It seems as though I am in the minority here. I prefer the trackball over the trackpad. I have gone back to my 8330 and changed the white trackball to a black one and I have not been happier with my BB. I have never had any issues with the trackball on any of the bbs I have owned. And I have never had to replace one due to functionality. However, I did buy a set of 5 black trackballs on eBay for a couple of bucks just in case. I like the feel of the trackball better. I eel like I have a little more control. And I know that if it were to break, I could replace it easily in a matter of seconds. I have nothing against the trackpad. I have owned several bbs that have them, but I prefer the trackball.
    We are in the minority

The Track ball on the 83XX series devices was THE BEST navigation method I've ever used on any phone, I could navigate in tiny excel cells with ease, and scrolling with my mitts on was so much easier.
    04-16-12 05:31 PM
    When I first got my Blackberry, it had a trackball, I must say, trackball is one of the worst experiences I ever had. During -35 degrees, it literally froze, and became wet inside, so it was impossible to use it until it's fully dried, so I couldn't do anything with my phone.

Trackpad all the way.
    04-16-12 05:43 PM
    When I first got my Blackberry, it had a trackball, I must say, trackball is one of the worst experiences I ever had. During -35 degrees, it literally froze, and became wet inside, so it was impossible to use it until it's fully dried, so I couldn't do anything with my phone.

Trackpad all the way.
    see I find the reverse once it is colder than -20, I found the trackball more reliable than touchscreens or the trackpad,

though I never had the ball freeze up, I did regular maintenance on the ball removing it and cleaning it
    04-16-12 05:54 PM
    snip... I did regular maintenance on the ball removing it and cleaning it
    And therein lies the problem. A user should not need to do mechanical maintenance on a mobile device other than clean the screen.

When you have over 55,000 BBs to support, trackballs are a nightmare.

I understand you may have preferred it, but from a support standpoint it was a fail.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 04-16-12 at 08:00 PM.
    04-16-12 07:57 PM
    I loved the trackball and when I first got the trackpad, it was a big adjustment and I missed the trackball and didn't think I would ever get used to the trackpad.

But now it is the complete opposite. I was struggling with the trackball as it didn't move as smoothly as the trackpad. I wouldn't want to go back to the trackball.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330 using Tapatalk
    Totally agree with you,for myself coming from 8330 to a 9330...

Sent from my Blackberry Playbook using Tapatalk
    04-16-12 08:05 PM
    And therein lies the problem. A user should not need to do mechanical maintenance on a mobile device other than clean the screen.

When you have over 55,000 BBs to support, trackballs are a nightmare.

I understand you may have preferred it, but from a support standpoint it was a fail.

I don't disagree, managing the cleaning of the trackball would be a headache,
    I know most of our 8330's came back with BLACK trackballs from dirt,
    04-16-12 08:10 PM
    Trackpad is the way to go, but RIM has gotta fix the issues that many users run into with the trackpads.
    04-16-12 08:25 PM
    neither, i go with the PB's swipe feature.
    04-17-12 01:31 AM
    TrackPAD.
    After going thru some posts here It felt like Jurassic-age.
    04-17-12 02:48 AM
    It seems as though I am in the minority here. I prefer the trackball over the trackpad. I have gone back to my 8330 and changed the white trackball to a black one and I have not been happier with my BB. I have never had any issues with the trackball on any of the bbs I have owned. And I have never had to replace one due to functionality. However, I did buy a set of 5 black trackballs on eBay for a couple of bucks just in case. I like the feel of the trackball better. I eel like I have a little more control. And I know that if it were to break, I could replace it easily in a matter of seconds. I have nothing against the trackpad. I have owned several bbs that have them, but I prefer the trackball.

Why such a older device? I use to have a 8320

Sent from my BlackBerry 9000 using Tapatalk
    04-17-12 07:04 AM
    Why such a older device? I use to have a 8320

Sent from my BlackBerry 9000 using Tapatalk
    I have gone through many BBs and other devices. I just thought it would be cool to pick up an old 8330. I didn't pay much for it. Bought it on eBay. Was expecting to get tired of it after a week or so, but I have been using it for about two months and I have no intention of giving it up. What can I say, I love this phone. Until there is a reason I should even consider anything else, I'm going to stick with this. It has been nice.
    04-17-12 10:29 AM
    Trackpad is the way to go. I still have to use a trackball with my work device and have to keep a replacement in my desk just in case.
    04-17-12 11:04 AM
    Trackpad in a heartbeat. I wrecked trackballs like crazy, and hated that they'd get sticky and clotted up. But, I'm also adapting to touchscreens nicely.
    04-17-12 11:10 AM
    I Prefer the Trackball. Trackpad doesn't work well for me because my thumb basically gets stuck to it and then I cant glide my thumb over it well. Trackball is much more precise for web browsing as well.
    01-31-13 08:40 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD