Hi,

I recently bought a Bold 9650 and there is a small cosmetic issue which I'm a little worried about.

I have noticed that the trackpad is quite scratched. It isn't deep, and it does work. However, I am worried that it is going to stop working one day. Has anyone got any experience or advice about a scratched trackpad? Is it a big deal or can they work just like a touch screen that's scratched?

If there was anything I could buy to remove the scratches, I'd be prepared to try it! I am just not confident to take it all apart and replace the part!

Thank you for your help.
    08-14-12 06:01 PM
    Don't worry.
    But if it dose its only �10-�15, about 20 dollars
    08-14-12 06:32 PM
    I replaced the trackpad on my 9800. Cost about $4.oo from cnn.cn Found a tear down video on youtube.
    08-14-12 08:46 PM
    Hi,

I recently bought a Bold 9650 and there is a small cosmetic issue which I'm a little worried about.

I have noticed that the trackpad is quite scratched. It isn't deep, and it does work. However, I am worried that it is going to stop working one day. Has anyone got any experience or advice about a scratched trackpad? Is it a big deal or can they work just like a touch screen that's scratched?

If there was anything I could buy to remove the scratches, I'd be prepared to try it! I am just not confident to take it all apart and replace the part!

Thank you for your help.

My 9650 had a badly scratched track pad too. IDK why, I wasn't rough with the phone. Apparently its somewhat of an issue. The trackpad itself had scratches plus the fake chrome around it was also peeling. Regardless, I never had any issues with the trackpad on that phone and I used it for 1.5 years. It was better then the trackpad on my torch.
    08-14-12 09:40 PM
    Thanks for your replies!

Yes I wonder if the 9650 trackpad wasn't as strong as the later BlackBerry phones. But if you used yours badly scratched for 1.5 years with no problem - I'm now hoping mine will be the same!

But if it was to replace it, from a youtube video it looks very delicate and I worry I could break it. Has anyone replaced their trackpad? How hard was it?!

Cheers
    08-15-12 04:04 AM
    The trackpad on my 9650 was scratched. I used it for almost 2 years with no problems.
    08-15-12 07:19 AM
    Having used the trackpad for a while on my work-issued phone, gotta say - really miss the old trackball.
    08-15-12 07:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD