If this is the new BlackBerry Rome I will buy it in a heartbeat. The passport is excellent and is a solid phone but I really miss my trackpad. It was stupid idea to take away our trackpad.

Still have the Q10 but hated it not having the trackpad.

If the Rome comes with a trackpad, I'm buying 5 or 6 for the family...
    Attached Thumbnails Trackpad-22774282047_32b198a51e_z.jpg   Trackpad-vienna.jpg  
    06-15-16 04:02 AM
    Except the Android OS doesn't work that well with a trackpad. They haven't had real support for a physical movement button since Android 3.0

Even playing with some apps with the Classic, the Android UI/UX doesn't recognise the trackpad input as Up/Down/Left/Right. It would be too much work for BlackBerry to build a work around to every Android app to recognise the trackpad.
    06-15-16 05:12 AM
    That's a pity but if the phone is similar to the fake render posted by berrylink I still love it...
    06-15-16 05:56 AM
    It's not likely that it would... also, that render still as the old 'smiley' shaped keyboard which BlackBerry has seem to have moved on from.

It's not entirely out of the question since the Priv's capacitive keyboard does some of the things that a trackpad would, just not as deeply integrated as it can be on their own OS. It would be mostly just for editing messages which would be fine since this is the primary use for the trackpad, in my opinion.
    bigpolla likes this.
    06-15-16 06:41 AM
    Most Android apps recognize the trackpad. They just don't show a cursor. There's many ways of using the trackpad with Android apps. Granted, it would have to optimized by a great deal to have it fully functional (which would be the only acceptable term for releasing the device with a trackpad). Seeing how much work that was for the Classic on a proprietary OS (and it needs a whole lot of optimization stil) I don't believe they will.
    06-15-16 07:36 AM
    I'd buy this too, looks more elegant. I'd miss the capacitive touch keyboard tho

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-18-16 12:16 AM
    They need to get the trackpad to be recognized as a mouse for pointing and also have a way to switch back a trackpad. OTG mouse or through blueooth works quite nicely on android
    06-18-16 08:42 PM
    Based on the renders I've seen posted on BBM and Central, it does not have a trackpad. The tool belt consists of three soft keys.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-16 12:49 AM