I got my storm about 2 weeks ago, and its been working great. However, what i've heard is that generally they all started out working great, then once you start adding more apps or it gets older it starts buggin out. I am still under my 30 day warrentee so I could return it to the verizon store before anything really goes wrong and pick up a tour and pay the difference between the two phones. But I am used to the touch screen and clicking of the tour but I keep hearing great things about the tour and perhaps this switch would be for the best. Is it possible that my storm will keep working great for my entire 2 year contract? or will it be best to go to the Tour and get my first non-touch blackberry.
    07-23-09 06:46 AM
    It all depends on what you want!
    Do you like touch over full keyboard.
    I'm sure there are cases where the storm is great the whole two years, but those are far and few inbetween.
    Personally I would take the storm back and get the tour, but I am more of a full keyboard kind of girl myself.
    Maybe you should go to the tour thread and ask the storm owners that left the storm for the tour why they decided to do it and are they happy.
    07-23-09 07:42 AM
    I am a storm owner for about 3 months now- my personal opinion is exactly that. It works great the first month or so, and then as you start to use it more, it slowly begins to bug and glitch and shut off at random times. It gets old fast.

I am seriously considering calling Verizon customer service and complaining about it, in hopes they will offer me a refurb tour.
    07-30-09 10:16 AM
    I got the Storm back on launch day and went through the issues everyone is complaining about. I switched to the Tour because of the issues and also made the decision that I personally just like the keyboard better. The only thing I miss is the big screen. I love my Tour and have had no issues from day one, so that makes going away from the big screen much easier.
    07-30-09 10:35 AM
    My cuzin has the storm and has had it from day one and finally switched to the tour. He couldn't be happier. No lag,typing a lot faster and more accurate. Os seems to be a lot more stable.
    It was a win win for him. He sold his storm on CL for 350 so that paid for the tour and more

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 11:39 AM
    Well Verizon let you switch from the storm to the tour that easily?
    I have had mine for about 2-3 months and I am just sick of the lag and freeze ups and occasional resets.

I don't want to go to the Verizon store and just have them send me another storm though.
    08-16-09 06:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD