i've got a BB curve 8520---been using it for a year... just got a new BB curve 8520 for work and I want to transfer all the contacts from the old one to the new one-----can this be done? If so what is the easiest way?
    Thanks!
    01-05-11 05:42 AM
    If your carrier can't/won't do it for you for some reason (e.g. if you didn't buy the phone from them), you should be able to use Desktop Manager's "Switch Devices" function to transfer the contacts.
    01-05-11 05:45 AM
    You can also use Google Sync... it's free and pretty easy.
    01-05-11 06:04 AM
    If your carrier can't/won't do it for you for some reason (e.g. if you didn't buy the phone from them), you should be able to use Desktop Manager's "Switch Devices" function to transfer the contacts.

This, Just did it last night and if worked great!
    01-05-11 07:20 AM
    As noted, the Switch Devices not only swaps contact #s, but also Profiles, settings, etc. Makes a swap nearly effortless.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-11 08:07 AM
    i used Blackberry Desktop Manager to transfer between Blackberry's
    01-05-11 03:19 PM
    Perhaps i'm doing something wrong...but when i did the swap it seemed to put absolutely everything from my old blackberry onto the new one---i don't want that because the settings on the new one are slightly different.
    Is there no way to simply transfer the address book from the old one to the new one? essentially thats all i want to do...
    01-07-11 05:19 PM
    Perhaps i'm doing something wrong...but when i did the swap it seemed to put absolutely everything from my old blackberry onto the new one---i don't want that because the settings on the new one are slightly different.
    Is there no way to simply transfer the address book from the old one to the new one? essentially thats all i want to do...
    Sync the old phone to Outlook Contacts then sync back to the new one.
    01-07-11 07:00 PM
    Use the Advanced Options in the Restore section. It will list the contents of your bb and the contents of a recent backup by selecting File-Open. . You can then uncheck each database you do not want to be transferred.

01-07-11 07:13 PM
    Use the Advanced Options in the Restore section. It will list the contents of your bb and the contents of a recent backup by selecting File-Open. . You can then uncheck each database you do not want to be transferred.

Do this. Make a new backup of your current BB, and use advanced restore option to pick only the contact database or whichever other ones you want.
    01-07-11 09:19 PM
    Oddly, the Advanced Restore is not offering Address Book-All. I'm trying to get my full list of contacts from my old Bold 9000 to my new Bold 9900. It says "dimmed entries are read-only data types and cannot be restored"!

The address book didn't transfer when I did a Switch Devices synch...
    11-19-11 11:27 AM
    11-12-16 06:51 AM
    Google would love you to do that... :-D

  "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D  
    11-13-16 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD