Hey guys, im not really optermistic about this questiong but ill ask away anyways.

I know there is a way of transfering PIN to PIN between Blackberrys.

But is there a way of getting my OLD PIN back and use it on my NEW phone without having my old phone with me ?

To help my sistuation is i have my new company phone which is a blackberry and i would like it to have my pin of my old personal phone which i no longer have possesion off.

Any sugestions ?

Now i have a valid excuse to be on CB haha.
    07-07-10 09:58 AM
    The PIN number is unique to every BlackBerry. There is no provision for changing it in the field. Can you imagine the havoc that would result if multiple people decided to use the same PIN number?

07-07-10 10:05 AM
    The PIN number is unique to every BlackBerry. There is no provision for changing it in the field. Can you imagine the havoc that would result if multiple people decided to use the same PIN number?

Sorry, i didnt mean change it to anything you like, i mean to a PIN you already owned for the redundent phone.

Like a transfer. I thought you could.
    07-07-10 10:09 AM
    The PIN is hard-coded to each device. It cannot be changed. It's not *your* ID, it's your *BlackBerry's* device-specific ID. In fact, it should probably be called a DIN, not a PIN.
    07-07-10 10:13 AM
    If the original device has been retired (destroyed), there would be no conflict. There would also be no control over the selection of PIN numbers.
    07-07-10 10:15 AM
    Cool, well thats that then lol.

Although im sure you can transfer contacts etc. That may be just the contacts not the PIN. Just me getting confused i think.

Thanks.
    07-07-10 10:16 AM
    If you still have the original BlackBerry, you can use the Switch Device Wizard to move all of your contact to the new device. It updates your contacts with your new PIN number without them ever knowing it has changed.

Unfortunatly, you need to have both on hand for this to work.
    07-07-10 10:18 AM
    Only RIM would be able to do that and I have never heard of them doing it for people. HOWEVER the RIM servers keep track of PIN changes and can handle automatically transfering your whole BBM list to the new PIN, they have gotten quite good at it since 5.0. If the main thing you are looking for is your BBM contact list, no worries the RIM server will transfer it for you. Now PIN to PIN messages you are out of luck, BUT truthfully who does many PIN to PIN when you got BBM?
    07-07-10 10:33 AM
    Thanks for clearing all that up for me
    07-08-10 02:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD