Just noticed that Justin Bieber's new album will be released the 29th (seems to be a GMT date ?) but fits with Crackberry countdown you can see on the CB front page.

So girls and boyz, let's use it massively whenever we promote BB10 !!!!
    Just add the #xxDAYS (example : #18DAYS for today) tag to your BB10 related Tweets and promote virtually to MILLIONS of readers !

Goooooooooooooooooooooo !!!
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-11-13 at 12:27 PM. Reason: 18, you dumb !!!
    G-bone and Gerii like this.
    01-11-13 12:25 PM
    Haha! That's sneaky but awesome. Hopefully blackberry fans won't get confused and start... Never mind.
    Superfly_FR and mithrazor like this.
    01-11-13 12:32 PM
    You're reaching on this one.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    01-11-13 12:35 PM
    You're reaching on this one.
    (not sure, but I believe this is not a compliment ...)
    Just coincidential, not even tricky.
    Trend Hastag to promote BB10 launch Thanks to Justin Bieber !!!-capture.png
    Lehomer, Dapper37 and Vorkosigan like this.
    01-11-13 12:39 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	429 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	130932
    You know Mon Ami, I must admit this is a great plan!
    01-11-13 01:29 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	429 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	130932
    I'm not questioning the accuracy of your calculations, sir, only the need (by someone who has repeatedly trumpeted that they own RIM stock) to try co-opting the Beliebers in a bid to make up numbers for a potential groundswell in BB10 sales. And on top of that, trying to recruit CrackBerry members into helping you along by posting this thread.

No thank you.
    01-11-13 01:53 PM
    Let the beliebers know Blackberry is Canadian like Justin so they want it. I think hes even from Stratford which is half an hour from us here in the tri-cities
    Last edited by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes; 01-11-13 at 02:38 PM.
    pmccartney and Toodeurep like this.
    01-11-13 02:27 PM
    I'm not questioning the accuracy of your calculations, sir, only the need (by someone who has repeatedly trumpeted that they own RIM stock) to try co-opting the Beliebers in a bid to make up numbers for a potential groundswell in BB10 sales. And on top of that, trying to recruit CrackBerry members into helping you along by posting this thread.

No thank you.
    You say that like it's a BAD thing
    01-11-13 02:37 PM
    I do not use twitter but get in there and promote it. Did I just hear someone say justin is excited to be buying a bb10?
    01-11-13 03:35 PM
    "beliebers"
    I see what you did there.
    01-11-13 03:45 PM
    Let the beliebers know Blackberry is Canadian like Justin so they want it. I think hes even from Stratford which is half an hour from us here in the tri-cities
    And he switched from a BlackBerry to an iPhone.
    01-11-13 03:52 PM
    And he switched from a BlackBerry to an iPhone.
    noooo!!
    01-11-13 03:53 PM
    You don't have to address his fans directly. It could be as simple as something like, "So excited for #BlackBerry10! I can't wait! #19days left... #BB10Believe"...? Right? Is that how you do it? I've never 'Tweeted' before.

Hey, it's not like there's some sort of rule saying we can't use certain hashtags. I remember #BB10 was referring to some sort of TV show (Breaking Bad? I don't know...), and it kept getting mixed up with BlackBerry tweets.
    01-11-13 04:07 PM
    Alright. Operation BB10 countdown hijack is going to be awesome.

I just posted:

#Blackberry #countdown #BB10 will be launched in #18Days So excited to see what #RIMM will show us. #BB10Believe ! #Believe
    The following hastags were common to Justin Bieber's tweets
    #countdown
    #18Days
    #Believe

Heh heh. Lets see if we can stir up some commotion
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-11-13 04:33 PM
    You say that like it's a BAD thing
    LOL! Conflicts of interest notwithstanding, the inherent dishonesty in "c'mon guys lets all go do this!" kind of cheerleading invariably makes me question the source. Marketing is a grand tool, but I have no need to be bludgeoned about the head with it.

To each his own, right?
    01-11-13 04:40 PM

No thank you.
    Aren't you making nodes with your brain ? Or maybe I miss something ?

