View Poll Results: 'Ecosystems'

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like transferable

4 66.67%
  • I like to choose one platform and stick with it

2 33.33%
    Another poster brought up the idea of our ecosystems being portable between different platforms. I think thats a great idea.

Who else likes that idea or do you like being locked in with one device maker?
    05-30-12 12:27 AM
    killin it so far! haha
    05-30-12 04:48 AM
    Another poster brought up the idea of our ecosystems being portable between different platforms. I think thats a great idea.

Who else likes that idea or do you like being locked in with one device maker?
    Great idea, IMHO.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    05-30-12 05:20 AM
    I'm sure everyone would love that, including me. But not so for developers, phone manufacturers, and perhaps even consumers.

Different platform uses different language. Java, C++, objective C, and C#. Different softwares as well. So, that takes development time, and manpower as well. Plus maintenance of the apps, updates, bug fixes...etc. All that takes time and importantly money. If apps were to indeed becomes transferable, apps would start to cost more. The more platforms it supports, the higher the cost. Which ultimately wouldn't make a difference. For people who prefer to stick to only 1 or 2 platform, it will be cheaper for them.

For manufacturers, well, the last thing they want is people switching platform. haha.
    05-30-12 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD