Hey guys,

Just a quick question, my friend is borrowing my BlackBerry 9900 and she doesn't have BIS, she only uses wifi.

I was wondering, how can she transfer her contacts from Gmail to the phone? I know if you had BIS it would automatically download upon creating the email on the phone but since this option is not available, what can be a good alternative?

I browsed Gmail/Google there doesn't seem to be an app for BlackBerry for that... Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,
    J
    10-09-12 12:11 PM
    Not sure if it possible without an email address.
    10-09-12 01:27 PM
    Google for BlackBerry

If you go to m.google.com on the device, you can download Google Sync. This will sync Google Calendar and Contact items to the phone.
    10-09-12 02:39 PM
    I tried doing that, the Sync application doesn't work on BlackBerries for some reason...
    10-09-12 02:53 PM
    It does work, I use it on my 9350.

Did you sign in, go into the settings for the app and check off to sync contacts?
    10-09-12 04:46 PM
    google sync is no longer available for download for blackberry, check tthread in the apps forum for an alternate download source.
    10-10-12 02:04 AM
    i am not sure with OS7.1 (since i'm still on OS6 on my 9800) but I'm pretty sure its easy to do.

I'm not sure if the instructions are the same for yours, but what I'll do is type message, then go to message options, then it goes synchronizing your email (where it says please key in your email and pass,

1) Do that. Insert email and pass)
    2) once its done, click that again, but full press the menu button, and edit it.
    3) look for synchronization options
    It should have calender, contacts, and deleted items. Check that.
    4) save

I think you may have to make that gmail as your primary email add when sending messages too.
    1) go to messages
    2) go to options within messages
    3) check email preferences (check that your gmail is the primary one)

set.
    10-10-12 03:41 AM
    i am not sure with OS7.1 (since i'm still on OS6 on my 9800) but I'm pretty sure its easy to do.

I'm not sure if the instructions are the same for yours, but what I'll do is type message, then go to message options, then it goes synchronizing your email (where it says please key in your email and pass,

1) Do that. Insert email and pass)
    2) once its done, click that again, but full press the menu button, and edit it.
    3) look for synchronization options
    It should have calender, contacts, and deleted items. Check that.
    4) save

I think you may have to make that gmail as your primary email add when sending messages too.
    1) go to messages
    2) go to options within messages
    3) check email preferences (check that your gmail is the primary one)

set.
    ^^ this wont work without blackberry service
    10-10-12 05:40 AM
    google sync is no longer available for download for blackberry, check tthread in the apps forum for an alternate download source.
    That's interesting. I just downloaded it within the last 2 weeks, so maybe I got it right before they removed it.
    10-10-12 09:53 AM