WTF have it to do with my stocks ???
    Do you pretend Justin Bieber fans are manipulating the stock value ???
    Someone is seriously wrong here or I have a language problem ? Or you don't know what a Twitter trend is ?
    Or ???

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-11-13 04:41 PM
    You don't have to address his fans directly. It could be as simple as something like, "So excited for #BlackBerry10! I can't wait! #19days left... #BB10Believe"...? Right? Is that how you do it? I've never 'Tweeted' before.

Hey, it's not like there's some sort of rule saying we can't use certain hashtags. I remember #BB10 was referring to some sort of TV show (Breaking Bad? I don't know...), and it kept getting mixed up with BlackBerry tweets.
    yep, whatever you tweet, if you add the hashtag #18DAYS in your tweet, you will benefit of a large number of twitter users screening this "Trend" witch is a word that is used in Tweeter language and means "most used hashtag" ( I believe some didn't get it lol)

01-11-13 04:46 PM
    Trying to use the Bieber related hashtag to get attention to BB : pathetic. When a developer wrote somewhere that he had noticed a reference to a newer iOS, iPhone6 was in TT within hours.
    That's what everybody should be aiming at, not making RIM look ridiculously desperate.
    01-11-13 04:47 PM
    I couldn't agree more. I'm surely not a fan of JB but my (soon to be) 13 year old daughter sure is. She already would like a BB10 (perhaps a little fatherly influence) but if JB gets a BB10 you can be sure that +50 million kids/teens will take notice and a good portion will want BB10 too.
    Lighten up and have fun.
    01-11-13 04:51 PM
    LOL! Conflicts of interest notwithstanding, the inherent dishonesty in "c'mon guys lets all go do this!" kind of cheerleading invariably makes me question the source. Marketing is a grand tool, but I have no need to be bludgeoned about the head with it.

To each his own, right?
    Not sure I understand, again. But about the source, just pick random threads in my little history, you might get a fair idea of my intentions around here. If you are lazy, then ask or alert moderators, even call the police if you really feel in danger. lol thought it was a missunderstanding, can't believe it's true :?

01-11-13 04:54 PM
    I couldn't agree more. I'm surely not a fan of JB but my (soon to be) 13 year old daughter sure is. She already would like a BB10 (perhaps a little fatherly influence) but if JB gets a BB10 you can be sure that +50 million kids/teens will take notice and a good portion will want BB10 too.
    Lighten up and have fun.
    Thank you. This sums up very well.

01-11-13 04:57 PM

To each his own, right?
    I get what you mean. I wouldn't want to hijack something with some arguable cultural importance, like, say, a visit from Bishop Tutu, but to me, this is just a relatively non-intrusive hack into Bieb's fanbase. Hard to see the harm there.
    01-11-13 04:58 PM
    Dang. Some of you act as if they are hurting somebody by this.

I think people do this kind of thing all the time for all kinds of things.
    pmccartney and Superfly_FR like this.
    01-11-13 04:59 PM
    Trying to use the Bieber related hashtag to get attention to BB : pathetic. When a developer wrote somewhere that he had noticed a reference to a newer iOS, iPhone6 was in TT within hours.
    That's what everybody should be aiming at, not making RIM look ridiculously desperate.
    waisting your time posting this is ?????
    I have over 2K TW on my account, mostly BB related (say over 95%) You name me pathetic, but you do not seem aware of very usual social marketing techniques. No problem, but chill out and don't get personal & rude, please. Thank you.

And now, just ask yourself : the newer iOS TW (witch never made a trend BTW) was more likely viewed by what type of TW users ? 13 yo pop fans ? Or hardcore geeks ?
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-11-13 at 05:43 PM.
    01-11-13 05:08 PM
    I get what you mean. I wouldn't want to hijack something with some arguable cultural importance, like, say, a visit from Bishop Tutu, but to me, this is just a relatively non-intrusive hack into Bieb's fanbase. Hard to see the harm there.
    Yep, just noticed it as I hashing "18 days before #BlackBerry10 launch" to "#18Days before #Blackberry launch"
    Call the financial police, the FBI ... or ... your mama ?
    01-11-13 05:39 PM
31 12