products made by Apple or
    Google. Because some of those users (as evidenced on Crackberry) were willing to wait and
    see what new product Blackberry had to offer with BB10.

I can understand people not wanting to let go of some of the features that Legacy devices have
    to offer though. I just think it's more product loyalty and belittled opinions about other companies.
    07-15-13 12:44 PM
    I use Quickpull. I can set a time on it to restart my phone. I would do it during I sleep everyday. Therefore, helps my phone perform at top notch. I don't see the spinning clock anymore.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 12:56 PM

Do you think that perhaps regardless the occasionally spinning clock, Legacy has some features that make users hold on to their aging Legacy device? Surely there must be a logical explanation for why Legacy users are not making the change to BB10 other then the fear of change.
    I think a good majority of legacy users are frugal and as long as their phone isn't broken they will keep on. In some countries data plan costs are what is keeping BBOS alive. In both cases, BBOS owners are not much interested in Apps and surfing the internet. They basically use their BBOS device as a phone and for e-mails and texts. The 9900 is OK on the net, just not great. I can't imagine using a Curve to surf the net and yet it still sells in the UK.

The 9900 is just as expensive as the Z10 (more or less) . You would think that BB would improve this phone if they continue to sell it at such a high price.
    07-15-13 12:59 PM