I own my BB and corporation reimburses me. They do not have corporate BB server. We use goodlink. There is a rumor that they are trapping all the sms text and IM's we are sending. Is this possible?
    07-09-08 04:56 PM
    define "trapping". blocking or recording?

but yes, you can do both.
    07-09-08 04:58 PM
    I own my BB and corporation reimburses me. They do not have corporate BB server. We use goodlink. There is a rumor that they are trapping all the sms text and IM's we are sending. Is this possible?
    Basically, if you are not using BES to communicate with your own behind your corporate firewall, then you should consider your connect not secure because someone else's server is able to see your message in the clear.

If you need to communicate securely, you'll need to get on a BES server hosted on your own secure LAN.

In general, if you send a message on the net, then you best imagine if it would be ok in four inch high letters on a slide in court. =)
    07-09-08 05:04 PM
    Thanks, I figured that they were getting wise when they forced us all to download a new software for "security"....guess it is time to get a another blackberry for my private conversations.

Thanks!
    07-09-08 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD