This is an amazing application (free of charge) that works on BlackBerrys, Android, iPhones, and other cell phone devices. (phone must have built-in GPS preferably but not a must as you can still see the speed traps on the map)

To install, simply visit Speed Trap Sharing System - Trapster from your BlackBerry (or any other phone) and download it. You will need to register an account and login via the application to be able to use it and properly report speed traps.

Review:

Downloaded the application and ran it. Please note that I live in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, so if it works here, then chances are very high that it will work in your country too.

Maps are downloaded constantly as you are moving, fast and accurate, similar to BB Maps I would say.

Speed Traps, Trapster has many speed traps, traffic light cameras, suspected areas where police cars usually park to catch traffic violators.

It works in real time and alerts you well ahead in time before you approach the speed trap or if you are approaching a Traffic Light which has a camera for catching people who cross the red light (which is a major traffic offense in many countries)

So you must be wondering by now....what if the police place a new speed trap that isn't registered on Trapster? Well, fear not, if you happen to spot any new speed trap, simple highlight that spot on the map, and broadcast the message that this location has a speed trap, traffic light camera, or if you notice that cop cars are usually lurking around that spot. After you broadcast the message, all users on Trapster will also have this update and will be informed about the newly detected Radar by you!

This is more like a community. Likewise, if you happen to come across a spot which is marked as speed trap, but has been removed, you can also broadcast a message that it is no longer valid.

Very cool application that actually works and is FREE.

If you have a touch screen device, reporting a newly detected radar is even easier as you don't even need to scroll to the location on the map and get distracted while driving, all you have to do is touch that spot with your finger and broadcast it. (lucky you Torch owners and Storm owners)

Tip: I have disabled the option in the settings which keeps the backlight of the BB always on as this sucks your battery, the voice alerts are more than enough, loud and clear, you can also disable the vibration options.

Additionally, I have disabled the traffic lights camera options as I never intend to cross a red light and it is very annoying when the guy yells before every traffic light, "Red light camera!"

Enjoy
    01-05-11 11:18 AM
    Thanks for the love. Want to get special moderator privileges? Want to help beta test new versions of the application? Apply to become a Trapster moderator today! Trapster� - Moderator Request Form

-Sean
    01-05-11 04:12 PM
    Thanks for the love. Want to get special moderator privileges? Want to help beta test new versions of the application? Apply to become a Trapster moderator today! Trapster� - Moderator Request Form

-Sean
    This is weird. I tried to register and it keep saying "Username Does Not Exist".

Is this normal?
    01-05-11 04:39 PM

-Sean
    Thanks for the offer Sean, I'm too busy with CrackBerry so I wouldn't be taking it at the moment.

A quick question for you, does Trapster work without Google Maps / BlackBerry Maps installed on the phone? Or does it rely on any one of those applications to function? A user on the forums here asked me this question but I wasn't able to answer him as I always have Google Maps and BlackBerry maps installed
    01-05-11 04:52 PM
    This is weird. I tried to register and it keep saying "Username Does Not Exist".

Is this normal?
    You must be doing something wrong bro. Try again.

PS: When I registered I registered from my computer. Don't know if you are doing the same or trying to register directly from your BB, just give it another shot Well worth it
    01-05-11 04:53 PM

Is this normal?
    I looked at this recently, the setup info on the website is confusing. I might be wrong, but it looks like you must setup a trapster "account" and username/email *before* you configure the app on your phone. I think this needs to be done on the website rather than your phone.

I keep meaning to test the app, I will get around to it... one day...
    01-05-11 05:27 PM
    I looked at this recently, the setup info on the website is confusing. I might be wrong, but it looks like you must setup a trapster "account" and username/email *before* you configure the app on your phone. I think this needs to be done on the website rather than your phone.

I keep meaning to test the app, I will get around to it... one day...
    There you go Reginald, Branta answered your question I guess. Try registering from your Computer
    01-05-11 05:35 PM
    I just recently started using Trapster this year. I was wondering because I've had a few instance where police would be on a site {fights, stolen car, etc} but not actually running traps. Seeing is how I felt there location should be posted I wasn't sure what to post that under? Another question is about how to handle known enforcement zones? I don't even have my settings configured to alert me when going though a KEZ due to them being so rare that it's actually being enforced at any given time. However on that rare occasion where I do see a KEZ being enforced I'm not sure if I should post a moblie speed camera over a KEZ?

What is it that you guys would do, how would you handle this or what would you expect of these situations?
    02-19-11 03:30 AM
    Thanks for the offer Sean, I'm too busy with CrackBerry so I wouldn't be taking it at the moment.

A quick question for you, does Trapster work without Google Maps / BlackBerry Maps installed on the phone? Or does it rely on any one of those applications to function? A user on the forums here asked me this question but I wasn't able to answer him as I always have Google Maps and BlackBerry maps installed
    Take a little break, and check out the blogs. Therers some grreat reveiws there.

http://crackberry.com/review-trapster-4-0-blackberry
    02-19-11 05:45 AM
    Thank you sir Will do
    02-19-11 07:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD