Hey guys, I've got a quick question for you.

I'm with MTS and they charge you $42 to swap service from one phone to another, HOWEVER the storm and tour have sim cards... but are still primarly on the CDMA network right?

Am i right to assume that even if I have both phones, swapping sim cards from the storm to the tour WONT result in swapping of service too? because both phones are on the CDMA network of MTS?

Ugh if so that would be a pain in the ***.

EDIT: Spelling
    11-08-09 05:13 AM
    That's insane that they charge you. I wonder if you van do it yourself at their BIS site?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 05:21 AM
    The SIM cards in those devices only work on GSM networks. If the devices are active on a CDMA network, moving the SIM cards between devices has no effect.
    11-08-09 06:32 AM
    Actually I think I can swap services using the BIS website! That's how it's done right??

Anothing quick question, If I have a blackberry (8330) from another CDMA Canadian company (Telus), could I still swap service using the BIS website even if i'm MTS?

Note: They both sell the 8330
    11-08-09 12:58 PM
    Most CDMA carriers will not activate devices from other carriers on their network. You would need to inquire with Telus to see if they will allow the device to be activated on their network.

And yes, you can swap the BIS services on the BIS website, but you would still need to do an ESN swap with the carrier in the case of a CDMA network.
    11-08-09 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD