So...
    My trackball stopped moving. Sometimes I would clean it with a paper towel and it would work somewhat. But the last time it stopped working, nothing helped...UNTIL.
    I got desperate. I was playing with my Zippo lighter and some of the lighter fluid leaked onto my thumb. I didnt pay it any mind so I picked up my Curve and what do you know...the trackball sort of started working again. So I put some more lighter fluid on my thumb (not a whole lot but enough) and rolled it over the trackball and VOILA. My trackball regained its movement almost instantly. I think its because the fluid took all the moisture or grease or whatever was hindering the trackball's movement away.
    My trackball still works and I did this almost a week and a half ago.
    Just thought I would put in my two cents.
    -dmode07
    04-28-09 02:32 AM
    sweet! i would use a qtip next time though.. the last thing you want are drops of liquid near the underworkings of the phone..
    04-28-09 02:38 AM
    haha. i know i know. i didnt put much on it, just enough to get the moisture off. but thanks for the tip...the "Q-Tip" that is...............ok that was kind of lame but i dont care. HAHA.
    04-28-09 02:46 AM
    lol.. also, there is a thread that shows you how to take apart the trackball assembly, incase there is some hunk of cr@p in there.. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/quic...kballs-202396/
    Last edited by kwmksavage; 04-28-09 at 03:04 AM.
    04-28-09 02:54 AM
    I'd stick to isopropyl alcohol if I were you. The butane might not be so plastic friendly in the long run since it is a hydrocarbon. You wouldn't want the plastic rollers to start melting and getting gunky/sticky.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 03:01 AM
    Alright i can see where youre coming from with the alcohol. I guess after the accidental fix, i didnt really think about finding an alternative. haha. but it isnt butane that i used. I used Synthetic Isoparaffinic Hydrocarbon which is the zippo lighter fluid. I think they would react differently with different materials such as plastic.
    04-28-09 03:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD