Ok, i have my wifes phone under my bluetooth. And when i go to a ringtone or pick and hit send using bluetooth, then hit her phone, the pic or ringtone goes somewhere, but where? It has a bar come up that says file transfer, and it transfers it, but she never gets anything. Someone said something about a code, but my phone never asks me for one. What am i doing wrong??? Hopefully someone can shine some lite! Thanks in advance!
    07-23-08 03:40 PM
    start with deleting your paired devices, then re-add, them
    07-23-08 07:00 PM
    Does your wife have a BB too?
    07-23-08 07:08 PM
    she has a voyager 10000 from verizon. It found hers, but i cant transfer anything. it looks like it goes somewhere, but who knows...lol she never gets anything.
    07-23-08 07:29 PM
    Hi, I'm a newbie to BB & not sure if this applies to all BB's. I have a 8830 from Sprint & they cannot transfer any type of file. The just don't have the correct bluetooth services to do this. I believe the service need to transfer files is "OBEX". The only services available on my device is Headset, Handsfree, DUN, Audio Source & A/V remote control target.
    08-03-08 11:00 PM
    Ok, i have my wifes phone under my bluetooth. And when i go to a ringtone or pick and hit send using bluetooth, then hit her phone, the pic or ringtone goes somewhere, but where? It has a bar come up that says file transfer, and it transfers it, but she never gets anything. Someone said something about a code, but my phone never asks me for one. What am i doing wrong??? Hopefully someone can shine some lite! Thanks in advance!
    try disabling encryption and resend. The other phone may not support your berry different file formats. I have had issues w/ transferring things to and fro from certain phones that are not bb's.
    08-04-08 04:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD